It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get familiar with nano tech.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Read the article, it is very informative.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I research and teach a section of Nanotechnology at my university. Thankfully we can get undergraduates into it now.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Nanotech is really interesting. I had a course on it this term at school, done it all except the final exam (blech!). I don't think we're going to see it become mainstream very soon, but in 10 or 20 years, I think it will be everywhere. Practical nanotechnologies have already been developed; for example, I read about a plasma tv that used carbon nanotubes, but there isn't a lot of use yet, and it's mostly what I would call 'quiet and non-controversial' tech, like the plasma tv example above.

I can't help wondering if T_Jesus knows my prof, though, since they are in the same field. If anyone wants a good read on nano, try "Engines of Creation" by K. Eric Drexler, available online at www.foresight.org... or if you have $150 you can get the textbook for ee459, my nanotech course, "Introduction to Nanoscale Science and Technology" edited by Di Ventra, Evoy & Heflin Jr. I haven't read EOC yet, but it's supposed to be a nontechnical read. The textbook can get rather confusing if you haven't taken much in the way of university science or engineering, but the authors tried to avoid the hardcore math whenever possible, so it should be ok if you have a bit of scientific training.

join