It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Northrop Sell a B-2 to a Civilian?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   

TextWould Northrop Sell a B-2 to a Civilian?

its ok dude...ill sell you one of mine.......

FOR SALE

1 b-2 BOMBER,GARAGED NIGHTLY,1 CAREFULL LADY OWNER,NON SMOKER
SCRATCH ON NEAR SIDE WING,FULL SERVICE HISTORY.

lol,seriously though i think its like murcilago said,far too much of the aircraft would have to be changed to sell it to a member of the public,plus the restrictions on flight would have to be unbelievble...never mind the training to actually fly it......

if you want to try stealing one let me know....we could sneak in at night and hotwire one?

regards.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
FOR SALE

1 b-2 BOMBER,GARAGED NIGHTLY,1 CAREFULL LADY OWNER,NON SMOKER
SCRATCH ON NEAR SIDE WING,FULL SERVICE HISTORY.

Maybe I'm just giddy having ATS back after the prolonged outage, but everything seems so funny tonight!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
No, Never going to happen! First, there are too many classified things in the aircraft to remove: All of the compurters, the Radar Absorbing Carbon-based skin, the bombing hardware, Even the exact working of the Flying Wing itself are classified. If you can Get a B-2 WITHOUT the flying wing component, maybe!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Perhaps in 50 years time the CAF will be flying a retired B2 alongside the B29, B17 and other historical types. The airshow highlight will be a pass by the USAF low orbital particle beam platform (pass me the big telescope please daddy)!!!

I actually saw my first airborne B2 a couple of days ago. It was about 6:30PM on Thursday on the East coast (England) and a single B2 came over at 5000Ft for a run-in to the Holbeach range on the Lincolnshire coast.
At 6:50PM he was back again for second pass, at least I am assuming it was him again and not another aircraft.

If I had the bucks I'd still by a Hawker Hunter..... a proper aircraft for proper pilots

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Actually, all it takes is the proper background check (by the FBI/CIA) and a bit of cash, and you can mount just about anything to a car or truck.

I know this because the owner of a shooting range near my beach house owns a pickup with a frigging fully auto Browning .50 cal mounted on the flat bed!

Granted, he was a former officer in the Army and worked in the CIA, but he said private citizens can get that type of stuff too. All it takes is a clean record, a background check, and cash.

Owning a class 3 weapon is ok through the ATF with a $200 transfer tax. However, when it comes to aircraft, I think the FAA strictly forbids the mounting of operational weapons on civilian owned aircraft with the only variance being "cinematic imunity" - when they make movies. If I am in error someone feel free to correct me, but I'm pretty sure that is correct.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The "Gunny" on Mail Call has a 50Cal on his Jeep. But If I wanted to put a 50Cal on my car and drive to school with it, your telling me its legal?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I doubt any civilian will own a B2 for a looooong looooong time if ever.

A few years ago I saw this thing on TV about a guy from Montana or somewhere out there that was a helicopter mechanic in Vietnam (he knew what he was doing). Basically he had attended all these govt auctions and bought tons of lots of misc aircraft parts over the years, and ended up assembling 2 fully operational Cobra's
they were unarmed of course but still way cool in my book.

A while back there was a old Apache on ebay for a few million

I have also seen an article about some wealthy Chicago businessmen that own an F4, Mig 21 and some other jets and they dog fight them for fun

I wasn't aware that anyone privately owned military jets newer than about the 60's??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join