It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Dangerous Airports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've been told that Midway Airport is considered to the America's most dangerous due to short runway and obstructions on both ends. My brother told me that if you screw up a takeoff you die.

Others, that I know of, are: San Diego - due to the Balboa Travel Agency Parking garage at the end of one runway (common approach due to prevailing winds). Then there's John Wayne Airport (Santa Ana, CA) due to general aviation congestion.

A long time ago, I went to the top roof deck of the Balboa Parking Garage - I could almost reach up and touch aircraft landing gear as they passed over. I've been told (can't prove it) that aircraft landing gear has actually impacted with the corner of of the garage.

Adonsa

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
When I was at the Zagreb airport my mom told me not to walk off of the cement because there were landmines there
Way more dangerouse.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The airport where one of the worlds worst plane crashes happened was a long time called "the worlds most dangerous". If it is still, I donĀ“t know. It is the airport at Tenerife. Two Jumbo-jets crashed there on the runway killing several hundreds of people.

Collision between KLM and PanAm Boeing 747's at Tenerife

"All 234 passengers and 14 crew members in the KLM plane were killed, and 321 of the 380 aboard the PanAm flight perished"

[edit on 2005/4/17 by Hellmutt]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The most dangerous large airport is the now closed, Kaitak airport (VHHX)

www.airliners.net...

ttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/0076911/L/

www.airliners.net...

I think you can guess why...

Another dangerous airport is Lukla:

www.airliners.net...

If you mess up the approach, you pretty much will fly into a cliff face.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
actually honduras comayagua airport is the most dangerous. It is surrounded with lots of mountains, the cement is hard to land on, and there has been 34 plane accidents, even though most were minor incidents.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Bagdad airport (if it still exists) may be a tad bumpy on arrival.

Other than that, the one that is just half built may be worse

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Breifne]

new topics

top topics

join