It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - the sleeping giant - about to WAKE UP!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A show of might will do nothing more but attract more hostilities. They will find any way they can to get back at you. Untill everyone is distroyed or ruined of course.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

A show of might will do nothing more but attract more hostilities. They will find any way they can to get back at you. Untill everyone is distroyed or ruined of course.

Yes, in premise I agree with you. I am a proud - PROUD American, and I am sure that if the USA decides to truly end an opponent, then it would be done. America is walking on egg shells right now. They carry a scary amount of force, but are scared of world opinion. Iraq is truly nothing - If America decided to really do something, it would be scary! This so far has been nothing more than a rehearsal. America started something half baked, saw the reactions, as well as the enemies tactics, and are now preparing. The beginning has just now begun.......

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Is your last name Chamberlain? You sure? That is one naive statement and totally doesn't account for history.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Is your last name Chamberlain? You sure? That is one naive statement and totally doesn't account for history.

Hehe Americans love to blame Chamberlain for not standing up to the Germans don't they but at least he didn't sit around waiting for the Germans to sink a good portion of their fleet before standing up to the axis. When Chamberlain delared war on Germany in 1939 when they invaded Poland where exactly was America? It's funny how Chamberlain is considered to have appleased Germany... which is certainly true, yet America only going to war after it has been attacked is somehow not appleasing the axis? Trying to avoid war is one thing, not fighting once it has started is another as far as i'm concerned. If the president of the US had the balls to declare war on Germany in 1939 to defend Poland with the rest of the allies than WW2 would not have lasted nearly as long. That is if you want to play the blame game

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Trent]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trent
If the president of the US had the balls to declare war on Germany in 1939 to defend Poland with the rest of the allies than WW2 would not have lasted nearly as long. That is if you want to play the blame game

Well first of all in all sense of the word, we were helping. We had no army and no forces that could have helped, we had to rebuild and prepare and both the UK and US knew this.

Lend lease ring a bell?

Plus there were many germans over here who did not want war and we had never signed the treaty with Poland. That was Europe's sphere of influence and we tended to be isolationist.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Yeah i know, it's just i feel poor old Neville was hard done by as he seems to be the focus point for all blame regarding the appleasment of the Germans. He did sign very questionable agreements with them but in the end i think he did realise his mistake. Other leaders who also appleased Hitler early on never get as much attention. It's not like the UK was the only country that could have stood up to Germany and made them think twice, yet they seem to get most of the blame. I think you will find that Britain didn't want to go to war with Germany for many of the same reasons as the US and just about everyone else besides maybe France, at least in terms of what they were capable of doing to stop them.

A Policy Statement by the British Foreign Secretary, March 22, 1938

The war in any case would be likely to be a long one, and if His Majesty's Government became engaged, would not be in a position to contribute at the outset such forces as would help to secure an early victorious conclusion. The main contribution, in the early stages of the war, would be exercise of economic pressure by means of sea power, and this, as experience has shown, is slow in operation and tardy in its effects.

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Trent]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Wake up Americans

The ranting and raving about my side is more pure than your side is bunk. The nation is a little sick right now and the cure is not in sight.

Originally posted by xmotex
The ones who are truly "anti-American" are those who have turned this country, once the bright light of freedom in the world, from a peaceful and democratic Republic to a brutal and murderous empire.

A wannabe empire to be sure. Every empire in history has self-destructed. Every one also had an 'ultimate weapon.'

Originally posted by Rasputin13
We are a great country with great things for one simple reason: us and our ancestors WORKED for it. This world is what you make of it. There's not too many other countries in the world where people crawl through 50 miles of desert to get to it. There's not too many other countries in the world where people will float on a tire through 100 miles of rough seas to get to. There's a reason for that....

Almost- we also have enormous natural resources that almost no other country has. Without those resources America would have been not a bunch different from an enlarged Southwest Africa.

Originally posted by Trent
Hehe Americans love to blame Chamberlain for not standing up to the Germans don't they but at least he didn't sit around waiting for the Germans to sink a good portion of their fleet before standing up to the axis. When Chamberlain de[c]lared war on Germany in 1939 when they invaded Poland where exactly was America? It's funny how Chamberlain is considered to have app[]eased Germany... which is certainly true, yet America only going to war after it has been attacked is somehow not appleasing the axis? Trying to avoid war is one thing, not fighting once it has started is another as far as i'm concerned. If the president of the US had the balls to declare war on Germany in 1939 to defend Poland with the rest of the allies than WW2 would not have lasted nearly as long. That is if you want to play the blame game

I loved this. I too have blamed Chamberlain off and on. Then I read some history of Greece, Hungary and Czechoslovakia realize that America too made concessions that were not in accordance with stated policy.

America is awake, not on a nuclear rampage as some seem to think excusable, but awake and very active:

As in an old movie the beast is on a tantrum. Throwing its weight around more and more. The reasons for invading Afghanistan have vanished- Osama who?

Do we really want the world begging us-

The America my ancestors fought for is not the one we have now. As a half-blind bull, full of rage, America has lost its sense of destiny-

As a beacon was what we were and what we can be again. Think about what you really want to leave for your kids-

Make a difference,

vote, get involved

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

No it's not. Real terrorists would rather kill themselves destroying you than just die and let you live. And what do you do when you launch a mega assault as being called for in this thread??? Create more terrorists.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Americans like the person that started this thread are an embarrassment not only to "Real" Americans , but also the very basis of human existence. You would think that the minds of humans would have evolved enough to realize that we are all human beings. You should also make an investment and by a map of our solar system to make clear that we are revolving around the sun and not the U.S. Take that crap about protecting your own and stick it anywhere but here. You don't even understand what "your own" means , because your ancestry is so mixed up that you can't say for sure where your heritage actually begins. People like you are the ones that need to wake up. You may also want to try an think for yourself once in a while and stop taking it up the backside and asking for seconds from your EMPIRE.

I almost forgot... What freaking war???

[edit on 29-4-2005 by mooseofterror]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
America, world power this is a nation that is only there because they killed almost an entire race just because they wanted america to themself. You are one of the richest nations because the majority of gold you have was and still is plundered from any thrid world country you choose because to attack you still to this day fund the IRA you give them money so that they can bomb more inocent people its good to see good morals come with power. America will never be a threat to any country that stands up for itself as has been proven before. Please tell me what it is that we have to be thankfull for from America.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join