It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

touched by an angel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A few years ago I was feeling unfulfilled with my chosen profession. I am a career waitress. Not someone who's trying to earn a buck while they go to school. Not someone who's doing it while they wait to get their "real" job but a lifer who loves what she does, makes a decent living and who excels in her craft. And to the uninitiated, there's a lot more to being a great food server then taking orders and delivering it. Anyway after years in the business I was questioning it's merit in the grand scheme of things and felt something was missing. This depression persisted for months.
Then everything changed.

One day I went over to serve a women in the corner of the restaurant. Approaching her table she reached for my hand and then holding it said, "Don't ever let anybody make you feel your job isn't important." "It's more important than you'll ever know." This remark led to my introspection on the matter and resulting insight. She was right. I thought about how many lonely people came into the restaurant just to hear a kind word from me. I saw clearly now how unselfishly I give of myself to them. I am not merely a waitress, but a friend who listens and really cares to those in need of one. Maybe I'm not saving the world, but I do bring a little light into the darkness. That's enough for me.

It wasn't until after this issue was resolved that I came to an even more profound conclusion. I believe this life changing visitation was from an angel. I didn't end up waiting on the lady. I can't remember why. I'd never seen her before that day or since. But because of the way she looked into my soul and calmed my uncertainty, I'm convinced she was other worldly.
I believe there are many forms of "guidance" all around us, if only we look.

[edit on 4/15/2005 by dollmonster]

[edit on 4/15/2005 by dollmonster]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think she was an angel. She said the right thing at the right time to give you that encouragement that you needed.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
My cousin was in a severe car accident. She said that she saw our grandmother who has been dead for a number of years, and that our grandmother told her that she was okay and that she could (and should) get up and leave the car because it might blow up.

Turns out there was a woman present at the scene of the accident who bore a striking resemblance to our grandmother. People mentioned her prescence and she even appeared in a photograph of the scene, but no one knew who she was... or where she went, as soon as the paramedics arrived.

I absolutely believe that there are "angels" out there. Who knows who/what they really are, but we should hope they keep doing what good they do. I try to tell myself whenever I am able to do good things - that I could be that person for someone else.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I think that you were very blessed to be "Touched by an Angel".
I believe that angels are all around us and know when we are troubled and in need of help and/or guidance.
I believe that your soul was reaching out for spiritual guidance and your "Angel" was the answer. Good luck and God bless you..

new topics

top topics

join