It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on in this image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Credit goes out to contributer on www.nwsurc.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Wow a flying saucer!!! Where was that picture taken at and when??
Looks like it could be photoshoped!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Definately photochopped

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
How can anyone possibly say that its been photoshopped merely be looking at it?

I mean, its not obviously photoshopped. What supports yous guyses opinonz?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I dont really know, but who's ever it is has used a
photoshop "add noise" filter (uniform type) to it.

Im afraid it smells of cheese

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
How can anyone possibly say that its been photoshopped merely be looking at it?

I mean, its not obviously photoshopped. What supports yous guyses opinonz?

well the first thing that I notice is that the sky is dark towards the top of the picture and the top of the "ufo" is showing a reflection light / the bottom of the "ufo" is dark..

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
this the thing. I want to learn about photoshop detection.

(i myself use psp, i know i know...)

image information gives me nothing of worth.

Id just like to learn more about detection.

Mind you I never said this image was real or fake or whatnot, I just saw it on a page I frequent.

I know nothing about it.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
well the first thing that I notice is that the sky is dark towards the top of the picture and the top of the "ufo" is showing a reflection light / the bottom of the "ufo" is dark..

I don't buy that; it could very well be the moon reflecting off the top of the ufo, and the bottom is dark because of it's own shadow. Not saying the photo is genuine, but I don't think that particular aspect of lighting can be used to debunk it.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Zoom in by 5...then tell me if it's real.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
fill me in with the details. its fun to analyze, but how its done is another thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Actually looks like there might a string attached to the top of it that maybe someone tried to cover up. But then again you can little lines like that in other parts of the picture too. That line, if a string, is at the same angle that the ufo is at though, as if the object is being slightly swung to the right.

That's what I think.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yeah thats definately photoshopped you can tell just by looking at it

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Dulcimer, if your interested in photo analysis check these threads out.

Daylight Disc Part1
Daylight Disk Part2

jritzmann, does a good job explaining how photos are hoaxed.

Not saying this one is. Maybe he will look at it.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Adobe and duck appear in my Hex Editor, so this smells a little foul, but not as foul as Adobe Photoshop etc...

This pic probably did not see Photoshop or Paintshop Pro for that matter, I see no clear string, not even in a negative image, so either this image is super-imposed or thrown.

Ofcourse it can be very real...I can't proof either way.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
yeah viewing it in like notepad (i have no hex) i saw pretty much the same thing. there is no digital camera stamp or anything else.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I can tell ya it was not taken at night. After doing level adjusts, it's a daytime photo, possibly near dawn or dusk. The grain can be attributed to low light be it digital or print negative. It looks like it may have been pushed in development if it's negative print. Or, the grain is so consistent it could be an attempt to hide something.

Auto adjustment on levels shows the barn/house has a distinct light on it caused by the sun being over the right shoulder of the shooter, low on horizon.

The disc is blurred 20 or so percent more on the left side then the right. It's moving. Judge from the angle, and no more then we know, it's been thrown from a position on the ground to the left of the shooter, maybe 15 ft away or less. The angle is very telling (leading to the ground) along with the distortion of the symmetry on the left profile to the right. Very visible.

It really doesnt capture much more info then that. Based on...not much, I'd say it's a thrown object.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Closing. The poster has put up numerous threads of an anonymous photo and then invited analysis. Such pics can all be put on one ongoing thread.

top topics

join