It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B2 Cockpit Panorama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I did a search (which brought up a lot of topics) but I don't think this has been posted here before.

www.airspacemag.com...

I thought the USAF was still keeping the cockpit secret but I guess they lifted it a while back.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That a nice link Ultron10. Thanks. Thats the first time I have ever seen the entire cockpit.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
nice link i really like the 360 degree view

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That picture is form the first block of operational B-2's not the later versions. But good view of the cockpit

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wow! What a view! It looks a lot less complicated than I ever thought. Its almost like a flight simulator at a video arcade. Truly the ultimate doomsday machine. I keep reading on how a B-2 was shot down over Yugoslavia during the air war. They got lucky with that F117 that went down but keeping a 2billion dollar machine crashing out of the news would be impossible. Im still sticking to my guns that a B-2 will never be shot down they are that good.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I don't think any B-2's got shot down either, and I think the B-2 will join the SR-71 as the only two jets never to have been shot down by hostile action

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What an excellent link. I was surprised to see that unlike its B- predecessors (B-17, B-24, etc) the section the crew occupies does not extend past the bombadiers plotting table. Again my friend, excellent link.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
That picture is form the first block of operational B-2's not the later versions. But good view of the cockpit

Not Really! What you are looking at is the cockpit of the Prototype. Most of the computers you see are part of the test equipment. The cockpits of the Combat-coded Block 30 aircraft are Top Secret.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
what kinda pilot would want to work in their.
so cluttered. I reckon the combat ones would be lets clutered , but more complex.

just my 1billions $$$

bye

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If you look back (away from the windscreen) then who's face is that by what I think is the door area? Also is that two sets of throttles (one to the left of the left hand seat and one set to the right of the central panel)? And what's with the second stick next to the right hand seat (in the right hand panel)?

A lot nicer than I imagined anyway!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I wondered about the image too. No idea who it is.

Didn't realise it was a prototype B-2. Oh well, I guess it can't be too different from the Block 30 builds though.

As for the cockpit being cluttered it's not that bad. Looks pretty neat and organised. Do you mean it's a bit cramped up front? Could be right but it's hard to tell from the picture.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infidellic
If you look back (away from the windscreen) then who's face is that by what I think is the door area? Also is that two sets of throttles (one to the left of the left hand seat and one set to the right of the central panel)? And what's with the second stick next to the right hand seat (in the right hand panel)?

A lot nicer than I imagined anyway!

I was just going to ask that question. Who's face is on the bulkhead?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think the photo is of Jack Northrop

Train

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ahh, yes that'd be him.

www.wmof.com...

Had a feeling it was someone important in flight history.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ghost

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Gah!! - I wanted to see that!

I clicked the link and it's not available any more... Guess I will have to google later when I'm not busy

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here is a bunch of links you may want to checkout
- www.aerospaceweb.org...
- images.google.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I don't think any B-2's got shot down either, and I think the B-2 will join the SR-71 as the only two jets never to have been shot down by hostile action

There must be dozens of jets which fall into this category, the Jaguar and Buccaneer for a start

new topics

top topics

join