It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

smoke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is my 4th day of not smoking.
I'm ready to kill people.
Has anyone here quit smoking? How long did it take you to get over cravings, did you ever go back to smoking, and got any tips on what to do.
Cigarette company's got me by the balls.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I wish I could quit but I probably would kill people so I figure Spock was right in the overall scheme of things. The good of the many and all that

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I quit about three months ago...
I used zyban, it wasn't too bad. I had tried many times before to quit.

I didn't have the cravings while on it. I can just say be tough and you can do it.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hey MrDead. I quit about 10 and a half months ago. In the beginning it is very important to keep yourself as physically and mentally occupied as possible. Taking long walks, I walk 5 miles a day still, listening to music you like, whatever it takes. Look forward to the little anniversaries, a day, a week, a month etc... and allow yourself to feel proud of each of these accomplisments. The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to remember that the cravings do come, but they do not last forever, and as time goes on they get shorter and shorter and become increasingly easier to put out of your mind. Good luck to you!

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I quited 6 month ago. The best tool is your will-power.

William gaved some good advices. Good luck dude,
be one more guy to stop giving aways money to cigarette companies, those greedy evil bastards.

The first week is the hardest.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I quit smoking 25 years ago and still have cravings......good luck.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDead
This is my 4th day of not smoking.
I'm ready to kill people.
Has anyone here quit smoking? How long did it take you to get over cravings, did you ever go back to smoking, and got any tips on what to do.
Cigarette company's got me by the balls.

quit 5 mins ago..
seriously smoking is a hard one to quit. i've tried, i want to kill anyone who talks to me.. lol
good luck.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i quit for about a year. i went cold turkey, the only problem was i had to stay away from the alcohol, because i know alot of non smokers that have to smoke when they drink. well that went well until i couldn't handle staying home watching tv, and you can only run around the block so many times. and i started again. there was another time i started chewing instead, but don't go down that road.

good luck buddy, we're pulling for you.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
well it sounds like quiting somking gives you the same irritibility that women get during PMS. im never gonna smoke. id probally kill somebody going cold turkey. not to mention i tried giving up soda. that lasted about a week. well at least soda cant kill ya.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Believe it or not, this is actually my 4th day being smoke free as well. I think it is pretty easy to quit smoking, I miss it, but hell, you just gotta find yourself an alternative addiction.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just dont get addicted to fastfood instead.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AegisFang
i quit for about a year. i went cold turkey, the only problem was i had to stay away from the alcohol, because i know alot of non smokers that have to smoke when they drink. well that went well until i couldn't handle staying home watching tv, and you can only run around the block so many times. and i started again. there was another time i started chewing instead, but don't go down that road.

good luck buddy, we're pulling for you.

...this was the problem I had when I quit Marlboros years ago. If I had a beer, I wanted a cig......it's tough, but William's advice was good if you like to exercise.....

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i quit smoking over a year ago.

before i quit i readied myself for it. i had to psyche myself out. i knew if i didnt it more than likely wouldnt work and i shouldnt even bother trying if i couldnt control my own mind.

so.....every time i lit a cigarette every day i would take in a really big hit off of it and really taste the smoke. then the mind games would start..."man this thing tastes nasty" "dude, do you understand you're inhaling smoke into your lungs? are you an idiot?" "smell that thing, you smell like that @%$%@##@% thing dude! how does it feel to smell like an ashtray?", things like that. it got to the point where lighting one up would make me feel sick to my stomach and thats when i knew i was ready to quit. i did and i never wanted another one. in fact my jedi mind trick worked so well that i still become sick from smelling cigarette smoke. i literally cannot stand it. the mind is an awful powerful thing and can wind up being your own worst enemy. i dont really believe wanting to quit is enough, i think you have to reprogram your mind by telling yourself every time you light one up how nasty they are. do it long enough and your mind will really believe it and quitting is so much easier.

i dont remember having any physical withdrawl symptons. i feel odd because i didnt have a cigarette in my hand and that was something i never prepared myself for but i never got shaky and felt a physical addiction. i think its just so psycholigically addictive that your mind makes it seem phsyically addictive when its really not. just my opinion though.

never give in and smoke again. your lung will thank you for it later. i know i breath a LOT easier now.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have found that quiting smoking was as easy as starting. i just stopped buying packs and that was the end of that.

arc

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'm still smoking but have made several attempts to give up in the past. Usually managed to stop for 2 months then would have a cigarette or a joint in a moment of weakness and get hooked again.

I did find the cravings went after about a week, the habit took a bit longer. Exercise, plenty of water and fresh fruit and veg helps to flush your body out, as well as taking extra vitamin C supplements and even using aromatherapy oils like orange and clary sage. Just used to have a sniff of the bottle when I wanted a cig.

I'm slowly psyching myself up to another attempt now and have read something quite useful in a self-help book. It said never to think 'I can't have a cigarette' as you will make yourself feel deprived and want one even more. Instead think 'I can have a cigarette anytime, I'm just choosing not to smoke this one, and the next and the one after'.

Hope this helps and good luck with the quitting.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Smoking...grrrrr I hate it...yet I do it. Weak willpower...but damn, I've found given up 'harder' things a whole lot easier than trying to give up tobacco...

I've quit a few times...for months at a time...think the longest I went was almost a year...but then, like a complete idiot, I come back to it in times of stress etc and I'm hooked again.

...and yeah...I'm not a nice person when I give up smoking...kinda get a little 'Hulk' thing happening...

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
ive tried once and didnt find anything special in it. i dont understand what people see in smoking? why have you people started in the first place? peer pressure or what?

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I used to smoke bit I quit a couple of years ago. And I quit cold turkey. The best descision I ever made.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I started smoking because I was bored...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My mom wants to quit. In your guys opinion was the easiest way to do it?'

Nightwalker

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join