It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed in Belgium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Video

This URL takes you to the (Belgian so the it is in Dutch) news bulletin of the commercial channel VTM (quite an important station). The national television station VRT did not show these images.

You will have to wait until the trailer of some reality soap is over, when the actual news starts, skip to timeslot 30:40 and watch. It's a close encounter of the blurred kind

A night store owner saw an orb of light in the sky manouvring around for about three minutes, then it turned into a stripe and flew away rapidly. They claim to be certain that it was not a plane or star/moon. They also say they were scared.

All this happend within a few miles of my home and I missed it

Anyhow, just wanted to share this.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing

Interesting bright UFO there.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
By the bejeezes... I would be exhalted and joyous and excited. Scared? That stupid useless feeling does no good!

Kool. Could be absolutely anything, but... still kind of kool!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I never heard of that one, even though I'm listening to the radio all day long, nearly, but I'm in Wallonia (southern, French speaking part of Belgium for those who don't know). I found nothing about it in the news anywahere...

I don't understand dutch too well, so please could you tell me where and when that happened exactly?

Many thanks in advance, and thanks for sharing the info.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
A pitty they didn't film untill the UFO morphed to a stripe and blasted away.
All they have now is a rather bright globe.

Belgian UFO's are mainly spotted in the area of Kleine Brogel(where there is a joined US/Belgian AFB which is well known in belgium to be a storage place for US nukes) and other places in the East of belgium.

Kortrijk is in the west of belgium, almost at the coast.

Its kindoff strange that it makes the news, especialy since there are UFO video's made in belgium that are far more appealing then this.

You do have to consider though that VTM is the number 1 commercial TV station here in belgium and is known by the more educated to be a bit sensational in both TV shows and news reporting.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ah! Always so zoomed and shaky. I'm sure its actually a real UFO object since it made the news with an interview and all, but if this was a non-descript internet video it would just have been another piss poor UFO video that most would claim to be hoaxed, a street light, distant car or whatever. Hell from where I'm sitting, it might as well be the moon.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
watch the background stars for refrance. it looks like it may have been moveing at quite a speed. the starrs are also moveing rather fast which i would think definatly means that it was not a stationary target such as a street light would be. also a car would not have the background of stars, some would have been blocked out. also in the case of a vehicle of some kind would not have stars lower than the vehicle its self. alsdo the "observers" are pointing to a patch of sky in the daylight. don't speak the language so all i can do is guess what they are discussing.

interesting that this seems to be around yet another airforce base. why do they seem to love military bases and nuclear facilities so much? most of the better ufo pics, seem to be taken around these places.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
watch the background stars for refrance. it looks like it may have been moveing at quite a speed. the starrs are also moveing rather fast which i would think definatly means that it was not a stationary target such as a street light would be.

I'm not sure if what you refer to as "background stars" are actually stars. Looks more to me like noise from the video itself. If this UFO was spotted in an uruban area like I think it was, I doubt there would be many stars visible--let alone as many that appear to be shown in the video. Again to me it looks like video noise/artifacts.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
interesting that this seems to be around yet another airforce base. why do they seem to love military bases and nuclear facilities so much? most of the better ufo pics, seem to be taken around these places.

Who said anything about this being near an airforce base?

I said that usualy the UFO sightings in belgium are in the area of Kleine Brogel AFB which is in the East of belgium.

Kortrijk is in the West of belgium, about 500KM between the 2.

About light polution, indeed, belgium, holland and certain parts in france(like Paris) have some of the highest light polution numbers in the world.
You can actualy spot belgium from space because its so bright.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So, OK, where does that happen? You matrix and dr seem to know what you're talking about. Tell me then, please, where and when this did happen. Kortrijk? Kleine Brogel?

I am Belgian, and and know quite well where those places are. What I want to know is not about the history of Kortrijk or the presence of US nukes in Kleine Brogel, what I want to know is where and when this happened. I say that again, I don't understand dutch enough to get it from the video, and nothing that I can think of to be found in the news.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
My first impression is the camera is zoomed in on the moon and shaken about, then zoomed out and shaken some more. Im not saying thats what this is. Just my first impression.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Seems like whenever there is a good UFO sighting and a video camera present, nobody seems to know how to use the camera. The best shot of the UFO is at approximately 31:40 into the clip and there are still no reference points in the shot, too much camera wobble, and a complete lack of shape. Seems like more than one person saw the UFO. Too bad the video is so scetchy.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
For some reason they always zoom way into the object.
It would be far better if people filming UFO's, just filmed at 1x so that it can be put into perspective with the surroundings.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ok, I'm going to try to translate as much as I can and give more info. I checked with the BUFON (Belgian UFO Network) website and there were more reports of this UFO than just the store manager and his son. It was in the night of 13 - 14 april; above the city of Kortrijk.

Second I want to stress that VTM (the station) is indeed a commercial station and is known for its gutter journalism. The sighting was not reported on the reliable VRT tv station. The video will be available till next thursday or so.

My opinion is that it could in fact be anything. It's sad that UFO's are never filmed or shot by professional cameramen or photographers. If they hadn't zoomed so much we could pick up a tree or a building

Info about Kortrijk
The sighting was in Kortrijk, about 180 km away from Kleine Brogel AFB (Belgium is about 250~300 km wide). Kortrijk is a historical city in the west, some major battles where there (both in the medieval times and in both world wars). Population is quite dense in the area. There's a lot of light polution.

Rough translation
Anchor (A): Does intelligent life exist on other planets? The manager of a nightshop in Kortrijk is convinced since he has managed to film a UFO and on that film you can see that extraterrestrials are visiting the Earth. But the question remains if the images can convince everybody...

Narrator (N): Are the stories correct that a UFO was flying above Kortrijk, searching for a place to land or the Broel Towers? (Note: these towers are in fact a medieval tower bridge in Kortrijk) Who is to say? The flying orb of light turned in a rod after a while and and dove into the cosmos at an extreme velocity. Luckily the managers of a nightshop had a camera so everybody can now withness the extraterrestrial visit.

Witness1 (W1): It came closer and emitted a bright light, and moved back and forth the whole time. Closer and further and so on. It was definitely no star or a moon. It caught our attention and we thought we'd better film it.

N: The images are a bit shaky and blurry, but that seems to be true for any filmed sighting, you never know what in fact you are looking at.

Witness2 (W2), in a very foreign accent I might add
: Bit anxious, bit paniced, two to three minutes, then both (Note: W2 suggest there were two here?) gone.

Ufologist (U): It strongly reminds me of the bright orbs that are frequently reported.

N: And the aliens too must have been really panicing, for they haven't returned since.

A: Sport news.....

BUFON report
Sent by: Hannon
Date of sighting: 14/4/2005
In Kortrijk the night of the 13th April i've seen a floating blue light which suddenly turned into a rod that got bigger and shot away vertically.
Edit: corrected date and added BUFON report translation.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by drmuldor]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Thank you very much for that dr!

I know also the BUFON but their site is all and only in dutch... It's only little help to me...

I don't live very far from Kortrijk... (40-45 mins?) I might if I have some time go there and try to see if the guy has kept the original video (I believe he did...). Maybe I can try to have an original copy?

new topics

top topics

join