It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: GI wrote of killing comrades

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This just makes me sick, are all Muslims in the US military of this mindset? God I hope not, for their sake also because this surly will not make them feel welcome.

Sgt. Hasan Akbar, left, is led Wednesday under tight security at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

FORT BRAGG, North Carolina (AP) -- An Army sergeant charged in a deadly grenade attack on his comrades wrote in his diary that his fellow soldiers were mistreating him, and that once he was sent to Iraq, "I am going to try and kill as many of them as possible," a jury was told Thursday.

An FBI agent read four passages to the 15-member jury before the prosecution rested its case in the court-martial of Sgt. Hasan Akbar. His lawyers are scheduled to begin calling witnesses in their insanity defense Monday.

Akbar, a Muslim convert, is accused of ambushing his fellow soldiers in their tents at an encampment in Kuwait in March 2003. The Iraq war had just begun. Two U.S. officers were killed in the attack.

Prosecutors have said Akbar told investigators he was worried that U.S. forces would harm fellow Muslims in the Iraq war.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Why isn't this POS dead yet? Why is he still breathing?

I want to see him HANG by the neck until dead. This garbage can shoulda had a 15 minute trial out in the field and been hung in front of his entire unit.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
This just makes me sick, are all Muslims in the US military of this mindset?

No. If you read the news, a kid by the name "Weise" shot up like 11 people to death about a month ago (and he was an ATS member as well).

This does not imply that all people living in Ojibwe reservations are of such mindset. Or that all the students of Columbine are maniacs. Why are you so eager to generalize?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

No. If you read the news, a kid by the name "Weise" shot up like 11 people to death about a month ago (and he was an ATS member as well).

This does not imply that all people living in Ojibwe reservations are of such mindset. Or that all the students of Columbine are maniacs. Why are you so eager to generalize?

Hey there...Try reading his post!!! Muslims in the the U.S. Military.

Weise was not muslim and not in the military

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
aw screw it...Im too tired to debate

[edit on 083030p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Hey there...Try reading his post!!! Muslims in the the U.S. Military.

Weise was not muslim and not in the military

I did read the post. My point was that one could equally generalize along the lines that a certain group of students (Ojibwe) is homicidal.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

So I would hardly call that generalizing.....Thats a thought huh!

And not all muslims in the U.S. Military are like this...not all.

One of my best friends, A Marine recently converted to Islam last month and he is squared away, locked and cocked, Im 100% American don't scew with me kind of guy.

I don't really agree with his so called choice of religion...but I would have him by my side anyday, anytime, anywhere.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ok since you ask. Read what the 'POS' said. If I had the choice of killing Muslims or my countrymen, well I guess you get the idea and you now know what choice he made.

What I am getting at is there an Islamic reason that a US Muslim Soldier could not fire upon his Muslim Brethren? If so, then Muslims do not need to be allowed in the Military as everyone will be watching their back.

This does not bode well, if it is the case.

I would think the Koran would be silent on this issue but I don't know, that is why I am asking.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Ok since you ask. Read what the 'POS' said. If I had the choice of killing Muslims or my countrymen, well I guess you get the idea and you now know what choice he made.

What I am getting at is there an Islamic reason that a US Muslim Soldier could not fire upon his Muslim Brethren? If so, then Muslims do not need to be allowed in the Military as everyone will be watching their back.

This does not bode well, if it is the case.

I would think the Koran would be silent on this issue but I don't know, that is why I am asking.

Funny you ask. I ask my friend the same question. He said that the Koran and Islam does not allow anyone to kill anybody especially other Muslims. Yeah yeah I already know!!! Major contradiction somewhere....

Anyways, I truly think....I know that he is confused. Or else he would'nt have converted. But he is still a great Marine and an awesome American.
He's an exception

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

He's an exception

Thats what scares me!

Depends on which Islam he converted to.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

He's an exception

Thats what scares me!

Depends on which Islam he converted to.

I didnt know there was a choice

Im not sure
He went to Yemen where he converted by a Muslim "priest".

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well some 'versions' preach hostility toward the 'unbelievers and people of the book'. I do not know your friend, but I would remain cautious as Yemen and Saudi Arabia are the hotbeds for fundamentalist conversions now that Afghanistan is well, no longer available.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

I want to see him HANG by the neck until dead. This garbage can shoulda had a 15 minute trial out in the field and been hung in front of his entire unit.

Maximu§

How does commiting a wrong right a wrong?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Maximu§

How does commiting a wrong right a wrong?

And that is where we are different. Why is killing this POS wrong? What chance did he give those he killed that trusted him?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

And that is where we are different. Why is killing this POS wrong?

Killing is wrong, full stop.
Unless in self defense.

What chance did he give those he killed that trusted him?

None, yet would they want us to be just as unhumane as him?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This type of killing can work both ways......to bad a non muslim GI didn't get him....well..... hope he has to bend and count his toes

Sickens me to see him wearing that uniform... he doesn't deserve it.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn
Sickens me to see him wearing that uniform... he doesn't deserve it.

Roger that, this sOB does not deserve to wear the same uniform I did. Maybe we outta lock him up with his buddies at Guantanimo Bay.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwaspKilling is wrong, full stop.
Unless in self defense.

Look I have already said I support the Death Penalty so we disagree there, what shocks me is that you want to join the Uk's military at some point.

Consequences, doesn't that mean anything to you?

As for the uniform, he better hope they kill him quickly because his inmates at Leavenworth will make it a slow and painful death.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Gosh, do ya think? Maybe everyone of any ethnicity has the same mental faculties and capabilities. Maybe 'races' have 'tendencies' that are 'uncorrectable' no? Gosh, maybe we shoudl start putting people into camps, or gassing them right? Just to be safe, right?

Uhmm, how about

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Gosh, do ya think? Maybe everyone of any ethnicity has the same mental faculties and capabilities. Maybe 'races' have 'tendencies' that are 'uncorrectable' no? Gosh, maybe we shoudl start putting people into camps, or gassing them right? Just to be safe, right?

Uhmm, how about

Now dammit that was not fair, and I asked the question. If a Muslim can not shoot another muslim then what the hell are they doing in the Army?

In no way did I imply that they are all that way and to compare me to Hitler is a damn joke. A sick one at that.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by edsinger]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join