It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: GI wrote of killing comrades

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Its completely fair and accurate. Why even question, for a moment, if 'all muslims want to 'kill as many american soldiers as possible'? Its bigoted. If you aren't a bigot, then don't make bigoted statements.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Look I have already said I support the Death Penalty so we disagree there, what shocks me is that you want to join the Uk's military at some point.

How?

Consequences, doesn't that mean anything to you?

I knoiw the consequences of putting on a uniform, I also know IF I kill a man or women (I hope not the latter) then I'll do it defending my fellow shipmates.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am not sure on this but i think our forces still have the death penalty for certain offences like treason, although in practice it is hardly ever used if at all.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwaspI knoiw the consequences of putting on a uniform, I also know IF I kill a man or women (I hope not the latter) then I'll do it defending my fellow shipmates.

So let me get this straight, you will defend your shipmates but only if it is in self defense? I don't know about you, but an Army or Navy needs the ability to go on the offense..........comprende?

You have already stated that you will only kill in self defense. Therefore you can not kill in offense. Join the home guard or something because the Royal Navy can not afford sailors that only kill in defense.

Originally posted by Nygdan
Its completely fair and accurate. Why even question, for a moment, if 'all muslims want to 'kill as many american soldiers as possible'? Its bigoted. If you aren't a bigot, then don't make bigoted statements.

It was not, I was asking if ALL Muslims are duty (Koran) bound to not kill a fellow Muslim? Now we all know how that is played out around the world today, Muslims kill more Muslims than any other. But in the case of the US Army or USMC, it was a legitimate question. Deal with it.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

So let me get this straight, you will defend your shipmates but only if it is in self defense? I don't know about you, but an Army or Navy needs the ability to go on the offense..........comprende?

Isnt that what they tell you in military school, "your defending yourself"?
Thats why I am not going to be in a position to "take it to the enemy" I'm going to be purely engineering, If I must kill then I'll try and do it in self defense of me and my shipmates.

You have already stated that you will only kill in self defense. Therefore you can not kill in offense. Join the home guard or something because the Royal Navy can not afford sailors that only kill in defense.

How does an engineer "attack" something?
I am quite happy to fight for my country knowing I am defending my shipmates or someone else who cant defend themselves.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ugh, this S.O.B. does NOT deserve that uniform.

So, he enlists, and instead of shooting other Muslims (some of which we happen to be fighting throughout the world) he decides to throw a 'nade at the back of some officers?

First of all, that man has NO pride at all. He definately does not deserve that uniform.

He shot them in the back, while they had no chance - he is a coward

I wore that uniform with all of my heart, and he disgraces it. Let's give him life-time solitary confinement. That'd screw him over.

-wD

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
You don't get it? Well I was a Nuke in the US Navy and although I was in engineering, as a crew member of a ship in offensive action I would have taken part in murder as you would describe it and therefore would have been guilty by doing my job even though I didn't push the button.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You don't get it? Well I was a Nuke in the US Navy and although I was in engineering, as a crew member of a ship in offensive action I would have taken part in murder as you would describe it and therefore would have been guilty by doing my job even though I didn't push the button.

Its not murder if its in defense.
I do get it, your trying to point out that my way seems contradictory.
Also going offensive is not the oposite of defensive.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

I do get it, your trying to point out that my way seems contradictory.
Also going offensive is not the oposite of defensive.

OK let me try this, you are on a sub SLBM, you launch a Tomahawk and it kills people. How can that be self defense? You scare me and I would not want you as a shipmate. Pacifist ideology has no place in combat be it offensive or defensive. If you had to turn the key, you would not.

By the way, did you know that ALL US Navy SLBM (Boomer) captains are Christians? I wonder why?

[edit on 15-4-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

OK let me try this, you are on a sub SLBM, you launch a Tomahawk and it kills people. How can that be self defense?

Do submarines just launch random missiles?
No, they are fired for a reason.
No military officer or rateing would open fire knowingly on a civilian or military personal without a reason.

You scare me and I would not want you as a shipmate. Pacifist ideology has no place in combat be it offensive or defensive. If you had to turn the key, you would not.

I would turn the key if I had to, also if I scare you then sorry but thats me.
I will defend my country but will not willingly bring disgrace to my ship mates by knowingly killing someone with out reason.

By the way, did you know that ALL US Navy SLBM (Boomer) captains are Christians? I wonder why?
[edit on 15-4-2005 by edsinger]

That is a very scary thought, I seriosly hope this is not 100% true.
Religion and military command are a dangerous mixture, usually it leads to tradgedy....

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Ugh, this S.O.B. does NOT deserve that uniform.

So, he enlists, and instead of shooting other Muslims (some of which we happen to be fighting throughout the world) he decides to throw a 'nade at the back of some officers?

First of all, that man has NO pride at all. He definately does not deserve that uniform.

He shot them in the back, while they had no chance - he is a coward

I wore that uniform with all of my heart, and he disgraces it. Let's give him life-time solitary confinement. That'd screw him over.

-wD

I actually think your being to kind Web.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

No, they are fired for a reason.

No military officer or rateing would open fire knowingly on a civilian or military personal without a reason.

I would turn the key if I had to, also if I scare you then sorry but thats me.
I will defend my country but will not willingly bring disgrace to my ship mates by knowingly killing someone with out reason.

That is a very scary thought, I seriosly hope this is not 100% true.
Religion and military command are a dangerous mixture, usually it leads to tradgedy....

Well you said it 3 times, reason. Thats the key and I will agree.

As for the Subs, yes it was in the 80's and last I heard it is the same, they have to be married for a long time too. Go figure. I will leave you to figure out why and as for that reason, it is part of the reason they never had to turn the key in the first place.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Well you said it 3 times, reason. Thats the key and I will agree.

If only some people would think of a reason before makeing or thinking up the ideas behind weapons and war.

As for the Subs, yes it was in the 80's and last I heard it is the same, they have to be married for a long time too. Go figure. I will leave you to figure out why and as for that reason, it is part of the reason they never had to turn the key in the first place.

I find it quite worrying actually, hopefully no young A hole takes advantage of this "free shot" at the navy.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Firstly, he went against Islam by doing that - just so you know.
secondly, they can kill other Muslims if it is unjust.
Thirdly, a lot of these remarks are pure fascism.

Move outside of the box, a lot of Muslims have served in the U.S. military, a lot of people have commited treason over the years. Not all muslims will, not all christians will, etc, etc. The fact he is Muslim has nothing to do with this - if you know anything of the Qu'ran, you'd know that this is against their teachings. Like a lot of the Islamic Terrorism is. Which is why, Muslims are not to blame - but a few people preaching the Untruths.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Firstly, he went against Islam by doing that - just so you know.
secondly, they can kill other Muslims if it is unjust.
Thirdly, a lot of these remarks are pure fascism.

Move outside of the box, a lot of Muslims have served in the U.S. military, a lot of people have commited treason over the years. Not all muslims will, not all christians will, etc, etc. The fact he is Muslim has nothing to do with this - if you know anything of the Qu'ran, you'd know that this is against their teachings. Like a lot of the Islamic Terrorism is. Which is why, Muslims are not to blame - but a few people preaching the Untruths.

Thank you.

Thats why I was asking the question. I would have thought this was anti-Koran ar at least from what i know of it.

I can't disagree with anything you have said. Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join