It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Satellite Shots - and - Private Security Force on TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I remember seeing on TLC (I think; could've been Discovery or some other network) a documentary on Area 51 maybe a month or so back. It was very interesting, very detailed. They discussed the surrounding landscape and monitoring equipment (little boxes) that could be found around the proximity of Area 51 with a "property of the U.S. government" stamp on it. I wish I would have recorded this, because the documentary included satellite shots of Area 51 with more detail than I've seen before.

As I was watching this I was saying to myself and others in the room, "I bet you'll never see this documentary on air again." Sure enough, it never aired again, and I never saw any ordering information for the video.

Does anyone know anything about this documentary and where I can get a hold of a copy? Or at least some overhead satellite shots of Area 51? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The second thing I wanted to mention was the detail I saw on this documentary on the privately hired security force that patrols and guards Area 51. I'm not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, but does it strike anyone else but me as odd that a government/military installation is guarded by a private security force instead of GI soldiers, military police, or federals?

Thoughts?

[edit on 15-4-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
A thought:

Maybe the official government no longer has control over Area 51? If aliens/nwo/or some other group/organization has gained control of Area 51, then wouldn't that explain why a private security force looks over the base?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Actually, when you saw it a while back, it was a re-airing...

There is a private security force because "technically", it isn't a government base. It's a private facility that is then leased to various government agencies and contractors....

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Let me know if you find a copy of the doc!!

cheers

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
There is a private security force because "technically", it isn't a government base. It's a private facility that is then leased to various government agencies and contractors....

That's interesting... Any chance of finding any documents detailing who these private owners are? I know most counties have some sort of public tax information available to view the value of land. I don't know if this would be a dead end or not; it may be a shadow company/organization that really takes the research no where, but it is a base to cover.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1

Originally posted by Gazrok

That's interesting... Any chance of finding any documents detailing who these private owners are? I know most counties have some sort of public tax information available to view the value of land. I don't know if this would be a dead end or not; it may be a shadow company/organization that really takes the research no where, but it is a base to cover.

Some of the companies that might use Area 51 may include:

AAI
Defense contractor manufactures mechanical and electronic systems for government and industry. Learn about the company's four business units.

Aerojet
Aerospace and defense contractor specializing in electronics weapons, custom chemicals, and space propulsion. Includes videos of test firings.

Aerotech-Herman-Nelson
Manufacturer of portable heating units sells to government and military organizations. Get a company profile, product details and contacts.

Alliant Techsystems - Corporate Homepage
Aerospace and defense technology company features updated news releases, a corporate overview, and profiles of its businesses.

AVdef
France-based aviation defense service offers defense-related aerial work, public transport, and aircraft maintenance. See a list of equipment.

BAE Systems
Renowned British aerospace and defence company publishes its history, news from its eight business units, and engineering studies.

Boeing Integrated Defense Systems
Aerospace company presents details on various smart missiles and warplanes. Choose from lists of strategic and tactical weapons.

Bristol Aerospace
Canadian aerospace company specializing in making components and subsystems for aerospace engines and structures. Has a description of products.

DRS Technologies
Defense technology company serves government and commercial niche markets worldwide. Find office locations and employment opportunities.

Fairchild Controls
Learn about this supplier of fluid-control and air-driven machinery to the military and commercial aerospace industry.

General Dynamics
Multi-discipline defence and aerospace manufacturer offers products including business planes, ships, missiles and marine landing boats. Owns Gulfstream jets.

General Dynamics
Manufacturer of defense systems for the US and its allies. Peruse news, investor information, product specifications, and client profiles.

Hamilton Sundstrand
Division of United Technologies Corporation is involved in aerospace and industrial equipment. Read and overview and historical data.

Kaman Corporation - Corporate Homepage
Diversified manufacturing company presents a corporate overview, investor information, a photo gallery, speeches, and press releases.

Lockheed Martin
Provides a mission statement for the diversified technology giant whose businesses include aeronautics and telecommunications. Read stock quotes.

Northrop Grumman
Provides advanced information technology systems and services to support national-security, civil, and industrial needs. Includes news briefs.

Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
Supplier of military, industrial and commercial helicopters and parts displays products and offers customer support.

Smiths Industries
Aerospace division of this company develops, produces, and markets instrumentation and systems for the world's aerospace and defence markets.

There's probably more though.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oh, I'm sure there's more than that; there may even be quite a few "legitimate" companies that don't seem to have any ties to black projects that may be involved and rent the place out for a project or two. But my interpretation of what Gaz said is that a private entity--individual(s) or corporation--owns the property itself and not the government per se. If that's the case, there should be public records as to who it is that officially owns everyone's favorite facility.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
EG&G does the hiring for security, etc. for the base. I believe the land is technically part of the Dept of Energy's holdings...not sure...check the research project here at the site on it for more details....

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone's already posted these satellite photos, but here's a link to this site just in case, for those interested. These come from the Federation of American Scientists Intelligence Resource Program; copyright goes to Space Imaging.

www.fas.org...

Let me know if you think these photos are no good. They look very nice to me though. You can see lots of detail.

top topics

join