It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is the Word (John 1:1). God the Word became flesh, became man (John 1:14),

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I guess many do not realy know the ''Word''.......LOGOS

QUOTE////The Bible is in a sense a biography of God in this world. In it the Indescribable One has in a sense described Himself.

The Holy Scriptures of the New Testament are a biography of the incarnate God in this world.
In them it is related how God,
in order to reveal Himself to men,
sent God the Logos,
who took on flesh and became man—and as a man told men everything that God is,
everything that God wants from this world and the people in it.

God the Logos revealed God's plan for the world and God's love for the world.
God the Word spoke to men about God with the help of words, insofar as human words can contain the uncontainable God.

All that is necessary for this world and the people in it—the Lord has stated in the Bible.
In it He has given the answers to all questions.
There is no question which can torment the human soul, and not find its answer, either directly or indirectly in the Bible.

Men cannot devise more questions than there are answers in the Bible. If you fail to find the answer to any of your questions in the Bible, it means that you have either posed a senseless question or did not know how to read the Bible and did not finish reading the answer in it.

What is the WORD?

since there is a bit to read.....for those that want to know what the WORD is.....I will copy and paste a bit......and the rest i'll put down the web site///

The beginning of wisdom is to listen to God's word (Matt. 7:24-25).
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away" (Matt. 24:35)

Learning and fulfilling the words of God makes a person a relative of the Lord Jesus. He Himself revealed this when He said: "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and carry it out" (Luke 9:21).

Great is the mystery of the word—so great that the second Person of the Holy Trinity, Christ the Lord, is called "the Word" or "the Logos" in the Bible.

God is the Word (John 1:1). All those words which come from the eternal and absolute Word are fall of God, Divine Truth, Eternity, and Righteousness. If you listen to them, you are listening to God. If you read them, you are reading the direct words of God.

God the Word became flesh, became man (John 1:14), and mute, stuttering man began to proclaim the words of the eternal truth and righteousness of God.

The Saviour indicated this when He said: 'Truly, truly I say unto you, whoever listens to my word and believes in the One who sent me has eternal life ... and has passed over from death to life" (John 5:24).

Thus the Saviour makes the crucial assertion: 'Truly, truly I say unto you, whoever keeps my words will never see death" (John 8:5 1).

www.orthodoxinfo.com...

In the beginning was the WORD,and the WORD was with God,and the WORD was GOD....(The Gospel according to John.chapter 1:1)
The same was in the beginning with GOD.(John1:2)

Hope all this makes sense!

Glory be to God.....

helen.....

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You know, the new testimant. The new covenant. Jesus came and revolutionized the old testament. Laws, that were issued by God in the old testament, like the stoning of prostitutes and rape victims for instance, were taken away.

Tell me, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD GOD HAVE TO CHANGE ANYTHING. The bible says countless times that God does not change his mind. God is also to stated to be omnipotent and all knowing.

There is no reason that he should have had to change anything. I still am baffled by the foolish minds of christians.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
He didn't change anything, he clarified.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The simple answer to anything about the bible is that man wrote the bible.Can everyone understand that, it is not a historical document. You can read one gospel and then another and find contradictions to each. This book is a mess filled with many problems and the answer is man wrote it and man loves to create stories.:bnghd

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
You know, the new testimant. The new covenant. Jesus came and revolutionized the old testament. Laws, that were issued by God in the old testament, like the stoning of prostitutes and rape victims for instance, were taken away.

Tell me, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD GOD HAVE TO CHANGE ANYTHING. The bible says countless times that God does not change his mind. God is also to stated to be omnipotent and all knowing.

There is no reason that he should have had to change anything. I still am baffled by the foolish minds of christians.

Yes, I have many times been foolish!
But...........
He didn't change his mind........He saw that in order for man to be re-united with God as was before the fall.........God had to come down and destroy the sin that caused the break away from man and God(Im tired so forget my english )In order that to happen, God needed to take upon Himself the curse (sin) Punishment for breaking that one RULE.....
He became the WORD(LOGOS) As was foretold to the prophets and people of the old testament ,and who awaited for Him.......
So....He came and did just that.......died on the CROSS (at golgotha...which means the land of the skull...because of ADAM being there....Adam first to sin(well,eve realy..but not know)and Adam's skull was washed clean of the sin by Chris't spilling of His blood......
anyway.....
God Bless.....
Glory be to God....
night.....

new topics

top topics

join