It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S. Officials Deny Mad Cow Coverup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The USDA has denied that samples taken from two cows suspected of having Mad Cow disease in 1997 contained BSE or Mad Cow disease. The U.S. Department of Agriculture reported that tests done on both animals were negative but uncovered documents show that key areas of the cows brain needed for accurate results were never tested.

www.cbc.ca
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Agriculture admits there were problems with the samples taken from two cows in 1997, but insists the animals did not have bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), also known as mad cow disease.

The official tests were negative. But CBC news uncovered documents showing key areas of the cow's brain, in both cases, were never tested.

One of the USDA's top officials told CBC News that the U.S. testing program was never designed to catch every single case of mad cow disease. It was simply meant to measure how much disease there is.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If you read all the links for the news stories it all starts to fall into place that the U.S. policy is cover up rather then report. Their own retired official is quoted as saying that they covered up cases of mad cow and has testified to this in Canadian Parliament. After the fuss made by the Americans about Canadian beef seeing stories like this does come as a shock.

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca
story.news.ya hoo.com

[edit on 14-4-2005 by North Rider]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Bovine-CJD: might you already have it? ...
(Early warnings: insomnia, memory loss, depression, anxiety, withdrawal, fearfulness)
from Mad Cow . org

How many ATS posters suffer from any (ANY) of these symptoms?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The problem is that regulations in this country doesn't force the cattle industry to enforce testing of animals.

When a cow in the field falls down and die, nobody is ask to test the death animal to see how it dies.

That is the true, random testing is done on healthy animals not the ones that looks suspicious.

I am officially off the meat dependency for good.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Me too Marge, except for hot dogs, ham, pork, lamb, chicken, fish, hamburgers, fowl and beef stew I only eat non-meats

Those meat eaters are just asking to get sick. No more cat or dogs for me!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I agree with you
I am now on pork, chicken (for now) fish and the most cleaner meat of all lamb.

I guess I have to stop eating Vietnamese, can not trust the cat and dogs anymore.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Vietnamese AND Chinese on the dogs

Japanese on the Cats (yuck)

I guess people that eat soup made from bird spit (bird nest soup) will eat a lot of things I don't.

I remember having escargot once and thought they were good. A few days later I saw what they were before being cooked- pe--yuk

Like menudo- not for me. No one cleans things that good.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Let's think about this.

What is the historical pattern of industry and government?

The large economic concerns fund politicians election to office.
Politicians are either knowingly or in denial that they don't inevitably side with industry. The only time they pay attention to public health is after disaster has struck.

If it isn't a slab of obvious muscle tissue from an animal on a plate, i would not eat it.
Organs are out. Ground meat is out. Stewed meat is suspect. 'Animal byproducts' on the label is out.

Also animal products contain a high amount of fat.
If you are a neurotic eater as i often am, if you eat mostly vegetable material you can eat and munch more without consuming so many calories.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Would they cover it up? Without a doubt. Their #1 job is to protect the economy no matter how many people it harms.

JoeDoaks... dude that is funny. I'm looking at that and thinking.. OMG I have mad cow

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The only reason the United States has not seen large outbreaks is because the cattle population is not allowed to mature. Most cattle live on average five years, plus or minus a few, and then they are slaughtered. The few Mad Cow cases that we have seen are in dairy cattle. Dairy cattle live a long time, they are not slaughtered thus gives the disease time to manifest itself and reveal its symptoms. So basically cattle may be infected with Mad Cow Disease but we eat them before we find out. It’s scary!

[edit on 15-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That settle it for me- no more cows!

Cows are not on my menu.

Only beef and stuff like that

new topics

top topics

join