It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total heartbreak, advice please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
astro, words of wisdom. considering that you were my age when i was born... for some odd reason, what you said makes sense to make. kind of puts things into perspective. and the othewr guy(don't remember his name) i care, i can't just blow off something that was important to me, call me a sentimental sissy, but i just can't let go that easily, if it was a g.i joe, no problem, but not the woman who i envisioned being my wife and mother to my children. again, thanks a lot guys ( or Girls)

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If you are going to be a man in this world..you are going to suffer rejection in one form or another ..your whole life....in or out of marriage. Get used to it. You cannot escape it.
There is a much bigger world out here than our individual emotions and feelings.
Be very careful about your feelings ..they can decieve you ...totally . I'm not saying ..dont have feelings . I am saying learn some dicipline in your feelings.

If you notice carefully ..now that women are equal...you see alot of them making the news in ways not done years ago...they too cannot take rejection. This is happening more and more...they cant take rejection or the competition.

My point is learn dicipline in your emotions..dont let emotions drag you into the cesspool of becoming non functional or like other wildlife.
Women are all over the place...just like men...no shortage or endangered species going on in the marketplace.

Dont let rejection get you down or make you non funtional in this world..

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
stick around her man- try to get her back, just tell her how u feel, she will come around if u continually tell her u want her back and spend time telling her you do and how much u mean to her. explaine and get her, or dont

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
this is taken from the Cia.gov

there are only

99,324,126 females in the USA ages 15-64

You aren't exactly limited to just 1 girl.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Cowboy: Women play this game. Most women. 95% of all women.

You see, when a woman feels great love for a guy, they get a sense of relief. They have this little voice inside of them saying, "Oh my god, I finally found him, I don't need to search anymore, now I can relax and just live life normally again without worrying about dying an unloved old spinster"

Then, they pretty much break all contact with you for about a month or so, only to come back, jump you when you least suspect it, and start demanding a wedding ring. Seriously.

During this period of "I-Finished-My-Search-So-Now-I-Can-Restism", the woman is subconciously testing you. If you dare contact her or make any sort of move to "win her over", you lose. She will call you obsessed, she will cry, and you will never see her again. Test failed.

I made that mistake many, MANY times in my youth. Afterall, it's hard falling in love with a woman, sleeping with her, and then the next month afterward having her avoid you like ebola.

It wasn't until I caught on to this little game that I learned how to play it. You ignore them and if they DO come by or talk to you, you play it off like, "Ohhh yeah, cool, so what's up? Anything new or exciting goin' on?" You can't let them know you've been crying, reading Dear Abby and writing morose poetry.

Once I learned how to do that, I found that the women I met would come back a month or so later and act as if we had been "going out" the whole time. It's really freaky and I've never understood it. However, every single woman I've ever been with has played that game. The part where they show up a month later and act as if they never left is just utterly amazing.

Side note: This is now why I prefer women in their mid to late 30's and above. They don't play this game...they are ready from the get-go and know what they want. The older, the better.

Take it from me. My advice here was given to a friend, and he was able to go the three weeks his woman vanished without contacitng her, now the two are together and in love. So see, it works.

Why women do this is totally beyond me.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I'm old and I know what you mean about feeling older and acted older than you are, at 17 I was married and had a baby and I always felt older than folks my age even hung out with oder people, still do. All I can tell you is if it ends between you two it will be hard, but you will and can survive this. Sometimes the person we think is best for us is not always the best. Case in point my daughter cried on my shoulder for hours and would not speak to her sister over a young man she had her heart set on, about 10 years later we were at a small music show my hubby was involved in and this young man was playing in the band with him, my daughter was there with us she had since moved to a bigger city and was now married. She asked me who the guy in the band was, she said he looked a little bit familiar and wondered if she knew him and guess what she was not kidding she had no idea who he was. He of course was the young man who had broken her heart all those years ago.
Also something you should think about and I do speak from experience you are only young once, please spend this time getting an education and having fun, once you are tied down with responsibilities it hard to do those things. And when you are 36 you will wish you had, that is the voice of experience talking. Good Luck!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
They do this as part of a weeding out process. Idealy they would like to have it all. All options ...but they need to also know who the guys are that they cannot spin and twist around thier little fingers...at any age. When they are tired of all the options they come around looking for another option. The key is keeping you as a man ..ignorant of the modus operandi. Are all women like this..no not all..but the bulk play variations of this.
Not to worry space cowboy. I agree with the bulk of Kia Raega's post.

Also agree with Goose's post...you are only y oung once..concentrate on your education ...the female is a important part of this education ...dont forget this too. IT is a education you will not get properly in high school or college...not going to happen.

I too date older women for most of my life..even as a young man..I prefered older women.

Do not become discouraged Space Cowboy..get over it and on with your life.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thanks very much to everyone. especially those last few, you've been very helpfull. i have since broken off all communication with her, and when we spoke again, it was not pretty. i realized a lot of things about our relationship that really bothered me, and when i told her, she was very angry. hey well... thanks much to everyone.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kai-Raega
Cowboy: Women play this game. Most women. 95% of all women.

Dude, I really don't think women want that publicized but I too have been on the receiving end of that one (about 20 years ago so its not new). It is beyond me why people seem so inclined to further complicate life when stress is one of the top causes of heart desease. There are a few exceptions. Women who are dating soldiers don't generally do this if they are away at war for obvious reasons. Women who fall for the bad boy that can change just for her with a little love generally won't take the chance he'll find another girl. These are the ones that crack me up.

( Note to the ladies: UHMM Listen carefully. He is not going to change just for you. He does not mean anything he says if he does something else entirly. Lack of hygeine, tatoos, and a rude demeanor are not going away if you give him enough love, money, drugs, or booze. You are there for sex, money, and anything else he can get before moving on to one of the many yous he has lined up on the next street. Translation, if he's worthless now, nothing you will do can change that. Oh sure, but not your guy. You are special, aren't you? )

I just felt that since one gender's secret is out, we should give them something in return.

The advice about older women is generally true. Once they get older, most of these kinds of games are replaced with other issues.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join