It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - the sleeping giant - about to WAKE UP!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
You need to become one of the 20% of Americans with passports and do some travelling, Rasputin. Either that or join the Army. The plane trips are free I heard, albeit a bit uncomfy.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Rasputin thats your opinion.
Not facts.
Please find the diffrence....

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow, once again I see that bickering is replacing relevant debates. It's a shame.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
You don't understand why it is that when you say you "hate America" that us Americans take it personally. You'll never understand it until you are a true American. We take it personally because we ARE America. We are the greatest nation on God's green Earth. Hey, it ain't braggin if you're tellin the truth!!!

That is blind patriotism if I ever saw it, America has gone down hill since World-War 2 ... Anyone who cant recognise that should open up a NON-US History book...

We take it so personally because we have seen firsthand all of the opportunity and greatness that America affords us. This country does more to see its people prosper than any other. Sure, we're not perfect. No country is, was or ever will be perfect. Democracy may not be the best system out there. It's just the best one we've implemented so far.

The thing I dont get is that all you people relate Capitalism/Imperialism with democracy... Democracy simply means things are voted on, you can have Democratic Communism just as easily...

America is a shoddy example of democracy, your President wasn't even voted in!!! Yet you people did nothing, you didn't fight for your democracy at all... Your fore-fathers would be ashamed!

The bottom line is that there isn't a country in this world that doesn't wish it was America. We are a great country with great things for one simple reason: us and our ancestors WORKED for it. This world is what you make of it. There's not too many other countries in the world where people crawl through 50 miles of desert to get to it. There's not too many other countries in the world where people will float on a tire through 100 miles of rough seas to get to. There's a reason for that....

America came from terrific and admirable deeds... But the thing you need to realise is that America is NOTHING of what it used to be... NOTHING!!!

Your fore-fathers would be ashamed!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Thanks to the "sissies", pacifists, liberals, dope-smoking-flower waving hippies (yeah, they're making a comeback), and the likes of of more than 50% of the members here at ATS.

# I spilled my beer!

Originally posted by JoeTex
Man it sux being the only world super power, so much hate and jealousy for America.... I'm sure glad i'm a Texan...

Its a tough job.......being a Texan in California that is.

You don't understand why it is that when you say you "hate America" that us Americans take it personally. You'll never understand it until you are a true American. We take it personally because we ARE America. We are the greatest nation on God's green Earth. Hey, it ain't braggin if you're tellin the truth!!!

Oh man was that a good one........Truth hurts these types.

And just so he gets the point and those that havent read the whole thread..

They have always and will continue to be on the wrong side of history and we all should hope that we continue to disregard their advice of pacification and retreat.

Originally posted by Rasputin13The bottom line is that there isn't a country in this world that doesn't wish it was America. We are a great country with great things for one simple reason: us and our ancestors WORKED for it. This world is what you make of it. There's not too many other countries in the world where people crawl through 50 miles of desert to get to it. There's not too many other countries in the world where people will float on a tire through 100 miles of rough seas to get to. There's a reason for that....

Funny isnt it? I dont see the 'tulipwalkers' leaving in droves do you? What if we offered free plane tickets to Canada?

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

America came from terrific and admirable deeds... But the thing you need to realise is that America is NOTHING of what it used to be... NOTHING!!!

Your fore-fathers would be ashamed!

And there is the perfect reason why you have no clue. Our forefathers would have kicked our asses for letting the lazy and non-principled change our society the way it has, to one that shuns God at every turn. Many died for the US and for other nations and they believed in the America that their forefathers made in God's name, not the growing pacifistic yellow secular one that many want it to become.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

r 9/11, which is not entirely unreasonable. Terrorists must know that they cant get away with non-retalitory strikes against the west.

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

911physics.co.nr...
letsroll911.org...

The only difference between America and Nazi Germany is that the US is taking it slowly and patiently...

Damn right!

[edit on 22-4-2005 by aelphaeis_mangarae]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

9/11, which is not entirely unreasonable. Terrorists must know that they cant get away with non-retalitory strikes against the west.

What about unprovoked attacks?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aelphaeis_mangarae

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

911physics.co.nr...
letsroll911.org...

Damn right!

Every time I hear this I just think "These people will believe anything"

Just goes to show you, the old saying there is one born everyday hasn't lost its focus.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
How is there a right and wrong side of history?
History after all is a lie that we all agree on....

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well not exactly,

There is a right side to history and if you can't see that then....well....you need help.

2 words,

concentration camps.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by aelphaeis_mangarae

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

911physics.co.nr...
letsroll911.org...

Damn right!

Every time I hear this I just think "These people will believe anything"

Just goes to show you, the old saying there is one born everyday hasn't lost its focus.

Oh the irony...

The fact that you typed that with complete seriousness, ed, speaks volumes about you own gullibility. I'm kinda getting tired of this place. Circles going around and around...

[edit on 27-4-2005 by cargo]

D

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   

The bottom line is that there isn't a country in this world that doesn't wish it was America.

Careful when you say that.

You aren't the only one who's a patriot. Many of us love our countries just as much as you love yours and I know that Australian's would never wish their country was America. We're Australians and we have no shame in being Australian's nor do we wish to be anyone else.

I dare you to come to Australia and say that we wish this country of ours was the United States.

Back onto topic. IMHO, the US isn't a sleeping giant. It woke up more than half a century ago and will still be going strong for a long while. They might have some competition in the form of China, but I believe the US will be sticking around for a while.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

The bottom line is that there isn't a country in this world that doesn't wish it was America.

i proud to be Brtish and im proud of my country and i wouldnt swap my country for no one. Becareful what you post. Stop living in dreamland, not everyone loves America.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well not exactly,

There is a right side to history and if you can't see that then....well....you need help.

Right side to who?
Me?
You?
Remember what one person thinks will always certanly be diffrrent from another.

2 words,

concentration camps.

Might I point out that many nazi's seen this as an effective way of keeping control.
There have been many similar thinking people from across the world.....What me and you judge as evil, another person could see it as ok.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Why would i want to be American? i live in a nation with free healthcare, good education, political standards and good beer.

Beyond huge rates of murder, teen pregnancy and obesity what does the US have to offer?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

USA - the sleeping giant - about to WAKE UP!

We've already "woken up" and we've been stomping around the playground since 9/11....

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

We take it personally because we ARE America.

Yes you are, but together with two whole continents filled with countries and islands you are America.

We are the greatest nation on God's green Earth. Hey, it ain't braggin if you're tellin the truth!!!

Greatness is a subjective word when it comes to countries. And usually, primitive countries are the ones who claim to be the greatest.

We take it so personally because we have seen firsthand all of the opportunity and greatness that America affords us.

Just as in myriads of other countries, this is nothing unique.

This country does more to see its people prosper than any other.

Tell that to corporations such as Wal-Mart who are breaking down jobs and local economies for their own profit.

Sure, we're not perfect. No country is, was or ever will be perfect. Democracy may not be the best system out there. It's just the best one we've implemented so far.

The Diebold factor proves that that is just not true. Venezuela's last election went better than the U.S.'s last election.

Yes, there are. A lot of them... Believe it or not.

We are a great country with great things for one simple reason: us and our ancestors WORKED for it.

So?? Doesn't mean that other countries don't do the same?

This world is what you make of it. There's not too many other countries in the world where people crawl through 50 miles of desert to get to it. There's not too many other countries in the world where people will float on a tire through 100 miles of rough seas to get to. There's a reason for that....

Yes there are. People go through extremely harsh situations to reach Aruba, England, Canada, France, The Netherlands, Germany and other countries. Fact of life. The U.S. is not unique in this, or in any of the other stuff you claim it's unique in.

Your post sounds like a political campaign, or that of a brainwashed individual.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm tired of hearing people like you whine about how evil the USA is. This country has done more than any other when it comes to helping the sick, bringing aid to the needy, and yes, deploying our military anywhere/anytime we are need. Being wimps only fuel these morons.
As for the war on terrorists - Git-R-Done

Rick - Navy Vet
30% Dissability- You're welcome...

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Question: Who are you talking to?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm sick of everybody intimating 'we got what we deserve' and it's our own fault we were attacked and war is pointless. War is reality, always has been and always will be. And if a show of might deters hostilities from attacking us, then so be it. Let the damned missiles fly.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join