It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange light in the sky - need advice.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ok I spotted a light in the sky which I thought was an airplane. I figured since I always read these forums I mine as well look at it for awhile to see if it is an unordinary plane and I catch it doing UFO maneuvers.

After I sat there for a minute I seen that the light was not moving.

So then I figured maybe it is a planet or star.

It was daytime and there were no other light visible in the sky.

I took a few pictures with my digital camera but you could not really see anything, I will upload them and post them in this thread in a few minutes.

My position is Rhode Island. The light is East. It is about halfway up from the horizon.

I asked a few other people to look and they think it is a planet. I took some pictures just to show a reference to the horizon and a picture of it during the day and a picture at night. Just so I could prove that it is stationary and it is visible in the daytime and in the nighttime.

What do you all think? Alien Spaceship? Jupiter? North Star (although it was to the east).

Maybe an astrologist would know.

Could be a Homeland Security Blimp too.

pictures coming, have to install software (they mgiht not even show the light, cheap digital camera).

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
When did you take these pictures? I'm not sure if I understood you correctly or not: how long was the object there for? You say you took pictures of it during the day and at night, so I'm assuming it was there for quite some time. Did it move at all? I mean, if not flying around or anything, was it in roughly the same position from the day to the night? That would be quite interesting...can't wait to see the photos...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
hmmm looking forward to the pictures, what color is the light?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yeah exact same spot. It is still there even now.

Does not move, even as time elapses. You would think that a star would move when the earth moves. It maintains its position over time.

It is visible in the day and in the night.

First thing I thought was some kind of high altitude homeland security blimp, but I would think even a satellite or a blimp would not be able to maintain its position in the sky for this long (maybe).

[edit on 14-4-2005 by Obfuscate]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Light is orangeish white in the day - white at night.

Let me install the digital camera software and upload the pictures. Im going to take one more picture too for good measure

Brb. The pictures on my little video screen on the camera dont even show the light. Hopefully the computer version will be better.

It might have moved a tiny bit over the hours, I am going to compare photos. Very slightly maybe, cant tell. Could be an optical illusion I am seeing. Have to compare photos to see for sure if it moved.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
hmmm.....can it be an air balloon monitoring the weather? The light is used to warn other aircraft? hmmm not sure.....must wait for the pictures.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Could be a blimp. The light is persistant, it doesnt blink. All of the other aircraft I see have bllinking lights. It is very high though, and I would think that if it was a blimp that high it isnt tethered to the ground, so I have a hard time beleiving it would remain in the same exact spot the entire day.

pictures coming soon hopefully, waiting for someone to finish their school project so I can go into the room and start digging around for the camera software disk. I already got yelled at once.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Cant wait for the pictures.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm inclined to think something along the lines of the atmospheric interference K talked about in MIB, but you never know.

Pics would be nice, as well as the time you started seeing it.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hmmm, try driving towards it, if possible. My inclination is that your local car dealership may have tethered one of those advertising small blimps to its roof. I always see those while driving down the highway and my mind starts to run as to what type of aircraft it could be...until I drive for about 2 more minutes and see it's a six foot long inflatable blimp with GMC written boldly across it, attached to a dealership's roof.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
hey i think im peepin the same light your seeing. around 2-4 am i always see this light real high up in the sky in the same spot then it moves away like 5 am. 3 days ago around 4 am i see like 5 lights lined up then yesterday at the same time i see 3 lights in a wide v shape. a comrade told me that these are orbs, so i did a google and from the pics and what i read im guessing these are.hope to see the pics you took as i will also try to take em myself.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ok here they are (initial pictures) spamming over a period of 5 hours.

This first picture was taken in the evening, in reality it was light outside, but in the picture it looks like night time. Either that or my daytime pictures were erased somehow, (maybe the aliens or MIB erased it).

There is a streetlight in this picture so dont think it is a glowing spaceship. It is actually in the middle of this shot(the light in question, although it comes out as phenomena in the pictures). I am going to draw a circle around them but I am just uploading them to make people happy until I can properly present this.

(First picture - evening possible first night picture)

(second picture - probably 20 minutes after the first)

(third picture - probably 45 minutes after the first)

(sixth picture - 4 and 5 have abnormailities from my hand in front of lens - taken probably 1 or 2 hours after first picture- also after i posted this on ats)

(last picture taken - 3 hours after first picture - about 2 hours after I made this post)

Here are most of the pictures. I will be editing the pictures with a circle around the light in question.

Conspiracy #2 - The light started moving after I posted on ATS. There was a second light that had a strobe light, an obvious airplane but when it got perpendicular to the light I posted about, the strobing light stopped and turned into a persistant light like a star and they kept their positions to each other until they moved off my western horizon "together" like normal stars would.

Not sure. As crazy as it sounds. I would say that they were not just stationary stars millions of light years away. But I guess should first look at these photos.

Let the investigation begin.

[edit on 15-4-2005 by Obfuscate]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Ok very weird.

I inverted the picture's colors (turned black into white and white into black so I could more easily pick out all of the light sources in the sky).

What I found was weird. (this is the first picture btw)

There are 4 light sources in the sky (where the actual light in question roughly was). But what I saw with my own eyes was that there was only two stars.

Also some of them look very weird, almost like *rolls eyes* flying saucers.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Second picture inverted.

4 light sources visible again but some in different positions. The time between these pictures was posted in my original post. I can timestamp them from my digital camera I think to find out EXACTLY but I think my estimates are close.

Is that a flying saucer?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
OK this is my last picture.

As you can see the second light I told you about comes into the picture and takes up a position directly on the side of the initial light I seen.

If these were stars, in the 5 hours that has elapsed they would of been over my head and near the opposite horizon. That is the direction they have now moved anyways. And I think thats the way the earth rotates.

So what does everyone think?

I am surprised myself.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If it is back tommorrow, since it took off a few hours after I posted this, I will take some real pictures with real film with some good zoom action and quality.

Aliens or MIB will not take up positions in the skies near my home and get away with it. Im going to start building my own surveilance blimps and pursuit planes pretty soon.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You can clearly see that at least one of the lights remains in the SAME position over the span of about 5 hours.

After I posted on ATS both of the lights moved over my head into the opposite horizon in a relatively short time (few hours or less). Maybe they knew their gig was up and it was time to move on.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
very interesting.......hmm and weird... is there any military building near your house?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Any chance of scaling down the pics? Hehe...

May want to check out NICAP, MUFON, etc. and see if any reported sightings in your area for the day and time. They may even have an explanation.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think what you've got is some pictures of Jupiter. Jupiter rises around sunset in the East now and is easily the brightest star in the sky. It's also a lot bigger than the other stars and just doesn't look right when you first see it due to the size and brightness.

A couple of questions:

1. What type of digital camera were you using (brand, model, etc)?
2. What setting did you have the camera on?
3. Does the camera have manual settings or can you put it in "Night Landscape" mode? You'll want to either use a tripod or place the camera on a sturdy, level surface when you use this setting because it will use the longest shutterspeed the camera has (anywhere from 2-8 seconds, most likely). Use the camera's timer if it has one so you don't accidentally shake the camera by pushing the button.

And just for FYI, your pictures have a lot of noise in them. That's the red, green, and blue pixels that are really apparent on the house. That's normal for most digital cameras. Try using the free version of Neat Image to clean up the noise. You'll notice a big difference in the picture quality.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join