It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naval clash looms with China!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I thought I read somewhere that Japan has like the worlds 4th largest Navy, mostly a defensive type fleet built to US specs for defense of the island?

Now this could get interesting, Japan takes on China over oil.

We all know how China is expanding by leaps and bounds, imposing her might all over Asia and the world, but sit back and think about this for a minute.

Japan has been silent since WWII, she has been building up her military across the board for 60 years and with the Chinese riots last week over WWII war crimes by Japan, these two countries could battle over natural resources, mostly because of China's expansion and Japan trying to keep what it has. I guess if Japan was going to take on China, it should happen before gets to much stronger.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Defence analysts believe that by giving Japanese companies the right to send in drilling ships, the chances of a clash possibly involving naval patrol boats, are now much higher

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I do not think Japan can get involved in a major conflict with China without support from other countries. They may have a good navy, but the Chinese are ready for them. Just think of all the crap we have seen China doing to demonstrate it's readiness to fight Taiwan.

It looks like a major conflict in the area will probably happen soon. It is hard to imagine China, Taiwan, and Japan all coming to a consensus on who has rights to what in that part of the world. Let us now forget, that China seems to have the support of Russia now as well.

If something goes down, it is highly probable that it would envolve a lot of countries other than China, Japan, Taiwan. The U.S. would get involved (of course), as would Russia if the relationship we have seen developing remains strong. When the major power holders get in conflict, all the other countries are going to start picking sides. All parties must be very careful and thoughtful in how they approach this situation, because it could easily get out of control. (Maybe not WW3, but definitely not good).

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Bad for business. if both of these countries sat down together and jointly sought out oil and other energies they could have more bargaining power.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I do not think Japan can get involved in a major conflict with China without support from other countries.

The US????????

top topics

join