It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God-Evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Did God create life to evolve?

I dont know about you but i never really believed in the whole 'god made us out of dust' story. I also dont believe that we simply evolved without a 'supreme being' to start the process. What i think happened was that God had created life to evolve.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him" (Genesis 1:26,27) The way i see it, we have yet to evolve into his likeness. We are still in our beginning stages but are slowly progressing towards the final stage.
I ask all of you to share your opinion on this.

This may help: www.kiva.net...

www.kiva.net...

www.kiva.net...

www.kiva.net...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
First off, to be fair, i am a christian and that certainely has an effect on my world view. I believe in creationism and do not believe it is in contradiction with science. As to the humaans created by God out of dust, it is interesting to note that all things found inside of us can be found in a handfull of dirt. Whether or not you believe in God, i believe the evidence for design in the universe is overwhelming. In my opinion the real debate has moved to who is the designer rather than is there one.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You know, it is often forgotten by everyone, that the issue shouldn't start out..."evolution vrs. creationism".

Tackle first the credibility of the bible and also the indications that evolution occurs. Do viruses evolve? Yes, we know this. Can a man walk on water? No.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
You know, it is often forgotten by everyone, that the issue shouldn't start out..."evolution vrs. creationism".

I actually agree with you 100%. Who are we as humans to put restrictions on the ways God can work? However...

Tackle first the credibility of the bible
That has yet to be tackled.

and also the indications that evolution occurs. Do viruses evolve? Yes, we know this.
True, but that would be considered micro evolution. For that matter, have we even been able to classify viruses as living things yet? Last I checked the boat was still out on that.

Can a man walk on water? No.
Hence the term miracle

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Tackle first the credibility of the bible and also the indications that evolution occurs. Do viruses evolve? Yes, we know this. Can a man walk on water? No.

Ok Seapeople that may be true..but which theory do you believe in?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
i personally believe is described in the first pages of Genesis, but till today i havent found anyone who would agree...lol

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stalemate

Ok Seapeople that may be true..but which theory do you believe in?

Seapeople's opinion of Christians is...Well, not very flattering. I guess (s)he respects the 1% (or was it .1%?) of us who aren't "sheeple". You know, who don't believe because we're told to believe but rather we believe what we've researched and discovered. However, it is imposible to make him/her believe you to be a non-sheeple. So (s)he believes in evolution without any supreme being involved, from what I've been able to gather from previous posts. Correct me if I'm wrong, Seapeople.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stalemate
Did God create life to evolve?

I believe that God created each kind of plant an animal and that each reproduces after their kind. Sufficent genetic information was included within each kind to allow for adaptation to diverse conditions. Evolution would require millions of years and death and suffering prior to the fall.

Steve

top topics

join