It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Guides

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I would like to know if there is anyone out there that believes that they have a spirit guide. Well i know that i do. And her name is Darlene. I found out about my Spirit Guide through reading some books of Sylvia Browne's. I love reading her books. I am facinated by everything that I have learned. Just through the few books i have read i have learned somewhat of a lot. And a lot of things that i didn't understand i understand now. I would recommend her to anyone that wants to know more about the paranormal. As a matter of fact.....she has a book called Contacting Your Spirit Guide and it comes with a meditation cd. I purchased it about 2 months ago. But the only thing about it is... in order for the meditation cd to work or in order for you to see anything you have to BELIEVE. And the more you do the meditation and the practices that she has in the book the better you will become in hearin you spirit guide and all that. And to find out more about Sylvia you can go to sylvia.org. But dont just take my word for it. Read some of her books yourself. And get back with me and let me know what you think. I just think all of this is facinating. And cant wait to hear some of you guys responces.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yes, I do believe in spirit guides but perhaps not in the same sense. I follow the Native American Indian beliefs that we all have animal spirit guides (animal totems). These totems lie in different directions (north, south, east, west, above, below, inner, right, and left). There are nine total that you can have, but not everyone has nine. Each animal totem represents different aspects of your journey on the Great Spirit Walk. I sat down with a shaman one day and discovered my totems, which are my guides. I find them to be very helpful when I am in need of guidance. I am very interested in looking into the book you recommended and see a different perspective. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yes, definitely. I know who two of my guides are along with my animal totem who is a grey wolf. My guides have helped me many times and are always there if I ask for help or guidance. Interestingly enough, it grey wolf who is always with me.

Blessings

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If you are looking for books another good one is Spirit Guides by Eileen Goble. Eilenne is a pyschotherapist and holistic practioner from Australia.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I think some people have spirit guides while others have sort of "familiar spirits". There is a huge difference. A spirit guide in the traditional sense is never given commands or orders, and doesn't really behave like a pet, even if its shape is an animal. A familiar spirit can be just the opposite. I would not say that I have spirit guides, but I do believe I have some familiar spirits.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This is a new subject to me.

Whilst seeking more info on the subject, I've encountered many variables that link SG's to an aray of dirrerent pheonmina.

If the origional poster, or someone has an accurate discription and criteria for interaction, pllease do tell.....

INTERISTING!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Yes i have a spirit guide, well more like a few

This is an intrestinmg piece to read,

We all have spirit guides. The average number of guides is 5, usually a mix of male and female. Each guide generally comes in for a specific purpose in our lives. Other aspects of your soul

*Spiritual guardians
*Healers Help with your creative work
*Have a past life connection to you
*Are deceased relatives or close friends
*Extraterrestrials

Many guides are our soul mates which is why we can not find our true love in the physical.
Some guides stay with you for your entire lifetime. Others stay for many years then leave. You can ask a spirit guide to leave if you so chose. You can ask to have another brought to help you evolve. They 'speak' to you in many ways. Sometimes they are the little voice you hear in your head - thoughts. Often times they speak to you in dream state, meditation, altered states of consciousness, through the synchronistic things that occur in your life, through, art, music, dance, or acting.

source

I really suggest that anyone who has not looked in to theres should! its fun and you can learn alot.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Could you prepare a more scientific description or a simple sentence or two about what these things are or what the interaction is like. I keep running across ill-defined descriptions. Thanks

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
You might find this information of interest.
www.crystalinks.com...

From my Wolf Guide the following wisdom.

Wisdom of the Wolf:
Facing the end of one's cycle with dignity and courage
Death and reincarnation
Spirit teaching
Guidance in dreams and meditations
Instinct linked with intelligence
Social and familial values
Outwitting enemies
Ability to pass unseen
Steadfastness
Skill in protection of self and family
Taking advantage of change

[edit on 16/4/2005 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The spirit that I make a goal of listening to is the Holy Spirit. Since He knows the future He knows what's best. He leads and doesn't deceive. He has a goal of making me new.

This is not the same as what you are talking about. I know it could feel that this is the way to go but it is not. Roses are pretty till you get pricked on a thorn, so watch out.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
ive always wanted to know how to contact your spirit guide, i looked into it so many times but havent been able to do it.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yes we have spirit guides they are always there for us, but while they can help us with everyday problems they can not intervene when it comes to our destiny.

It have been with me since I was a child, but it wasn't until about 3 years ago, that he finally said his name and to my surprised its the same name of an uncle that die before I was born during the Korean war.

Funny he is always dress in a very nice business suit and he is always impeccable dress.

I have seen other guides, mostly children and one or two more adults dress in pure white.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Marg are you trying to say that your spirit guide dressess in suits by ARMARNI or HUGO BOSS...or maybe a nice CALVIN KLINE blazer....

I ask you because my spirit guide ( a purple turtle with lemon spots) has a fantastic collection of shells by DOLCE y GABANA..

Hell of a mall they have the other side, dont yer think

Im not belittleling the spirit guide thread...but sometimes the details are just a little too much

I dont know if we all have someone watching over us or not...but if i have, id prefer NOT to see him..i think he or she would loose a little of their charm if i did

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i got a guide as well. always have but never been able to communicate with it till i read a book about Channeling.

also due to reiki i got a MAP team to aid me in times of need and when i have questions.

now understanding them is a whole different matter hehe

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have one. his name is Star and he is also a horse. He used to keep me out of trouble when I was little, by protecting me if I travelled into a dangerous spot in my dreams. I met his physical form a few years ago at the barn I was volenteering at, and it turned out that his owner was also to be my teacher. I hope this helped you in some way,
equine artist

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Marg are you trying to say that your spirit guide dressess in suits by ARMARNI or HUGO BOSS...or maybe a nice CALVIN KLINE blazer....

I ask you because my spirit guide ( a purple turtle with lemon spots) has a fantastic collection of shells by DOLCE y GABANA..

Hell of a mall they have the other side, dont yer think

:lol
on't worry I am still laughing actually I was six years old when I saw my first death person, I though it was somebody visiting, he was standing by some bushes while I was playing with my cousins it was the baptism of my younger brother, I ask his name but he didn't answer, he was pale white with white hair and an undershirt, with white shorts I found out that it was not short but long under pants, because that was the clothes that he die in.

Nobody could see him but me so later I found out that it was the father of the lady that lived next door she was elderly so her father was death. After that I started to see more people that was not there, and as I got older I started to get scare.

So don't worry I am used to people looking at me funny.

Now I don't see them as clear as I got older the images are fading, to the point of been like shadows.

And as for my spiritual guide for some reason he is always wearing a suit.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
How do you speak to your guide?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcs1627
How do you speak to your guide?

In my case I have dreams of conversations, is not like I can call and it will be there, that is not how it works, but in very few occasions he will be clear enough for me to see him, but in about 25 years this has only been in occasions of lots of stress, I felt him sit next to me the day before I got married, I felt his hand on my head and I though it was my father but he was not in the room.

The second time when my son was about to be born, he made a red rose appear in the air.

The third time I was about to have major surgery and was very scare that is the day he gave me his name and for the first time we had a one on one conversation about my surgery.

That in a period of 25 years, most of the time is just in dreams.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Question: How do you speak to your guide?

In my case in a number of ways. Sometimes via dream states, during meditation. At others times I ask for guidance and the 'answer' will pop into my head or some symbol will appear to show me way forward.

It is about being open, looking and listening.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
The spirit that I make a goal of listening to is the Holy Spirit. Since He knows the future He knows what's best. He leads and doesn't deceive. He has a goal of making me new.

This is not the same as what you are talking about. I know it could feel that this is the way to go but it is not. Roses are pretty till you get pricked on a thorn, so watch out.

Here's something for you to think about...

A man goes to heaven, and St Peter shows him around. They go past one room, and the man asks: "Who are all those people in there?" "They are the Methodists," says St Peter. They pass another room, and the man asks the same question. "They are the Anglicans," says St Peter. As they're approaching the next room, St Peter says: "Take your shoes off and tiptoe by as quietly as you can." "Why, who's in there?" asks the man. "The Catholics," says St Peter, "and they think that they're the only ones up here." (Dave Allen 1937-2005)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join