It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help I'd like to report a hijacking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The Christian Right has taken over the Republican party. I'm not sure how they did it but they have. Kansas passed an anti gay ammendment to it's constitution, not just a law...a law can be changed when cooler and wiser heads prevail but an amendment, hell they could have just carved that in stone ....This was sponsered by Republicans, the same party of Lincoln and Reagen, the party of the civil right act and the emanipation proclamation.
For me the final friggin straw was Terry Schaivo.....and the willingness to overstep rule of law, and don't even get me started on Tom Delay.

Ok so what does a guy who is pro guns AND pro choice do???

The Democrats ....no friggin thanks.

I don't want to be a political hostage of the Christian Right anymore..is there a product called "Zealot B Gone"

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Any general purpose spray that removes 99% of all known politicians would be of more help

They'll pander to the religious zealots for votes and campaign funds (I'm sure all funds are accounted for and it's all obove board) whilst ignoring the actual majority of people they are supposed to represent.
That's the problem with allowing lobbyists and donations, it takes away any impartiality and makes makes the politicians no better than cheap hookers, selling themselves to the highets bidder.

Of course, the laws they enact are there for the little people (us, the people) and not for those that write them or vote to enact them.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollyon
~snip

Ok so what does a guy who is pro guns AND pro choice do???

Let me know if you find out.

The Democrats ....no friggin thanks.

Amen brother! err, I mean...

I don't want to be a political hostage of the Christian Right anymore..is there a product called "Zealot B Gone"

Mace or pepper spray perhaps....

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
what are the spacifics of the amendment? can you provide a link to it?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think s/he means on gay marriage. Found this, not sure if it's what was being discussed.

Kansas bans gay marriage

EDIT: It's not the first state if so I'm pretty sure it mentions Kansas as the 18th or 19th state to go with this one way or another.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by silentlonewolf]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
the denial of rights to any citizen simply because you don't like their lifestyle and some moldy old book says its bad is ridiculous...Connetticut did a better job while defining marrige as one man one woman they codified civil unions as a measure of legal relief.

The Kansas amendment also bans civil unions and the Kansas bored (diliberate spelling) is having an inquery as to the teaching of evolution?

Originally posted by silentlonewolf
I think s/he means on gay marriage. Found this, not sure if it's what was being discussed.

Kansas bans gay marriage

EDIT: It's not the first state if so I'm pretty sure it mentions Kansas as the 18th or 19th state to go with this one way or another.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by silentlonewolf]

new topics

top topics

join