It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Guides

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I think every one has spirit guides. Whether you want to listen or not is up to the individual. I practice Reiki as well so I have quite a few around me as well.
I communicate to my guides through channeling. One night I tried something different, and i invited any positive entity to come through. An entity who called himself christ came through. I asked him a few questions and ended that session fairly quickly. I haven't channeled since then.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So it was disturbing? Or?

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

So it was disturbing? Or?

No, it wasn't disturbing. I just felt that the session was "phony." I don't believe in christ (jesus) so that session just felt inauthentic. As I mentioned earlier I'm still learning to channelso I'm still learning to differentiate between sessions that are authentic and inauthentic. I can't take every reading as gospel.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Its ok my sessions are even cornyer

"what is you name"

and I get

"gong e fa choy" which I know isnt a name or as we all know my head is messed up "satan" or "Lucifer"

Why is everything I do my belief or head have to get involved in.

Does anyone know how to shut there head up so I you can actuly listen much thanks

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That's the hard part. Sometimes the answers that come through sound so corney. When the answers start to get "unbelievable", I'll end the session.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by elemtalsage
and I get

"gong e fa choy" which I know isnt a name or as we all know my head is messed up "satan" or "Lucifer"

Strange, it almost sounds as though you were being wished a 'Happy Chinese New Year'.
It's one of the very few phrases in Chinese I know, and that's the first thing I thought when I read your post. I'm not sure of the exact translation, but it boils down to wishing you longevity and prosperity.

The 'English' versions are Gong Xi Fa Cai or Gung Hay Fat Choy.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wow, thats weird. Just minutes after posting this www.abovetopsecret.com... , your topic came to the top........coincidence?

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I find it great that super religious folks always warn against the devil like its the worst thing you could run into on a search for your spirit guides or spirits in general ... I would think Pedophiles or Serial Killers dropping in would be equally traumatic.
So whats the deal.... are those of you that say you have spirit guides and say you know their names actually seeing your spirit guides and talking to them or just feeling them? HOw do you tell the difference between your Guide and a another spirit?

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Facinated--I'm right there with you. I believe in spirit guides and I'm pretty sure my guide is named Martin. I ask for help and guidance when I need it most. Just when you are feeling "down and out", you remember that your spirit guide is there with you and it makes you feel a little better.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Spirit Guide

Do you believe in them?

Do you have one/several?

I used a text messaging service from this site Whispering Spirits to ask a medium apparently any question. Of course whilst I am a believer I do have the skeptic in me and whilst I was dubious about it I decided to give it a go. I asked if I had a spirit guide and if so what were they like. The reply I got was :-

Hi ya Emyr. thks for ur details. We do have our own guides- it's important to try to get in touch with them ourselves- ask urself before u sleep, ask ur guides to show themselves and tell you their name x

To me that's a fairly ambiguous answer and whilst it doesn't disprove if they're genuine, it doesn't really answer my question. Whilst I understand it could conceivably be difficult to answer a question being some distance away, only through the medium of SMS and without direct physical contact I can't be sure.

Anyhow I'll try out what I've been told and see if my spirit guide(s) will come forth.

Originally posted by deadlynightshade
Yes, I do believe in spirit guides but perhaps not in the same sense. I follow the Native American Indian beliefs that we all have animal spirit guides (animal totems). These totems lie in different directions (north, south, east, west, above, below, inner, right, and left). There are nine total that you can have, but not everyone has nine. Each animal totem represents different aspects of your journey on the Great Spirit Walk. I sat down with a shaman one day and discovered my totems, which are my guides. I find them to be very helpful when I am in need of guidance. I am very interested in looking into the book you recommended and see a different perspective. Thanks!

Perhaps our spirit guides come in whatever shape/form we desire or feel most comfortable with? Considering that they exist on a different plane of existence than us, they do not have the same constrictions as us. Therefore who's to say they cannot take on varying forms?

[edit on 2/11/07 by Flyboy211]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yes, I have spirit guides, more than one. They are very good friends to me, and I am ever-thankful for their presence.
I know them by name.

Hmm... totemism was mentioned, but although they are more personal relationships than that (as in, actual individuals, rather than just a species in general), my guides are of an animal nature. Or maybe that's how I perceive them - I don't know.

But it's nice to know there are others who talk to their guides, as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I've been told by people that claim to be psychic, have abilities, that I have two spirit guides. I've heard it from a few, but I can't say for sure. One said that I was not "in-tune" to them even though I do believe in the paranormal and do occasionally have things happen around the house. Actually if there are any psychics here, I'd welcome them to tell me what they think.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

There is a good section on Psychic Net helping you develop your psychic abilities, have a look at the connecting with your spirit guide part and you will be able to connect with your own spirit guides and find out who they are.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hey,because there is metaphysical question that has troubling me,I feel i need to contact my friend(sort of)'s spirit guide to help me,because the nature of my problem is quite complex and I am not sure a normal human being could satisfyingly answer my question ,originally I would like to stay out of supernatural things like that if possible.Any advice on on how to identify spirit guide is actually genuine or not?
edit on 19-6-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join