It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: New Twist in Wendy's Finger Fiasco

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The chili finger saga got a little murkier Wednesday. In one of the strangest twists yet, a Nevada woman said she thinks the partial finger found in a bowl of chili at a San Jose Wendy's three weeks ago is the same finger bitten off her hand by a pet spotted leopard on Feb. 23. The only problem is Sandy Allman doesn't know how the finger made it from Nevada to San Jose, her attorney said.

story.news.yahoo.com
A woman who lost part of her finger in a leopard attack believes it was her body part that allegedly showed up a month later in a bowl of fast-food chili in California.

A lawyer for Sandy Allman, 59, said she wants to participate in any DNA testing of the finger, which she said she last saw packed in ice in a Las Vegas emergency room. Doctors told her it could not be reattached, and she does not know what happened to it after that, lawyer Philip Sheldon said.

The hospital said it cannot account for the 3/4-inch fingertip, which Allman lost Feb. 23 in the attack at an exotic animal compound at her home in rural Pahrump, about 60 miles west of Las Vegas.

Las Vegas resident Anna Ayala claimed she found a 1 1/2-inch fingertip on March 22 while eating at a Wendy's in San Jose, Calif.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Since Court records show Ayala has a history of making claims against corporations, including a former employer, General Motors and a fast-food restaurant, I wonder if she found the finger and cut it off before inserting into the bowl of Chili at Wendy’s?

It does seem rather strange that once police started to question her she dropped her lawsuit, so it could be a possibility.

[edit on 4/14/2005 by shots]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
From reading the article, and the BTS Thread related to it, there doesn't seem to be any way this could be her finger. (For clarification, we are talking about two different women... the one who lost her finger in a leopard attack, and one who found a finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili. It is not like the person that found the finger now thinks it was a finger she lost!
).

The finger that was cut off was not as long as the finger found in the bowl of chili. Common sense and logic would dictate it is not the same finger, unless fingers grow when detached and submerged in Wendy's chili.

It seems this is just another person looking for some attention/money, so I don't think either of these women deserves our time.

edit: We need a pre-submit spelling/grammer check, as I can't seem to find my mistakes until after hitting submit, no matter how many times I read it back to myself.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by cohiba]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
you have to admit it is an amuseing way of acuseing a restraunt of useing impropper meat in their food.
cause for a finger to have been eaten by a member of the cat soecies, then ending up in a restraunt chili, is to say that wendys, ground up catmeat for their food.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The finger that was cut off was not as long as the finger found in the bowl of chili. Common sense and logic would dictate it is not the same finger, unless fingers grow when detached and submerged in Wendy's chili.

Since the finger was longer and the one that claimed she found it has a history of lawsuits, what makes you think she was not smart enough to cut it off?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The length of the finger in the chili has no relevance to the woman's claim it was in her chili. Wendy's has acknowledged the incident.

The length of the finger indicates that the second woman now coming forward did not originally posess the finger in the chili.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't care if a whole dead baby was found in the chili, I still love Wendy's...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I wonder if there is any remote connection between the woman who found the partial finger and the woman who lost her finger. For example, does the woman who found the finger volunteer at the hospital that treated the woman who lost her finger? Maybe she stole it from the hospital and popped it in her chilli to get some extra cash!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
mmmm Wendys'...

Double w/ cheese / plain
biggie fry
coke

mmmmm mmmmm good.

Seriously, I hate these types of stories... ya just never know who's telling the truth...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

mmmm Wendys'...

Double w/ cheese / plain
biggie fry
coke

mmmmm mmmmm good.

And they're serving Ladyfingers now apparently.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My husband believe that its was probably a scam and that the lady that found the finger knew somebody that works on a morgue and that is how it got the finger to scam Wendy's.

Lots of bodies are never identified so nobody will be looking for one missing a finder if is doesn't have a family to claim it.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Boy this case has more twists then Carter has liver pills. When the police searched the home, they claimed Police Brutality.

text taken from under pictures

The widely publicized case involving a finger allegedly found in a bowl of Wendy's chili takes a bizarre turn, as police search the victim's home and her daughter claims cops roughed her up and pointed a gun at her mother.

But in a strange twist in an already strange case, the spotlight is now on police and how they handled the search.

The daughter of alleged foul-food victim, Anna Ayala, claimed police used excessive force on her during the search.

Genesis Ayala claimed police first confronted her mother. "(A) gun (was) pointed to her head and (they) pushed the door open," Genesis Ayala said.

And once inside, Genesis Ayala and a border at her house said police apparently roamed from room to room, trashing the place.

But Genesis Ayala said there was no need for police to allegedly rough her up in the search process. "They twisted this," Ayala said, talking about her shoulder. "I ripped a tendon."

Anna Ayala was not willing to talk on camera, but she told KVBC she has hired a lawyer and plans to fight back.

She better hope that she can prove her case, if not she may stand to loose money to Wendy's if they can prove she planed this as a scam. Several resturants are no reporting low sales.

If this is a scam she deserves everything she gets

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
What about a finger print. Maybe it belongs to someone who works at a processing plant and maybe they are wanted and are afraid to come forward.

Maybe it's Jimmy Hoffa's finger?

Has the sex of the finger been identified? You know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I saw the interview of the police mishandling, it seems that the daughter was the one that got mistreated by the police.

I think perhaps a law sue will come from the injuries to the daughter.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom
What about a finger print. Maybe it belongs to someone who works at a processing plant and maybe they are wanted and are afraid to come forward.

according to Wendy's all their suppliers claim to have all their fingers intact.

Given the past history of the accuser with lawsuits, I tend to think it was all part of a planned scam.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Will FingerGate ever be solved?

This is a case of truth is way stranger then fiction, I mean you couldnt make this crap up.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Will FingerGate ever be solved?

Nah I just found a
in my

Dials............ Hormel and demands refund.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just for the record, I firmly KNOW that a finger tip could end up in wendys chili.
mind you... this situation all happened over 2 years ago, but it happened to me as well. In my situation, I reported it to the manager, who insisted it was okra. HA
ALL my coworkers were convinced (and grossed out) that it looked just like a finger tip (finger print and everything)...
(since i had already eaten half the cup...I REALLY wanted to believe it was JUST okra also).
When I went back to the store, and brought the cup and suspect piece of skin.
The manager looked at me like I was crazy, and then proceeded to argue with me that it was just a piece of okra (which is not and never has been, an ingredient in their Chili)
... I finally grabbed my cup and took it with me (the manager tried to grab it) and went back to my office. I tried to laugh about it with coworkers who were saying "well, maybe they will believe you when an employee notices he is missing a digit." but it really wasn't that funny...I kept the finger tip for about 6 months in a baggy and would show it to my customers, along with the story of how it was found. (made a great conversation starter)

When i heard about the other finger being found, I figured I was now owed an apology...
I asked for one three times thru various means of reaching corporate... each time i was told that someone would call me (they didn't)...
... On my final report ( a very angry one) I finally recieved a call back, and a refusal of apology... since according to them, it had never happened, and further more... they didn't have a record of me reporting it the first two times.

I told them i wasn't looking for money or fame, just a simple apology and acknowledgement that my incident MIGHT have involved a finger (I was aware that an apology would be a touchy legal subject), and that they would try to improve there food source... but that was WAY to much to ask from my once favorite restaurant.

At this point... I give up on trying to get an apology... I will just relate my tale to whoever will listen, and the more people that hear it, the more people will stop eating wendys chili.
(BUT dammit, they do have the best burgers though)

so I beleive it happened... she may just be a unique individual who would actually go thru all the BS to try to report it and win a case...(she obviously did with other situations)
I didn't want to deal with it and I really didn't want to know... and yes, I nearly gagged when my worst fears were confirmed by the recent report.

I am nothing special though... so i have a feeling that this happens more often than we think, and only certain types of people bother with complaining...
(afterall, how many times have you spilt HOT mcdonalds coffee on yourself and NOT sued) or found a suspect bug, or object in a salad?
sh*t happens...
It hasn't stopped me from eating chili, just wendys Chili (which is the best, I just can't give up on my principles)

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Just for the record, I firmly KNOW that a finger tip could end up in wendys chili.
mind you... this situation all happened over 2 years ago, but it happened to me as well.

I think I may know what happened to Jimmy Hoffa! Wendy's must be owned by the mafia! We've been systematically eating him piece by piece. Ewwww, I've eaten Wendy's chili before, I always thought it was odd that a fast food place sold chili, what a perfect way to dispose of bodies, with chili it's always a crap shoot what you'll get.

[edit on 15-4-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
LazarusTheLong: Let me find one, I WILL get paid. Forget telling the manager and thats it. If I was to every find something like that I make sure to take a little bite,(for damages). Say Im wrong for this, screw them there shouldnt be fingers or anything else in my food.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I can totally understand people who would sue over this...
but I hope you all can understand my situation...
the finger looked like a piece from about half way up the nail bed diagonally to almost the bottom of the top digit. So it was not like "pointing at me" or anything...it was a solid chunk
And the shape combined with the torn nail bed, made it look suspicious, but not for sure. Until you look at the texture of the finger print... it was ambigious otherwise... I did not want to admit that I had possible eaten strange human flesh... a buddy, a girlfiend... no biggie but a stranger...yuck....j/k
But i didn't know this finger...I had never met this finger...I didn't even know if this finger was male or female (although from the size, I would guess female)

Remember... I am just like everyone else...I have a real life and and a real job and real problems like the next guy...
I didn't want my life to change overnight, due to someone else not keeping an eye on where they left their damn body parts...
... but i really did want an apology...(and preferably an ambigious one) I still don't want someone to confirm that I ate human flesh... there is nothing i could do about it now, except get grossed out...

But I really wanted to respect Wendys enough to still eat there... and now I can't, due to the recent events...and how they treated me when I asked for an apology
I would love nothing more than to have someone prove this lady a fake... then i could go back to my comfortable delusion of it being OKRA... which of course isn't supposed to be in their chili either...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join