It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maitreya...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm somewhat confused. I did a search here on ATS for "Maitreya", there are several threads. Some refer to a physical man living in asia somewhere
and being married etc blah as per here:

www.maitreya.org...

Then, there is another reference to Maitreya being "channelled" through a medium named Margaret Birkin, as per this site:

www.maitreya-edu.org...

This site states he is communicating through the channel.

With all the discussions previously about this so called prophet - I'm not sure which one is being alleged as the Anti-Christ. It appears to me that the second site is very different from the first one listed above. The second site seems far more 'free love' based rather than NWO based.

How the hecks a normal everyday soul mean to interpret this stuff!!!?? lol

Cheers

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
There are two forms of the maitreya that i know of.

1.) in a sect of buddhism the maitreya is believed to be the 2nd coming of Buddah. Sort of like the way Christians view the second coming of christ. Except this sect of buddhism believes that the second buddah will look nothing like the first one just have his essence...if that makes sense.

2.) the second that i know is found on a website online. I cant remember his name...but anyway he claims to be the prophet of maitreya and on this website he has pictures of a middle eastern man with a turban that he claims is the maitreya. when he says maitreya on this site though he says that this man is Jesus Christ. He also says that this man is in the middle east performing miracles and will one day fight a great battle at the end of days with satan.

Now being a christian i obviously dismiss the 2.) being Jesus christ. As for the first one..many of my Laos friends that are buddhist say that in their countries this sect of buddhism is considered to be a cult. and that buddhism doesnt believe in a god persay..only a state of enlightenment.
I hope that helps a little bit.

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
It's hearing these theories that might help with the confusion, so thanks for telling me what you know. It appears to me that there is two 'forms' of this maitreya although I'm sure its probably the same 'person' in a general sense.

the one I've been reading about discusses God in many ways through his 'channel'. There is so much about spiritulism and what this Maitreya says that makes sense, that is GOOD for mankind. How we are suppose to decipher between the truth and satan's deceit is a much trickier task!
I've been raised to believe that ANYthing that is GOOD, must be connected to God and Good.

Searching is a tough road sometimes!

Cheers

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The only Maitreya I have heard of is the alleged 'master', who is
allegedly channeled by Benjamine Creme. I first heard of this 15
years ago ... and back then his coming was being called 'immenent'.

I do not believe Benjamine Creme channels anyone or anything.
I think he's just ripping off people.

See Share International - google em up

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
sanse_nz......hi

Yes I can understand what you mean about anything that can be GOOD must therefore be connected to God and good....but the problems lies with the devil being the father of all LIES ....as it says in the New Testament....he will use that bit of goodness to get what he wants......he will lie and use goodness....therefore he distorts the truth ....
How can we distinguish goodness for REAL and goodness for LIES?

First of all......this Guy ''Maitreya'' is claiming all the supposed miracles(false or not ? ) for himself....he exalts himself ....or from what I can remeber reading in the web site ........ ''Benjamin Creme'' his spokes person......is claiming that he is the ''I'' the one that the world awaits......being the '''I'' is claiming that he is above all....(this is used in alot of new age stuff(new age as in distorted truths )

If one is a Christian then the ''Apostles Creed'' tells us that we are not EXPECTING Christ on earth again.......Christ will come right before ''Judgement day'' that is.....He will KILL the Antichrist and all his followers ........and then all will be changed.....we get our 'just reserves''
The CREED is a beleif of all Christians.........and it says....
'''And shall come again with Glory(Father,Son,Holy Spirit.....in His Fullness)to JUDGE the living and the dead(the dead being in Christ )and HIS KINGDOM SHALL HAVE NO END'''........which means He will appear in Glory(Fullness)all of a sudden to all MANKIND......
If this guy is claiming that he appeared all of a sudden in the clouds(and I have read that he said he did this)then why do only a small number of people know of this?
Why havent You or any other posters here (and we now have alot of posters at A.T.S )seen him or know of him?
When a demon cannot fool someone, he also comes as an angel of 'light' meaning that he can take the form of goodness(false) make himself beleivable...
This has happened with many monks( Mount Athos )and many Saints who not always saw through this DECEPTION......
Many of the so called visions (not all) are not from God.....but from satan to deceive......in the New Testament it says that the greatest deception will be in the SKY.....aerial realm.....
Take care.....

helen....

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I guess its about going back to basic facts ie the bible. The problem is for me, that as much as I believe in and love God and do all I can to be a good christian, my upbringing in the catholic schooling world has left a bad taste re the bible/religion and hypocrisy. Ugh, its so hard to know whats 'right'! lol

Thanks for your thoughts

xx

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanse_nz
I guess its about going back to basic facts ie the bible. The problem is for me, that as much as I believe in and love God and do all I can to be a good christian, my upbringing in the catholic schooling world has left a bad taste re the bible/religion and hypocrisy. Ugh, its so hard to know whats 'right'! lol

Thanks for your thoughts

xx

My prayers are with you....
Glory be to God.....
Prayer is very useful........Psalm 50(51) Have mercy on me oh God, according to thy great mercy......
It's a good prayer.......
take care.....
helen

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There is an ad somewhere on ATS that describes Matrieya and attempts to get money. Where is that ad? I clicked on it, it is somewhere on the right. Anyways, I thought when I joined the ads would disappear, was that disinformation agents at ATS hacking the site?

top topics

join