It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry Fails Basic Computer Test At Army College

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Oh no! Not another blow to the young prince.

Now it seems that he may not be up to the standard needed to be the officer he hopes to be.

Although the computer test was a lot more complex than just sending e-mail, instructors were amazed that Harry failed it.

He seemed to lack the same skills as other recruits.

It is reported that he has failed the 'basic' test. What does this mean now, is he going to be kicked out of Sandhurst, I think not. Maybe he'll received the highest rank of bravery for being such a good sport and taking the failure on the chin.

Qu.1 - What do you wear to a fancy dress party?
Qu.2 - What do you do when their are papparazzi taking photos of you?
Qu.3 - What is your response when a friend says 'let's go get high'.
Qu.4 - What do you do in your local pub?

WRONG ANSWERS

Qu.1 - Wear a nazi uniform.
Qu.2 - Start a fight.
Qu.3 - Yeah sweet, I hope the papers don't find out!
Qu.4 - Get drunk infront of everyone in the town falling off your chair and making a fool of yourself.

Nice one Harry!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hey, give the guy a chance not every one passes first time you know!

I myself have to resit the RN test, officer tests are hard give the guy a chance

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Yes I have given him a chance, and another, and another, and another, and another.

The guy's probably going to be head of the army, which really gets on my nerves. Prince's will receive so many medals but how many bullets do you really think he'll shoot on the battlefield?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
everyone fails tests, maybe it isnt his area. Give him a break, so what he wore a Nazi suit to a party, so what he has fit. He'll make a brilliant king

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Not too sure about king....

Normal teenager he fits right in!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
phixion made some point here...we wouldn´t have a single war today if the political head of a country would lead the troops to war like it was usual for the kings hundreds of years ago. Can you imagine Bush leading an army and making tactical and strategical decisions???
I can´t...

Today you die for the decision of someone else...politicians and royals are just cowards and shortsighted people in my eyes (especially at the current times).

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
The guy's probably going to be head of the army, which really gets on my nerves. Prince's will receive so many medals but how many bullets do you really think he'll shoot on the battlefield?

Prince Andrew served his time, 20 years actually flying choppers yet he's not "head of the RN"

Also guy above me, are you calling Andrew a coward now?

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Prince Andrew served his time, 20 years actually flying choppers yet he's not "head of the RN"

Nope im not..there are always exceptions and thats good in my opinion. I just stated that it was usual to do military service in a war scenario even as a royal in earlier history.

Greetings from the 'guy above'!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hangover
Nope im not..there are always exceptions and thats good in my opinion.

Exceptions, funny how there are ALWAYS exceptions to the rules, thats why most of the rules with exceptions are BS.

I just stated that it was usual to do military service in a war scenario even as a royal in earlier history.

You also stated that they were cowards, which is wrong.

Greetings from the 'guy above'!

Need to invest in some loud speakers to annoy the guy above.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Ok fair point, but I'm sure he was not treated like any of us would be if we were in the army. I'm sure he was also at a significant of less risk than if anyone of us were in the army. The Prince of England, The Queen's Son surely isn't going to be put in any danger at all.

Backing my point up is Prince Charles. The Prince of Wales is a Vice-Admiral in the Royal Navy, a Lieutenant-General in the British Army and an Air Marshal in the Royal Air Force. He is also Colonel-in-Chief of several regiments. How many people do you think he has taken into battle? How many manouvers do you think he has devised and put into action? How many hours training do you think he has done to get where he is? Very little I may say.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Ok fair point, but I'm sure he was not treated like any of us would be if we were in the army. I'm sure he was also at a significant of less risk than if anyone of us were in the army. The Prince of England, The Queen's Son surely isn't going to be put in any danger at all.

Backing my point up is Prince Charles. The Prince of Wales is a Vice-Admiral in the Royal Navy, a Lieutenant-General in the British Army and an Air Marshal in the Royal Air Force. He is also Colonel-in-Chief of several regiments. How many people do you think he has taken into battle? How many manouvers do you think he has devised and put into action? How many hours training do you think he has done to get where he is? Very little I may say.

That´s exactly my point..and that thing about cowards is my personal opinion following no rule of any kind. I was just talking about guys like Bush or Prince William. They will surely never be in a war at the frontline. Maybe William will be in some kind of small newbie mission for making the records looking good and to decorate his chest with all kind of scrap metal. The british army is more morale and honor driven i think so for him it could be possible. Even if it´s only for boosting troop morale.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
No prince will be put in any situation where there is a chance they could be killed. Imagine the news - Iraq Rebels Kill Prince Harry.

Can't see it really myself.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

He flew in the falklands, the whole damm area was unsafe.
He definately wasnt treated like anyone else if we joined the army because he was in the navy.
He also was treated like anyother recruit. Are you trying to accuse the training staff of being biased?

Do you have any idea how many vice-admirals are in the navy?
He probably hasnt taken many people intobattle because lately there has been little conflict.
He also would have done many years of training, just because he's the queens son does not mean he will be treated "softly" or "with care".

That´s exactly my point..and that thing about cowards is my personal opinion following no rule of any kind. I was just talking about guys like Bush or Prince William.

You cant just generalise then not generlise in one minute.
They follow strict rules.

They will surely never be in a war at the frontline.

So the falklands war wasnt frontline?
What line exsactly was the falklands then?
Rear line??
Middle line?

Maybe William will be in some kind of small newbie mission for making the records looking good and to decorate his chest with all kind of scrap metal. The british army is more morale and honor driven i think so for him it could be possible. Even if it´s only for boosting troop morale.

Define "newbie" mission in the british army...

No prince will be put in any situation where there is a chance they could be killed. Imagine the news - Iraq Rebels Kill Prince Harry.

Can't see it really myself.

Uhh what?
Heres a good qoute "anything can get you killed, even doing nothing."
Besides being a chopper pilot is a very risky job.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What a load of nonsense!

Of course he's going to be treated different for being the Queen's son. I don't believe he has done years of training, staying in army bunkers, eating army food, up early everyday, hard work all day. He's GIVEN those titles because of who he is.

Are you trying to accuse the training staff of being biased?

Answer - Yes.

Open your dam eyes.

[edit on 15-4-2005 by phixion]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

What a load of nonsense!

No you just wont accept my take on this.

Of course he's going to be treated different for being the Queen's son. I don't believe he has done years of training, staying in army bunkers, eating army food, up early everyday, hard work all day. He's GIVEN those titles because of who he is.

What?
He is going to be treated harder than other recruits, why?
Because he is a member of royalty , he will be given an even harder time than you or I.
Prince andrew went through the training and earned his wings, if your claiming that the RN is just "giveing them away" then your far more ignorant and arogant than I thought.

Answer - Yes.

Open your dam eyes.

My eyes are open, your just misinterpriting what you see, do you know how much pressure those guys in training are under?
In the RM if you get hurt , you go to hunter troop.
When you get back from hunter troop you WILL be the fittest guy in the troop, with out a doubt.
That is the way its done.
Training is hard, regardless of who you are.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What?
He is going to be treated harder than other recruits, why?
Because he is a member of royalty , he will be given an even harder time than you or I.

I highly doubt it. These guys arn't going to take orders off anyone, they're the highest ranking people in the whole of Britain. They give the orders. If these guys don't want to do something they're not going to do it and no-one's going to make them. So are you saying that Prince Charles ate, slept and breathed with his unit for several years?

Prince andrew went through the training and earned his wings, if your claiming that the RN is just "giveing them away" then your far more ignorant and arogant than I thought.

I'm not claiming that the Navy is 'giving them away', I'm claiming that Price Andrew probably received them with the appropriate training, but do you really think he woke up at 0600 hours everyday to do drill? Then go and do a 5 mile jog before breakfast? No I dont think so. More like he did the training in his own time when it was convienient for him.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I highly doubt it. These guys arn't going to take orders off anyone, they're the highest ranking people in the whole of Britain. They give the orders. If these guys don't want to do something they're not going to do it and no-one's going to make them. So are you saying that Prince Charles ate, slept and breathed with his unit for several years?

Actually no they arent, they will and did take orders from people.
What you think does not matter to me, what you try and influence to others does.
Prince william did , and prince charles probably didnt since he was an officer, if you know the difference make it apparent next post.

I'm not claiming that the Navy is 'giving them away', I'm claiming that Price Andrew probably received them with the appropriate training,

He got them by getting above appropriate training, you are accusing the fleet air arm of being biased and giveing wings away, I take this as a VERY big insult to the RN.

but do you really think he woke up at 0600 hours everyday to do drill?

Yes, otherwise he wouldnt be in the navy.

Then go and do a 5 mile jog before breakfast?

No because the RN doesnt go for 5 mile runs before breakfast, atleast I dont think so.
Not acording to the lad I know in darkmouth right now.
Thats the RMC, and my mate in them says they treat EVERY one the same.

No I dont think so.

Then your thinking incorectly.

More like he did the training in his own time when it was convienient for him.

Then you need to speak to RN personel, until you actually understand what and who they are and what kind of calibre of men and women they have in the RN training then please shut up.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Charles was in the navy for many years and ended up captaining a ship. He has the honorary titles because he is the heir apparent to the queen and soon to be head of the armed forces.

HMS BRONINGTON is the former command of HRH The Prince of Wales. This ex-Royal Naval mahogany hulled minehunter is one of the last of the 'wooden walls'. It is now berthed in the historic Manchester Ship Canal at Trafford Park, Greater Manchester, England The ship was purchased in January 1989 by The Bronington Trust (www.riverweb.co.uk...), which is a registered charity. HRH The Prince of Wales is the current patron of this charity

Andrew spent over twenty years in the Navy, where he trained as a pilot flying Seakings from the Hermes during the Falklands war. As a sub-lieutenant in 1982, Andrew flew on anti-submarine missions, casualty evacuations and acted as a decoy for Exocet missiles launched by Argentinean aircraft against British ships.

He eventuly reached the rank of Commander before leaving the RN.

Edward also joined the marines (the less said about that the better!)

[edit on 15-4-2005 by paperplane_uk]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

He got them by getting above appropriate training, you are accusing the fleet air arm of being biased and giveing wings away, I take this as a VERY big insult to the RN.

Yeah he got above the appropriate training but I assure you he did the training in his own time with his own tutors.

Thats the RMC, and my mate in them says they treat EVERY one the same.

And your mates currently doing training with a member of royalty? So he knows how they treat them?

Then your thinking incorectly.

Is that possible? Maybe your sources are incorrect.

Then you need to speak to RN personel, until you actually understand what and who they are and what kind of calibre of men and women they have in the RN training then please shut up.

I have a good picture of what RN personal are like, and I understand what calibre they have to be. I never said they didn’t, I just said the royalty get’s what they want, hence they can become top of their game at anything by doing very little work.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Yeah he got above the appropriate training but I assure you he did the training in his own time with his own tutors.

Doubt it, the RN trains all its officers at darkmouth, if you dont go there then your not an RN officer.
No question.

And your mates currently doing training with a member of royalty? So he knows how they treat them?

No he is currently doing training, it doesnt matter what you were when you came in.

Is that possible?

Yes...everything is possible, and in your cause very probable.

Maybe your sources are incorrect.

Not unless every member of the RN, SCC and MOD are wrong....

I have a good picture of what RN personal are like, and I understand what calibre they have to be. I never said they didn’t, I just said the royalty get’s what they want, hence they can become top of their game at anything by doing very little work.

By saying that the RN gives royalty an easy time means you know nothing of RN personel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join