It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry Fails Basic Computer Test At Army College

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well this is going no where -

I think your wrong - you think I'm wrong.

But I will always back the case that if a member of royalty was in the Army when they went to war they would not be on the front line fighting. They are made officers with ease and will be any position they choose.

Oh you can't think wrong btw my friend.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
Well this is going no where -

I think your wrong - you think I'm wrong.

But I will always back the case that if a member of royalty was in the Army when they went to war they would not be on the front line fighting. They are made officers with ease and will be any position they choose.

Oh you can't think wrong btw my friend.

I know not think that your wrong, and this is going no where since you seem to believe the armed services are simply a holiday agency for the royal family.
Why?
Because if they did a brave act it might shatter this little ideal that you have?
They dont choose the position , if that was so then charles would be an admiral or a general not just just a vice admiral.
Oh and BTW thank you paper for posting what you did.....

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I knew you would write the 'knowing' part.

I know that the armed services arn't a holiday but I also know that the royal family would not put themselves in any danger, that's what normal people like us are for.

My little idea must be the same as your little idea of the royal family being such heroic people.

[edit on 15-4-2005 by phixion]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
I knew you would write the 'knowing' part.

Yes it was quite a bait wasnt it.

I know that the armed services arn't a holiday but I also know that the royal family would not put themselves in any danger, that's what normal people like us are for.

So being bate for a missile in a chopper is not putting yourself in danger?
You seem to have this idea that royalty has not changed over the years.

My little idea must be the same are you little idea of the royal family being such heroic people.

Are you?
What is are you about?
Some are, they are like normal people. Some are heroic some arent.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh, Dggumit! He's a regular kid. Priviledged, but a real kid. Gee, could it be he's messed up because his mother was killed? Could it be that he has some kind of learning disability? Could it even be that the latest Royal wedding has gotten to him, after all his dad and a bar hag?

Not everyone is able to cope and deal with a bunch of crap.

He's not a failure. He needs counseling and another chance.
Too bad for him he's in the public eye more than ever since the "custome" he wore. Again, kid stuff.

Laugh at those in power who should know better, who run countries and dont know how. Who will stop at nothing to screw up the world. IMHO, thats laughable.
Not this.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I reckon people are denying facts even if you support a republic you cant deny Prince Andrew served his country with honor.
In April 2, 1982, the British colony of the Falkland Islands was invaded by Argentina, an event that led to the Falklands War. Prince Andrew's ship, HMS Invincible was only one of two operational aircraft carriers available to the Royal Navy, and as such was a to play a major role in the Royal Navy taskforce being assembled to sail south to retake the islands.

At first the British government were apprehensive of allowing Prince Andrew to remain on Invincible, and wished to move him to a desk job. The prospect of the son of the Queen being killed in action was a possibility, and the government wished to avoid such a circumstance. However, the Queen insisted that Prince Andrew remain with his ship, and so he joined the Invincible as it sailed south, as a Sea King helicopter pilot.

Throughout the conflict Prince Andrew flew on various missions, including Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) and Anti-Surface Warfare search (ASUW). He also helped in casualty evacuation, transport and Search and Air Rescue (SAR). When the conflict ended, and Invincible returned to Portsmouth, the Queen and Prince Philip joined other families of the other crew to welcome the vessel home.

source

top topics

<< 1   >>

join