It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Case for Roswell: Part III (Section D)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
THE CASE FOR ROSWELL PART III

The Timeline of Events
Section D

Part I can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part II can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part III, Section A can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part III, Section B can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part III, Section C can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again, fair warning that this is going to be a long read…but I wanted to be very thorough. I’d highly recommend reading the first parts before going on, as there is no recapping here…
This next to last section of Part III starts with the day before the story is released to the press, and then Section E continues with the hectic day of the press release and the now infamous headlines, and then the cover story. Part IV (hopefully this won’t be more than one thread) will then deal with the immediate aftermath of the event, as well as aftermath throughout the years.

Monday, July 7,1947

(Most timeline information is from the generally accepted timeline stated by NICAP, followed then by supporting data from various and checked sources. Events not supported by good evidence or testimony are omitted from my timeline. Special thanks to the work of David Rudiak, so often cited throughout)

At 2:00A.M. a special flight leaves for Andrews AAF in Washington, D.C. containing some of the debris.

Meanwhile, in Fort Worth, Col. Thomas Dubose, Gen. Ramey's Chief of Staff, said he was notified of the find by Gen. Clemence McMullen in Washington, acting head of the Strategic Air Command. Dubose said McMullen ordered him to fly some debris samples immediately to Washington by "colonel courier." (This debris was possibly samples that Brazel had brought with him to Roswell when he reported his discovery.) McMullen instructed Dubose that everything was to be carried out in the strictest secrecy.

www.roswellproof.com...

Col. Thomas Dubose

Supported by Dubose’s affidavit here:

(5) In early July, I received a phone call from Maj. Gen. Clements McMullen, Deputy Commander, Strategic Air Command. He asked what we knew about the object which had been recovered outside Roswell, New Mexico, as reported in the press. I called Col. William Blanchard, Commander of the Roswell Army Air Field and directed him to send the material in a sealed container to me at Fort Worth. I so informed Maj. Gen. McMullen.

(6) After the plane from Roswell arrived with the material, I asked the Base Commander, Col. Al Clark, to take possession of the material and to personally transport it in a B-26 to Maj. Gen. McMullen in Washington, D.C. I notified Maj. Gen. McMullen, and he told me he would send the material by personal courier on his plane to Benjamin Chidlaw, Commanding General of the Air Material Command at Wright Field [later Wright Patterson AFB]. The entire operation was conducted under the strictest secrecy.

In interviews, Dubose has described the events.

(Dubose also added that he was handling the situation because Ramey was away from the base at the time. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram and Ramey's home-town newspaper, the Denton (TX) Record-Chronicle, documents that he was at an airshow in Denton all day on Sunday, July 6.)

Dubose said he met the flight from Roswell early that night. The debris was in a sealed, opaque bag attached to the courier's wrist. The bag of debris was transferred to another plane and to the Fort Worth AAF commanding officer, Col. Alvin Clark, who acted as the new courier. This flight then headed to Washington.

Dubose added that McMullen later told him that the debris was then forwarded to Wright Field, Ohio, on McMullen's personal plane. Wright Field was the home of the AAF's aeronautical labs, which would have been a suitable place to have the debris analyzed. Dubose said he was also told the matter went straight to the White House.

This further is corroborated by the memo in Ramey’s hands in the photos the next day…

This earlier shipment of wreckage to Fort Worth spoken of by Dubose may be alluded to in the Ramey memo when it mentions "...THE WRECK YOU FORWARDED TO ... FORT WORTH, TEX."

By the way, if I haven’t listed it already, here’s an excellent link to the deciphering of the memo…
www.roswellproof.com...

After spending the night at the ranch house, Brazel and the two military officers (Marcel and Cavitt) go out to the crash site. It is three-quarters of a mile long and two to three hundred feet wide. A gouge starting at the northern end of it extends for four or five hundred feet toward the other end. It looks as if something has touched down and skipped along. The largest piece of debris is recovered at the southern edge of the gouge. Testimony from interviews and affidavits of Marcel and Brazel, as well as a ranch-hand, Tommy Tyree, all corroborate the size of the debris field. Even Bessie Brazel, the skeptics’ star witness, corroborates the size of the debris field in her testimony. I’ll include some of these just as examples.

"He [Brazel] took us to that place, and we started picking up fragments, which was foreign to me. I'd never seen anything like that. I didn't know what we were picking up. I still don't know. As of this day, I still don't know what it was. And I brought as much of it back to the base as I could and -- Well, some ingenious young GI thought he'd try to match a few pieces together and see if he could match something. I don't think he ever matched two pieces. It was so fragmented. It was strewn over a wide area, I guess maybe three-quarters of a mile long and a few hundred feet wide. So we loaded it up and we came back to the base." – Major Jesse Marcel, 1979 Bob Pratt interview

They came out on the side of a hill. In front of them was a shallow, narrow valley with a rounded, rocky area at one end. The other end opened gradually until it was nothing more than a pasture sloping down into another, bigger valley. "The gouge started up there and moved down in that direction," said Brazel. He described the gouge as running from the northwest to the southeast. It looked as if the thing had hit and bounced, scattering debris in the field. The gouge wasn't very deep but was about ten feet wide in places. The whole thing was about five hundred feet long. – Bill Brazel Jr., interviews with Randle and Schmidt.

Here is where most timelines go into the debris. This is largely covered in Part II of this posting series, so I’d refer the reader to that section for more detail on it.

Marcel and Cavitt walk the perimeter of the field and then range out looking for more details or another crash site, but find nothing else. Finally they return and spend the remainder of the day collecting debris. Cavitt returns to the base first in a Jeep carry-all with some of the debris. Marcel followed towards the end of the day, in a Buick staff car. He stops home first, and shows his son (now Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr.) and his wife some of the debris. (Jesse Jr.’s testimony is in Part II). Though this is about 2am of July 8th when he stops by the house, it made more sense to include it on Monday’s timeline. Tuesday’s timeline will begin with the 6am meeting with Blanchard. Since nothing is classified at this point, this is not a security violation on Marcel’s part.

Lieutenant General Nathan E Twining, the commander of the Air Materiel Command, the parent organization at Wright Field, Ohio, and the next higher headquarters for both the Alamogordo Army Air Field and the Kirtland Army Air Field, (allegedly) changes his plans and flies into Alamogordo. In my research, it appears that this wasn’t a change of plans, but that he went there to attend a Bomb Commander’s Course, and had submitted such a request about a month earlier. Of course, this could be planted, but the important factor for me was that both believers and skeptics agree that Twining was flying into Alamogordo on this date. Those who’ve read Corso’s “Day After Roswell”, will quickly pick up on the importance of Twining’s involvement here.

Intrigued by the story Frank Joyce (of the local radio station) has told him about the telephone interview he'd conducted with Brazel (when Brazel got to the Sherrif’s office Sunday), Walt Whitmore, Sr., wants to learn more. Whitmore, who knows many of the ranchers and is familiar with the area, drives out to find Brazel. Brazel, now in the company of Walt Whitmore, Sr., has been asked to stay the night in Roswell.

Frank Joyce

Sometime on Monday, July 7, 1947, William Ware "Mack" Brazel was picked up at his ranch and whisked back to Roswell for an exclusive interview at KGFL.

George "Jud" Roberts, minority owner of the station, later said, "They hid him out at Whit's [Walt Whitmore Sr.'s] house. Kept him there overnight." The KGFL staff made a wire recording of their Q&A with the rancher, but because KGFL had already signed off for the day they planned to break the full story the next morning.

www.scifi.com...

John McBoyle, a reporter for radio station KSWS in Roswell, tries to reach the crash site. He phones to report an object looking like a crushed dishpan. He tells Lydia Sleppy, who works at the parent station in Albuquerque, to hang on. She overhears an argument and then McBoyle tells her to forget it, he has made a mistake. McBoyle is about forty miles north of Roswell. Sleppy tries to put a message out on the Teletype. According to Sleppy, the message is intercepted by the FBI in Dallas and she is ordered not to complete the transmission. The following is Sleppy’s affidavit. roswellproof.homestead.com...

1) My name is Lydia A Sleppy

(2) My address is: XXXXXXXXXX

(3) I am employed as: _________________________________
(X)I am retired: 9/30/77 from State of California, Dept. Parks & Recreation

(4) In 1947, worked at KOAT Radio in Albuquerque, New Mexico. My duties included operating the station's teletype machine, which received news and allowed us to send stories to the ABC and Mutual networks, with which KOAT was affiliated.

(5) In early July 1947, I received a call from John McBoyle, general manager and part-owner of KSWS Radio in Roswell, New Mexico, which was associated with KOAT. I do not remember the exact date, but it definitely was a weekday (I never worked weekends) and almost certainly after the Fourth of July. The call came in before noon. (from all sources, this is July 7, 1947)

(6) McBoyle said he had something hot for the network. I asked Karl Lambertz, our program director and acting manager (KOAT owner and manager Merle Tucker was out of town), to be present in my office while I took the story from McBoyle and put it on the teletype. Using the teletype, I alerted ABC News headquarters in Hollywood to expect an important story, and Mr. Lambertz stood behind me while I typed.

(7) To the best of my recollection, McBoyle said, "There's been one of these flying saucer things crash down here north of Roswell." He said he had been in a coffee shop on his morning break when a local rancher, "Mac" Brazel, came in and said he had discovered the object some time ago while he was out riding on the range, and that he had towed it in and stored it underneath a shelter on his property. Brazel offered to take McBoyle to the ranch to see the object. McBoyle described it as "a big crumpled dishpan."

(8) As I typed McBoyle's story, a bell rang on the teletype, indicating an interruption. The machine then printed a message something to this effect: "THIS IS THE FBI. YOU WILL IMMEDIATELY CEASE ALL COMMUNICATION." Whatever the precise words were, I definitely remember the message was from the FBI and that it directed me to stop transmitting. I told McBoyle the teletype had been cut off and took the rest of his story in shorthand, but we never put it on the wire because we had been scooped by the papers.

(9) I never again discussed the matter with McBoyle, but the next day, he told Mr. Lambertz the military had isolated the area where the saucer was found and was keeping the press out. He told Lambertz he saw planes come in from Wright Field, Ohio, to take the thing away. He also said they claimed they were going to take it to one place, but the planes went to another. Either they were supposed to have gone to Texas but went to Wright Field or vice versa.

(10) I have not been paid or given anything of value to make this statement, and it is the truth to the best of my recollection.

Signed: Lydia A. Sleppy
Date: 9-14-93

Signature witnessed by:
Ada A Somers

The next day is the day that everything breaks. The Press Release from the base is sent to the papers, and all hell breaks loose.

(To Be Continued)

Part III, Section E can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Nice work. On the edge of my seat, waiting for the next one.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If all goes well, may even have up the last section tomorrow. It was just too long to be one section. Section E (the last of Part III) is about 9 pages in Word, and that's with a font of 10. (and not even counting pictures)

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
the longer, the better in my opinion.
when it comes to stuff like this, you'll never get a "TLDR" out of me!

thanks, gaz.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Gaz, awesome work! The topic just keeps getting better. However, it's like watching 24. Just when the action heats up.....

Cha Chink, Cha Chink, Cha Chink....... tune in next week.....

Just keep it coming!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Should mention, last section of part III should be up tomorrow, the last "part", part IV, should just be one thread, and will show how the story was rediscovered, as well as new witnesses (well, newer, not mentioned in many books) who've come forward, and on such things as what happened to the debris, etc.

top topics

join