It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Minority Report' interface created for US military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Found this story today to be very interesting. If the military is playing with this stuff, then it can't be too long until we start seeing this technology available in the private sector, although just like plasma tvs...it will be very expensive.

I thought some of you might be interested.
New Scientist

A computer interface inspired by the futuristic system portrayed in the movie Minority Report, starring Tom Cruise, could soon help real military personnel deal with information overload.

The film sees characters call up and manipulate video footage and other data in mid-air after donning a special pair of gloves. Now defence company Raytheon, based in Massachusetts, US, is working on a real version and has even employed John Underkoffler, the researcher who proposed the interface to the makers of the film.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't know if it'll be that expensive. I bought an Eye Toy for the PS2 a couple of weeks ago and it's kind of similar in concept. Maybe with a couple of ingenious programmers behind it, the Eye Toy could be used for some really nifty stuff. Only $30 used at the game store I went to also.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
hmmm yea it would be cool to use it but again i'd probally say it would be expensive but like the eye toy it would drop in price

join