It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ! Daylight UFO caught on live TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hello to all.....bear with me on this one.

My name is Paul, first ever post on ABS, I have enjoyed this superb site for some time now, and have been prompted to join to hopefully get some expert opinion on this.

Here is what happened, here in the UK on each saturday evening we have our live national lottery draw, at the moment within the draw we have a thing called Jet Set where contestents get the chance to win worldwide trips etc etc, this saturday past Sat 9th April 05, the current winners were in New Zealand, and the show goes out live in the UK and on a live link to where ever the winning contestents are.

So this sighting ( UK time 19.40 ) was live from New Zealand, and happened over Auckland harbour, with blue skys odd clouds and the Skytower ( massive ariel viewing platform ) as a backdrop.

Now this was broadcast by the BBC, hence this has been recorded by the BBC on professional broadcast quality film, although as far as I know, no one else has picked up on this.

Right, at home here we have SKY+, which allows you to rewind live TV, which was very handy in this instence, as myself and girlfriend sat watching the live draw and link to Auckland, by pure chance as this went on something caught my eye, and I said to my girlfriend did you see that, answer no.So then several viewings of the rewind commence and my girlfriend is flabbergasted, myself thinking of every rational explanation for what we are seeing and coming up blank.

I have watched this sequence 50 times plus, the broadcast cuts from from UK studio to outside broadcast in Auckland and the clip we have shows something for seven seconds, as you go to the live Auckland shot, the camera man has the two winning guys to the forefront, against daytime blue sky and the sky tower to the left as a focal point, after one second a white object just ' appears' ? in my opinion definately not close to the camera, it appears in the sky to the right of the skytower and to the left of the contestents head in the foreshot, it then sweeps round in an upward 'arc' having gone lower left to upper right' and behind the contestents head in the foreshot, dissappears for 1 second, reappears but now travels in the opposite direction of upper right screen shot to sweep from upper right going lower left, and at this exact point purley coincidence I am sure the live outside broadcast cuts back to the UK studio.

This was recorded during the live broadcast on our SKY hard drive, so we have the origenal recording, which we transferred to video, then my girlfriend has recorded the clip on to digital camera from video, ( excuse us both as we are not ' techno geeks !) and as I am typing it has just occured to me it might be better to try recording onto digi camera the clip saved on the sky hard drive for better quality, going to try that now.
Ok, an hour later, I have five clips each about seven seconds, question is how the hell do I link the clips each sitting now on my desktop for you guys to view here ? afraid I need you to talk me through exactly how to do it.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Most likely, you can e-mail them to someone here who will then host them for you. Be sure to know the filesize of each clip. I have no doubt you'll soon receive some replies or U2Us with where you can send the clips to...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hi again, if someone from the board can let me know where to email, that would be great.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Or you an open a free account with a website that hosts pics and videos, and upload them yourself. www.yousendit.com seems to be a popular one. Once they're online, just post the url in a message here.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hi lateral thinker, nice catch, I think i watched that program too, but only had it on in the background, id be very interested if you could post it.
Hmm, basically you need to upload it onto a webspace for everyone to access, erm more techy people will know exact details as I myself don't. I know some people here have webspace, hopefully someone will come along and offer to host vid if u email it to him.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Excellent suggestion MyThatsabigprobe!

www.yousendit.com...

Very simple...and a member here can pull it somewhere else before the seven days is up...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thank you. You may also express your gratitude with applause.

edit/ lateral thinker, just enter your own email address as the recipient and it will mail you the links you need to paste here.

edit/ ercipient??

[edit on 4/14/2005 by mythatsabigprobe]

[edit on 4/14/2005 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hehe... I wish I could applaud for such suggestions, but if I did, I'd get smacked by powers higher than I...been there/done that before, hehe...sorry.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
s5.yousendit.com...

hi all, genuine thankyou for all advice and help.

Please appriciate, on the origenal good quality recording, this was 'visually impressive' on viewing the raw footage, ie, casually watching tv, ufo ' appears' as if from no where, arcs across screen left to right, then starts back from what visually appears ' still' going back on its own route.

Having now been able to view this frame by frame, in ultra slow mo, whatever this is does not just 'ping' onto screen, it appears from behind / under cloud and using ultra slow mo rather than as visually initially appearing to 'ping across' & back on same line it seems to be stretched figure of eight, in slow mo.

Please forgive me as I am pretty sure all will now conclude ' bird' ?, but even so I hope you will forgive my initial euphoria !

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Very interesting...my guess is that if it could possibly be a military jet of some kind. The manuever (sp?) it performs at the end of the clip doesn't seem too far out of the realm of possibility for something like an F-16. The glow to it could just be the sun. There, that's my attempt at debunking. Regardless of whether it's a plane or not it's still a great post--definitely food for thought (for me at least).

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
That's one damn fast bird.

Does the 'ufo' look like it dances about when it's to the right of the presenters head in a similar fashion to some old footage by a Mr Adamski?

Looks to me like it appears in 3 or 4 random places over the course of a few frames before settling down and looping back.

I'm sure one of Adamski's films shows a similar style of movement of a UFO.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I noticed the same thing. At first I thought it might have been inside the lower cloud.

Was this film definitely shot outdoors? I'm wondering if it was one of those fake backgrounds because it looks a lot like a reflection from a watch or something else shiny.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hi again, and many thanks for your replies thus far.

It is so frustrating that I cannot get this clip to reproduce as it is seen in 'live form', I can confirm 100% this is taken on a live outside broadcast, there is no studio, it is a million % genuine outside backdrop, if it warrants it I would be happy to get an actual physical tape mailed out to anyone who could take this further.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
VERY interesting video, definitly not a fighter jet or a bird...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm curious Ground_Zero, why not a fighter? I'd like to hear your reasoning for that--not that I'm saying it is or not a fighter, just would like a rationalization.

top topics

join