It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

until death do us part

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
She watched with horror as her father hit her mother. "Daddy no!" she said, but he didnt listen, she watched as a drunken man became satan and unleashed his evil into the room. Sam did what she always does, runs. She ran upstairs into her room, locked the door, and hide under the bed. The tears she cried felt like steal blocks as they fell down her checks, more she cried, the more she felt a growing pain of hate building up inside her. She hated her father. Ever since she was a child, she can always remember her Dad hitting her mother and her mum just taking the beating. Sometimes, Sam even got hit.

20 minutes later. Silence. The house fell silent, just like at the end of a battle. She was scared to leave her room incase her Dad came after her next. Slowly, she moved from under her bed to the door. She listened out to check for sounds of movement. Nothing. All of a sudden, she heard a gun shot, then again, she quickly opened her door and bolted down the stairs. Her heart fell from her chest to the floor and shattered into a thousand pieces as her eyes looked at the horror infront of her. She thought her eyes were lying to her, she wanted to believe that, but it wasnt true.

Her mother laid there on the floor, not moving and her father was next to her mother holding the gun. Both were still, bloodly and dead. Sam cried and cried,
"Please God, no!"
"Mum, Dad, wake up please"
Nothing. Neither one moved or made a sound. She ran to the phone, picked it up and dropped it a few times due to panic. She starts dailing on the phone;
"911 how can we help you?"
"My mum and Dad, there not moving!!" she screamed down the phone
"Calm down miss, are you sure?"
"YES!! i heard two gun shots and there not moving"
"Ok, firstly, calm down, we'll send a team right over"
Sam couldnt stop the fear building up inside her. She couldn't understand what drove her father to do this, was it even him who done this? Sam's mind was racing with different possibilities of what has happened. Did her mum take actions into her own hands, did her Dad go over the top? She couldnt find the answers she needed. Her head was filling with pain, she couldnt feel her heart anymore, it was like it was ripped out of her chest when she found the two lying there.

Sam was only 13, recently changed school after previously being bullied at her old high school. Her parents fell apart when the found out their daughter was being bullied, it wasnt till afters Sam failed suicide attempt that they found out. Her mum was cleaning her room one day when she found Sam's diary which confessed to the bullying she was going under and the depression she was going through. She was the oddball at her school. She had no friends, no sociol life nore family. Sam was never really close with her parents, mum was a drug addict and her dad was an alcoholic which made the family full of apathy, which Sam was use to. Her parents would always fight, Dad would beat up her and her mother, once the police took her father away because her mum finally had enough. Sam thought it was all over then, until her mum took her Dad back. As a catholic family, her mum really did believe that she could only leave her husband if death put in a hand.

Sam was being forced into insanity, not coping with the mess infront of her. She looked at the gun infront of her. The gun began to illuminate infront of her, calling her to use it. Maybe she should, her life has had so much hurt and pain in it. I made sense to her. She picked up the gun, smiled and laughed as she took her own life.

The End.

[edit on 15-4-2005 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I hope this is fiction, either way it kept me rivited. It's certainly real. So often people use the the term "dis-functional family," never really understanding just how troubled some survivors can be. Good read infinite, read it a couple times.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by kazi]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I hope its purely fictional too. Good story, good writting. Infinite, you're in school no? Do you submit to the lit journal or newspaper?

*hey*, maybe you can do a little conspiracy column at your school?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
im in college, i want to get my work publish one day because everyone keeps telling me its good enough too, hell, everyone kept saying i had a gift when it came to my poems.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Its a near certainty that there is at least one literary magazine at your university. Not to mention that there are probably a few student run not-official-but-associated literary magazines too.

I have a friend who's been published, its a wrenching thing tho, because there are so many rejection letters.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I have a feeling that infinite wouldn't have to deal with many rejection letters. That story about Sam! My God, my heart just about jumped into my throat when she abruptly laughed, took her own life, then....."The End"

Not everyone, nor even many I'd say have the knack for that sort of suspense, timing, I don't even know the word for it. But you know what I mean. The only problem, is if you go off getting published in big newspapers, writing your own books and poems, get rich, etc... Well, we will miss your writings!

Good luck, just don't leave us.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
ive been looking on websites,etc trying to find out how to get published but i dont know where to start or how to start to be honest.

top topics

join