It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find eggs in dinosaur mom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wow another amazing discovery with Dinosaurs. I wonder if they cut them open if they too would have soft tissue like they found in that dinosaur bone.

I am more into the future and space exploration but I would also be extreemly thriled at the idea they could clone a dino.

CNN Dino Story

X

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If the bones were fossilized it is hard to imagine the eggs weren't also.

The chinese used to be reputed to eat thousand year old eggs as a delicacy.

The egg is a good preservation device.

But millions of years is a long time to believe any soft tissue has survived.

edit: add link
chinesefood.about.com...

[edit on 16-4-2005 by slank]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
hmmm haha ya, if they can clone one dino out , it would be incredible and interesting.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Amazing find! I wonder if cloning an extict species (I mean, extinct for millions of years!) can be done... Don't you think that, for example, the dino couldn't breath the air today, with all its pollution and stuff? It was probably very different then.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
i think the cloned dino will evolve and change to fit the current condition. Just like the cells in the dino differentiate to help fit the condition .

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
These are fossilized eggs, they're found often. Whats really interseting is that they are in an identifiable species.

In paleontologoy, an animal is given a taxic identification, a name.
However, thats all and good for species, but what about, say, eggs? Can't allways id whats in it (via catscanning, etc) to be specifically a particular species, therefore, you can't call it that, and can't give an egg a new name. So there are 'ovotaxons', egg names, usually based strictly on the shell microstructure.

For footprints its even worse, cause there's no hope of finding and animal literally dead in its tracks, and even then its not 'certain'. So there are 'ichnotaxons' for that, 'markings names' that are completely different from the regular taxon names.

So a tyrannosaur egg has one name, a foot print another, and the animal itself another. Nutty no? Necessary unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hrtw
i think the cloned dino will evolve and change to fit the current condition. Just like the cells in the dino differentiate to help fit the condition .

Evolution doesn't, unfortunately (or fortunately) work like this. It takes millions of years to happen, and moves very slowly. If it couldn't survive to begin with, it wouldn't.

new topics

top topics

join