It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - the sleeping giant - about to WAKE UP!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Rasputin,

The very rights they are fighting for is our right to question what we do.
If we did not question what we did and why then we would become moral less and would not care about it.

What is wrong with not haveing a war?
What is wrong with co-operation?
God damm people! Why cant we just get the hell along with out accuseing one another, attacking one another or insult one another?
Why I ask!
The reason?
We are all fools, thats the answer!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The very rights they are fighting for is our right to question what we do.
If we did not question what we did and why then we would become moral less and would not care about it.

God damm people! Why cant we just get the hell along with out accuseing one another, attacking one another or insult one another?
Why I ask!
The reason?
We are all fools, thats the answer!

I apologize. I didn't go back and proofread my rant, and I can see how you would gather that from a few lines of what I said.

I did not by any stretch of the imagination intend to say that we should never question our government, especially when it comes to going to war. We need to be constantly questioning our elected leaders and their policies. I feel its our constitutional and moral duty to do so as American citizens.

What I disagree with, and what I was trying to get at, is the indiscriminate and blanket criticism which mostly comes from the left towards anything a Republican Administration or our military does. In the case of Iraq, the decision was made long ago. We are there now. Our soldiers and airmen have a job to do and they are doing it with the utmost integrity, for the most part. I just don't care for people wishing ill upon our nation and our troops, especially coming from Americans who enjoy all of the priveledges that our military has fought and died for. There is a time for debate, there is a time for frank and open discussion. What there is NEVER an excuse for is hurtful and negative statements that can be detrimental to the safety and moral of our soldiers. I hope you all understand what it is that I'm trying to say here.

Let's not make the mistakes of Vietnam. Let's not give our enemies more propaganda to fuel off of. In a time of war, regardless of your initial opinions of it, we must unite as a nation behind our troops while they are in harm's way. I think we owe it to them, and we owe it to the friends and family members of the military who are probably reading some of the hurtful statements that are being made on here towards their loved ones.

I don't like war. I don't want war. War is hell. But war is a necessary evil sometimes. After all options are off the table, and as a last resort, we must sometimes go to war. It is a sad reality in the world we live in. Unfortunately there are leaders in this world who do not want peace and cannot be dealt with diplomatically. Saddam Huessein was one of them. I feel our government made the right call in not taking the word of a mad man. I do not wish to turn this thread into another "reasons for invading Iraq" topic, but I feel there were many and they were just. The 16+ resolutions. The attempted assassination of a former US PRESIDENT. How we can overlook that last one simply because he is the father of our current leader is REDICULOUS! The man is a former elected leader of this great nation. And what about the daily shooting at our air force jets who were patrolling the no-fly zone and enforcing the very agreement that Saddam approved. That alone, shooting at our planes, is an act of war that I feel is worthy of full retaliation.

When, my friends, hippies and war-mongers alike, is enough enough? When will we no longer allow ruthless dictators to scoff at the will of the United States of America and the will of the Free World?? How can we expect anyone to take us or our laws, or even the resolutions of the UN, seriously if we refuse to enforce them when push comes to shove?

I just cannot understand the very people who claim to be on the side of human rights do everything they can to give a free pass to murderous tyrants like Saddam. The hundreds of thousands of men, women and CHILDREN that are being found every week in mass graves should be reason enough for you left wingers to take a stand.

The sad thing is, this all comes back to the left's hatred of George W. Bush and our armed forces. It comes back to the left's refusal to ever confront evil, or even recognize it as such. If only you would channel half of the energy you use towards hating your twice-elected leader, and aimed it at LOGIC and SENSE then you would see that the world we live in is not one of frollicking bunnies and dandy lions. Unfortunately we live in a world where evil exists, where thousands are murdered everyday by their own leaders, and where lunatics are trying to blow up women and children. I only hope that some day you will all have the wisdom and the resolve to recognize a threat when you see one and to have the courage to stand up to it.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
And let me just say one more thing... I think its a rediculous assertion to make when one says our President shouldn't be able to authorize the use of force because he himself never went to war. Some of our greatest wartime leaders were not soldiers themselves. I honestly feel that President Bush bears the weight of his decisions to go to war. He does not take them lightly, and he mourns the loss of every soldier.

I can see it in his eyes. I can hear it in his voice. I can feel it when he's comforting the families of our fallen heroes. But it doesn't matter that I think all that. It matters that the large majority of our men and women in uniform feel this way too. You can see the love and admiration that they have for our Commander-in-Chief everytime he speaks with them, and the feeling is mutual. A majority of the very men and women who are putting their lives on the line in battle happen to support this President and his decisions. I think that speaks volumes about how they feel in regards to his decision-making and leadership during these times of challenge.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
We return with FOX News right after these messages...

What the?!?! Why are people attacking what this mans said? Hes 100% spot on!

I Live in Australia and this is obvious even to me, the channel would support such actions.
Well timed Cargo!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
They wouldnt be an enemy if it wasnt for an ex elected president of yours, they wouldnt be the enemy if it wasnt for ANOTHER ex elected president of yours, our men and women wouldnt be there if it wasnt for your twice elected president.

Yes our troops are there but that does not mean we need to "Rally behind them" , they are not defending us, they are defending themselves because someone said that sadam could hurt us, which he couldnt BTW.

We didnt need to invade iraq to take out sadam, we didnt need to invade to stop him. A few airstrikes or even an assasination would have done that.

I will stand behind the men , I will hope that they make it home ok and that they dont get hurt BUT I wont justify a war that I feel is unjust.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macuser

We return with FOX News right after these messages...

Gee, nice reply - very witty.Maybe you should inquire about how to be a comedy writer. Sorry you can't seem to see past the end of your own nose, however this is a viable solution.
In reading your posts, you seem to be intelligent, although jaded. Is there a reason you hate Americans?

Macuser get a life and some brains too while you at it....

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

They wouldnt be an enemy if it wasnt for an ex elected president of yours, they wouldnt be the enemy if it wasnt for ANOTHER ex elected president of yours, our men and women wouldnt be there if it wasnt for your twice elected president.

Yeah, that makes sense. They're our enemies simply because of 3 US Presidents. The reason they hate us so much is because of the repressive regimes which they live under. In order to distract them from the deplorable conditions that exist in their countries, and the lavish lifestyles that their unelected leaders are living, the government-controlled Arab media spreads hate propaganda aimed that the US and Israel. Sadly, it works incredibly well. They think that the US and Israel are the reason for every single problem of their's, from high unemployment to a bad case of diarhea.

Granted we have supported some of these leaders because it served our national interests and helped put cheap fuel in that beat up car of your's, but it is the people alone that are responsible for the leadership which they live under. There's more than enough of them to revolt. And if they really wanted to get rid if Israel, then the hundreds of millions of muslims and arabs could just start marching to Jerusalem and wipe them out.

Instead they'd rather believe crazy conspiracy theories and blame us for their plight. Thankfully because of the hard work of our military and the steadfast resolve of our President, Democracy is beginning to spread in the Middle East like wildwife. History will be much kinder to George W. Bush then any of you tree huggers. Just be thankful that our leaders and our military do not share your infection of moral cowardice.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I really think the question that most of you should be asking is whether or not he is right in his assumption. Is the US a sleeping giant?

Whether or not the US was right to invade another country doesn't matter in the end. The American people are very trusting in their government. If another attack occurs inside the US, the "spin" will win. No matter who started it or if it because they have "chickens coming home to roost" as so many have said.

The American people will only know that there is death and destruction on their TV and that their favorite programs are interrupted and they can't go down the street to get fast food. They will only know the words coming out of the talking heads on the news. How will they feel about an "enemy" that has done this to them? Rational thinking may be the first thing to go.

Some people say that the US is a paper tiger. A paper tiger who has used nuclear weapons against its enemies in the past.

WHAT!?

Yes, it is true, the US is the only country in the world to use nuclear weapons in war. You might say that it occurred so many years ago and that they do not have the belly for war like that. You only have to do a little research to find out that the US has been designing new nuclear weapons which better suit the theater of war which exists in this century.

I am not saying whether it is right or wrong, just that it is happening as we speak. Shouldn't you be concerned that they are making smaller nukes which might be socially acceptable in warfare?

After looking at some of the new weaponry displayed on this site, I am wondering what happens if the American people want blood? What happens if they pull out all of the stops which rational thinking people have. I seriously doubt that the word "paper" would describe the scenery.

Ths US has been in a self destruction mode. Who bashes us the most? Other Americans. Rational thinking? Maybe we have seen the end of rationalism. We are too busy fighting amonst ourselves. If we would have tendencies toward violence upon ourselves, what makes you think YOU are safe?

We have been hell bent on destruction for some time now. Ask anyone. What is the US best at? Arrogance and blowing stuff up.

You add all these things together and then ask yourself...

What would happen if one or two events caused all of the US to stop fighting each other and concentrated their wrath on one common enemy?

If the fighting among themselves was considered sleep, I would be very worried if it was upset when it "woke up."

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
And let me just say one more thing... I think its a rediculous assertion to make when one says our President shouldn't be able to authorize the use of force because he himself never went to war.

I would agree, a president should not have HAD to fight in a war to authorize one. However, both Bush and Cheney actively avoided it. When their country called on them, they intentionally did not answer. They did not want to fight, but now they can make others? I see a clear difference between a president who may never have been called upon, and one who was and skirted it. Do you not see the same difference I do?

I honestly feel that President Bush bears the weight of his decisions to go to war. He does not take them lightly, and he mourns the loss of every soldier.

I honestly feel that he doesn't. And it's not because I am self-loathing or because I hate our country. Only one of us is correct I guess, no real way to know who.

A majority of the very men and women who are putting their lives on the line in battle happen to support this President and his decisions.

In the military you're given little choice, they break your spirit and your personal convictions. You give up your right to even say anything negative about the president, or you could face punishment. So an accurate measure of their support would be impossible, they are just doing their jobs, as soldiers. Soldiers that answered when called upon, regardless if right or wrong.

I think that speaks volumes about how they feel in regards to his decision-making and leadership during these times of challenge.

Again, they have no right whatsoever to challenge his leadership, to do so could end their career. That speaks volumes about how we have no idea how they really feel, IMO.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

How else can cuts to education spending and increased defence spending be maintained?
Keep the population dumb so they dont question the regliouses right or the government.

Nothing expect for the fact it destorys the UN is evil the whole world is against the USA fanastys.

Refer to above post -keeping the population dumb after all America only understands two no wait three political pharses liberal, consertive and communist. It gets even better only republicans are allowed to have had creditable military service any one else is a traitor for having served his country in Vietnam.

When its time start bashing liberals the high and mightly consertives are happy to ignore Vietnam but are happy to compare Iraq to WW2

Now either those people missed a few history classes or there complete idoits I will let the reader make there own mind up about that one.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Yes, it is true, the US is the only country in the world to use nuclear weapons in war. You might say that it occurred so many years ago and that they do not have the belly for war like that. You only have to do a little research to find out that the US has been designing new nuclear weapons which better suit the theater of war which exists in this century.

While the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki resulted in the deaths of several hundred thousand people, and untold damage for decades after, I feel it was the right decision to make. Had the bombs not been dropped that forced the surrender of Japan, experts predict that MILLIONS would have died in the coming land invasion of Japan. The war would have dragged on indefinitely, and with the mentality of the Japanese people at the time and their unconditional devotion to their emperor, we may have had to kill every last Japanese citizen to win the war.

The fact that our military is developing new smaller tactical nuclear weapons does not concern me in the least. I find comfort in the fact that our military is producing the most effective and deadly weapons possible. I pray that we never use a single one, but it is reassuring to know that they are there if we ever need them. With world opinion already against us for the most part, it would take an awful lot for our military to resort to using a nuclear weapon. The use of such a weapon would have to be unquestionably worth the ensuing negative world sentiment. Our nation has never and will never take the decision to use nuclear weapons lightly.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

While the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki resulted in the deaths of several hundred thousand people, and untold damage for decades after, I feel it was the right decision to make. Had the bombs not been dropped that forced the surrender of Japan, experts predict that MILLIONS would have died in the coming land invasion of Japan. The war would have dragged on indefinitely, and with the mentality of the Japanese people at the time and their unconditional devotion to their emperor, we may have had to kill every last Japanese citizen to win the war.

The fact that our military is developing new smaller tactical nuclear weapons does not concern me in the least. I find comfort in the fact that our military is producing the most effective and deadly weapons possible. I pray that we never use a single one, but it is reassuring to know that they are there if we ever need them. With world opinion already against us for the most part, it would take an awful lot for our military to resort to using a nuclear weapon. The use of such a weapon would have to be unquestionably worth the ensuing negative world sentiment. Our nation has never and will never take the decision to use nuclear weapons lightly.

Hey Rasputin, I agree with you for the most part. I pray that a nuke is never used again in war. I do however feeel reasuured that there is a theat of anhiliation to stop the worst fear from becoming a reality.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sleeping Giant? The USA is the worst nightmare of any foe out there. The US has barely shown it's hand in the "wars" they have had lately. If the US dcided to play hardball - forget about it. Wouln't even be close!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
As a Navy vet and current defense contractor, I can say beyond a doubt the US is a sleeping giant. However, it will always remain a sleeping giant. The military will always be held back by politicians and public opinion. Korea, Viet Nam, Gulf War I, and Bosnia show that.

Barring a direct military attack from a foreign nation on US soil, the giant will sleep forever.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo3

The US went to war with vietnam because of the spread of communism, it was just a proxy battle with the ruskies all be it a very bloody one but it had to be done. Who would want communism spreading throughout south east asia unchecked?

Well, the communists did in fact take over in Vietnam and the world never succumbed, so their fears were largely unfounded The communist victory in Vietnam served the communist propaganda machine well too, so that "proxy" backfired. It strengthened the resolve for communists all over the world. Sometimes it is just better to leave things alone. Politicians need to start using some fore sight before going to war and start thinking about the bigger picture.

The truth is, there was a real fear that communists would take over the world, but it was not a rational fear. In nearly every country that ever used communism, there was a popular movement towards it. In most cases, it was short-lived and then the powers at be would not let go, but nevertheless, there was a backbone for it to begin with. The USA never had that.

Back on topic:

I find it startling that a lot of people do not realize the impact that a nuclear war would have on the planet. It would be suicide for everybody. It's not like in cartoons and TV shows...

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Hajduk]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

As a Navy vet and current defense contractor, I can say beyond a doubt the US is a sleeping giant. However, it will always remain a sleeping giant. The military will always be held back by politicians and public opinion. Korea, Viet Nam, Gulf War I, and Bosnia show that.

Barring a direct military attack from a foreign nation on US soil, the giant will sleep forever.

Yet still a sleeping giant. Agreed that unless an attack would happen, the US "Giant" would remain asleepl However, do you remember right after 9/11?
This country was united. For the forst time in my life I saw people of every religion and race unite as one - AGAINST a common enemy. Yes this country - THE USA - is indeed a sleeping giant. Wake her, and it will be an unbelievable dislpay of might. Just a fact.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Macuser]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The US a sleeping giant!!! What crack-smoking idiot came up with that! ... They are a giant, a giant that is wide awake and is slowly taking over the world... The thing is 99% of the American public is so brainwashed they cant see it happening under their noses...

Just because their houses aren't getting bombed they think everything is OK... The US is not a sleeping giant, merely a giant who plays the best game of chess in the world... They learnt from Nazi Germany and have vowed not to make the same mistake, instead they are biding their time, peice by peice, little by little, they ARE taking over the world, all under the disguise of spreading FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY... This surely is a great world we live in...

The only difference between America and Nazi Germany is that the US is taking it slowly and patiently...

Wake up, and take the power back Americans!

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but anyone who compares Bush to Hitler is an idiot. It just nullifies the murder of 6 million Jews. Your avatar also nullifies any comments you make, regardless of their validity.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This thread shows how destructive human nature is.

Is it not time that we started to DISCOURAGE war?

This guy must be seriously twisted in the head.

Maybe it's George Bush posting anonymously...

Warmonger.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Your avatar also nullifies any comments you make, regardless of their validity.

That's ridiculous. Someone might not agree with the picture, but to deny a valid statement is ignorance.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join