It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO / US Military vs "Suicide bombers": Mosul: all 30 police stations abandoned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Status of all 30 police stations in Iraq's northen capital: abandoned
In Fear of Freedom fighters, pardon, suicide bombers, about all of 30 police stations in Iraq's northen capital of Mosul abandoned.

Even the independent now says it:
news.independent.co.uk...

The article´s headlines are "Iraq´s northern capital stalked by suicide bombers".
The last line the party will not abandon is that they are fighting suicide bombers.

I can read already the caption for the photo of the last helicopter evacuating the highest roof of Baghdad´s green zone: "As suicide bombers approach, Marines seek protection..."Of course this time the that moment can't be allowed. Yet it is impossible to avoid in the near future. So guess what...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
i wont believe that photo is from iraq until i see further evidence;

also

they Are Freedom Fighters; heres why

"FireFighters fight fires; Crimefighters fight Crimes; well what do FreedomFighters Fight??? They never tell you that do they ?"

thats a George Carlin quote

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
LOL

i just clicked on the photo as choose "save as"

the photo name is

Saigon Exit

this is a VIETNAM PHOTO
being claimed to be from IRAQ

LOL
What a FRAUD
lmao!!!!

(if this photo is just a "this will happen soon" speculation, i apoligize; but from what i see; i think this photo is being claimed as Iraqi , but if im wrong , shoot me in the foot

[edit on 15-4-2005 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
this is a VIETNAM PHOTO

LOL
What a FRAUD
lmao!!!!

(if this photo is just a "this will happen soon" speculation, i apoligize; but from what i see; i think this photo is being claimed as Iraqi , but if im wrong , shoot me in the foot

It's a relativley famous scene.
I recognized it as soon as I saw it and I think many others here know it was a Vietnam photo.

As you guessed in your second edit, it is most likley intended to be a "this will happen soon" photo to accompany the article and I thought it was a nice touch.

[edit on 15-4-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Of course you did AceOfBase.....

Don't look for it to happen though, k?

Iraq is not another Vietnam.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
How can anyone not know what that picture is of? And I don't think anyone claimed that was a picture taken in Iraq either.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
With Iraq being this unsecure now, exactly how does the U.S. military intend to have any sort of exit strategy from Iraq in which the country could be guaranteed to have some sort of national defense against the rebellion? Training Iraqis to take over while at the same time many of the defensive areas are currently abandoned does not bode well for any claims that Iraqis will be able to handle such security measures in the years to come.

If this continues to be the case, then Iraq will most likely be lawless or governed by roving bands of armed Islamic youth. The multiple permanent U.S. military bases in Iraq will have to have extremely powerful defensive measures to withstand the entire country falling to the rebels if the scene as depicted above from Vietnam is not going to occur again.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

this is a VIETNAM PHOTO

LOL What a FRAUD
lmao!!!!

Dude Muzzle open your eyes! Matt never claimed that. He was simply reminiscing about a moment in Saigon and comparing what played out long ago to what can happen in Iraq if America gets scared and listens to Hanoi Jane.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
And who exactly is playing Hanoi Jane now?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
What do you mean playing? I ment that literally I'm not sure what you meant?

Hanoi Jane as in Jane Fonda. She has that book out and has been around the networks saying we should cut our losses and leave Iraq in 30 days or less. I just watched her on Cspan yesterday.

If America listens to Jane Fonda as in Hanoi Jane. Get it?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

A suicide bomber detonated explosives in his car outside an army post in Mosul yesterday, creating a cloud of smoke and dust that hovered over the city.

[...] But when we reached an army post on the outskirts of Mosul the soldiers looked apprehensive. Lt-ColYassin, commander of the base, said: "If I send you further into the city in a convoy with three vehicles and men in uniform, you are likely to be a target for suicide bombers."

Two of his men, disguised as civilians, drove us in a nondescript car at speed through east Mosul, a city of 1.75 million people, about 30 per cent Kurdish and 70 per cent Sunni Arab. Although we were in the mostly Kurdish and supposedly safer part of the city, the driver avoided main roads where bombers might lurk.

As we got close to the fortified office - once the headquarters of the local Baath party - of Mr Goran, the head of the Kurdistan Democratic Party in Mosul, as well as deputy governor, we saw smoke rising from a suicide bomber's car.

So there's packs of Benz's with suicide drivers lurking in Mosul? Talk about yer modern day wolfpack.

If we Americans have to pay 80 billion dollars to keep this war going, shouldn't we spend some money on bomb-sniffing dogs and similar technology so these Iraqi cops can do their jobs without dying? These suicide-drivers sound like kamikazes on wheels. What's a low-tech way of defeating that threat?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
May Allah curse those terrorists who are killing innocents everywhere.
May Allah darken their faces and gather them with Hitler and his like.

new topics

top topics

join