It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Dow Jones last 9 minutes were not reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Because more than 70% of the DOW now is a farce. It´s called Program Trading, but that´s not really important.

Data for the last three weeks is hoaxed
www.nyse.com.../marketinfo/ProgramTrading.html

All you need to know, again, is that it is an illuminati farce.

From
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Of course this time the illuminati can't allow that moment, which is impossible to avoid in the near future. So guess what... "

Look at the stairs used to climb to the ceiling in the photo above; -if you turn them upside down, what I wrote about Iraq is also valid for the economy lies (stocks, pension funds, etc).

So now you also know where the floor for the DOW is...

EDIT: ALL CAPS IN TITLE

[edit on 16-4-2005 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
How long can this facade continue then? What is going to happen? Anything? Or will it be obfuscated with some new promulgated tragedy?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott
Look at the stairs used to climb to the ceiling in the photo above; -if you turn them upside down, what I wrote about Iraq is also valid for the economy lies (stocks, pension funds, etc).

Wait!!! I'm interested to learn but where are the stairs?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott
Because more than 70% of the DOW now is a farce. It´s called Program Trading, but that´s not really important.

Actually, program trading only account for about 45% of equities traded on the NYSE. But you don't realize what Program Trading is, and why it's used.

Program Trading is used by individual trading institutions to trade Stocks and Options based on their price relative to each other in their respective markets, without being affected by typical Stock fluctuations due to company performance or trader sentiment. But this is possible due to discrepancies in price between the indexes of Stocks, Options and Futures. When the prices return to their normal level, the trader makes a profit. This is, in a sense, a risk free trade... more commonly known as arbitrage.

Here's a little more from the Columbia Encyclopedia:

Because the size of the transactions often caused massive jolts in the stock market, many concluded that program trading was largely responsible for the 500-point drop in the Dow Jones Industrial Average on Oct. 19, 1987. During the economic recession that followed, the New York Stock Exchange put new restrictions on computerized trading, and many companies refused to do business with any brokerage house that engaged in program trading. With the unprececented growth of the stock market in the later 1990s, program trading saw a resurgence in some trading houses.

So that goes to show you that it's no sinister "Illuminati" farce, but rather individual investors taking advantage of the system without regards to it's effects. But nice try

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry, did you just trust Columbia? Can I ask why, other than its published as an Encyclopaedia?

Come on, if I had money from drug wars I would put out an encyclopaedia about how I RECYCLED it too.

Yeah, I GOTTA agree with you Matt, there is much more Program selling, than legit trading, and I have to say they may only have been honest for the Mar 14-18 period where they list 70% of all activity as Programmed.

To not alarm any one, of course they lowered the following number to normal levels, but you can notice there were more sells than buys, quite interesting they don't just say the AMOUNT that was sold, and bought. Because then, of course, the discrepancy could be seen for what it is.

Sebat, I hope you lose every dollar you have in the NYSE. Remember what I said about the eclipse? Its not because I'm superstitious, its because the Ultra Rich SWEAR by it.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Enlgisch?

You are saying that the stock companies are able to trade gigantic volumes of stocks/etc in this 'system' that somehow protects the stocks from the regular market fluctuations? How can the value of the stocks be unaffected by the market? Or why would they be affected by it normally if they aren't affected by it in that type of transaction? Do they 'flag' it as a type of transaction?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Sebat, I hope you lose every dollar you have in the NYSE.

Thanks Akilles. And I hope someone fornicates you with an iron stick.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
You are saying that the stock companies are able to trade gigantic volumes of stocks/etc in this 'system' that somehow protects the stocks from the regular market fluctuations? How can the value of the stocks be unaffected by the market? Or why would they be affected by it normally if they aren't affected by it in that type of transaction? Do they 'flag' it as a type of transaction?

The trades are unaffected by regular market fluctuations because they only last for a matter of seconds. There is no TIME for them to be affected. A trader takes advantage of a price discrepancy between the same equity in two separate markets, but this discrepancy only lasts for a short time (until regular market forces make a "correction"). It is up to the trader to make the trade, allow the discrepancy to normalize, and get out.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
sebatwerk, that was uncalled for... I agree with you about Program trading(I would as I use it myself) and it's not only institutions who use these platforms nowadays. I am 100% completely independant and let me tell you "programed" traded is just as risky as regular trading, infact the more people program trade the more it tends to look like the regular market, infact market volitility has gone DOWN as the proliferation of programed trades goes up! Why you ask? Psychology plain and simple. It's called the bandwagon affect, and thats what its called when say the so-called "smart money" makes a trade and the "follow the leader" money follows like a bunch of lemmings, that is how the '87 crash happened, a bunch a programed trades happened(at the same time mind you) and investors saw that and like a bunch of lemmings followed the "smart money" off of a cliff. People who say the markets are controlled have never taken an Economics or Securities course, that much is clear, no one can "control" the markets, only segments of markets is controllable to a limited extend, it's limited by how much capitol said person whom wants control has. Simple as that.

It is up to the trader to make the trade, allow the discrepancy to normalize, and get out.

The same goes for programmed trading, people are still programming the "Automatic" traders.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
sebatwerk, that was uncalled for...

I know... he provoked me and I simply let him know how I feel. That particular poster has a history of making provocative comments towards me, this time I bit. I have no regrets and I will not apologize.

I agree with you about Program trading(I would as I use it myself) and it's not only institutions who use these platforms nowadays. I am 100% completely independant and let me tell you "programed" traded is just as risky as regular trading, infact the more people program trade the more it tends to look like the regular market, infact market volitility has gone DOWN as the proliferation of programed trades goes up! Why you ask? Psychology plain and simple. It's called the bandwagon affect, and thats what its called when say the so-called "smart money" makes a trade and the "follow the leader" money follows like a bunch of lemmings, that is how the '87 crash happened, a bunch a programed trades happened(at the same time mind you) and investors saw that and like a bunch of lemmings followed the "smart money" off of a cliff. People who say the markets are controlled have never taken an Economics or Securities course, that much is clear, no one can "control" the markets, only segments of markets is controllable to a limited extend, it's limited by how much capitol said person whom wants control has. Simple as that.

It is up to the trader to make the trade, allow the discrepancy to normalize, and get out.

The same goes for programmed trading, people are still programming the "Automatic" traders.

Right, I think the point that I was trying to make is simply that program trading is nothing more than arbitrage, though automated and to a larger extent. But there is nothing nefarious or conspiratorial about it. Arbitrage actually helps the markets by bringing prices between equities in different markets back into parity.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I guess you guys can't have a decent discussion. Thread closed untill further noticed.

new topics

top topics

join