It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intresting read on Illuminati

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Please delete

[edit on 15-4-2005 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

It illustrates the classic conflict inherent in faith. Faith is about KNOWING something is true even if the evidence points to the contrary.

Sebatwerk, Faith is wishing something is true. Knowledge, is knowing something is true.

[edit on 15-4-2005 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Sebatwerk, Faith is wishing something is true. Knowledge, is knowing something is true.

Incorrect. Wishing something to be true is HOPE. Faith is believing in something, even without evidence to support it. Knowledge is, well... knowing

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I don't even begin to assume that I know the secret to the miracle of life... Why do the religious? And as for the godless being more likely to be deviants... I hope, sir, that you, sir, do not thumb your nose at me, sir...

I certainly do not. I judge no one. To each his own. I did not say that the godless or atheists are inherently immoral, I merely said that they could be more likely to be, and this is based solely on my own experience with friends and acquaintances that do not believe in God. They do not hold themselves to any kind of moral standard. You could almost (almost) call them Satanists, in some sense of the word, though they don't worship Satan. It's a matter of putting yourself first in all things, which as far as I can see is anathema to Aspirants and practitioners of any of the occultic sciences.

Also, honestly I wouldn't consider myself to be religious per se, but I do have a strong belief in what I believe to be true as far as God is concerned.

And as for Voltaire believing that false religion is preferable to none? Perhaps as a means to keep the unwashed masses in check.

Perhaps.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join