It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.N. Weapon Inspector Took Payments; TX Business Owner Faces 3 Related Felonies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
A Grand Jury has indictment several people in a scandel that reaches many levels throughout the world. This scandel involves getting millions of dollars pumped into the former Saddam government. This program was designed to help the Iraqi people, but instead because a source of funding for Iraqi oppression.

www.foxnews.com
A Texas businessman is one of three people who were being indicted Thursday as part of the U.N.'s Oil-for-Food (search) program, FOX News has confirmed.

David Chalmers (search), head of Texas-based Bayoil (search), which participated in oil deals through the program, is the American who will be indicted. A Bulgarian and a British citizen also will be slapped with charges involving an alleged scheme to pay millions of dollars in secret kickbacks to Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq as part of Oil-for-Food program, federal prosecutors said Thursday.

U.S. Attorney David N. Kelley scheduled a 10:30 a.m. EDT news conference Thursday with an FBI official to announce the unsealing of the indictment, which his office said also named two companies operated by the formally unidentified Texan.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a very high-level, high impact conspiracy. This indictment will cause many ripples throughout the world. From individuals, to businesses and governments, to the United Nations, everyone is pointing fingers. Many people took advantage of a situation caused by possible inadequate U.N. control, thereby allowing Saddam Hussein and his oppression to thrive, while also making themselves a profit.

Related News Links:
news.ft.com
www.bloomberg.com
abclocal.go.com
www.wjla.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Oil for food: US knew.
United Nations' oil-for-food program

[edit on 14-4-2005 by cohiba]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Just a little follow-up from after the press conference:

The Texas businessman has been confirmed to be David Chalmers, head of the Texas-based company Bayoil.

Chalmers is accused of wire fraud, conducting financial transactions with a state sponsor of terrorism and and breaking the economic embargo with Iraq.

He was arrested and will appear in court to answer to three felony charges. A couple of associates also face charges. We should follow this closely. I am going to try to find more information about all the connections here.

It looks like a head U.N. Weapons Inspector (Scott Ritter) was paid off by an Iraqi businessman, funded by the Iraqi government throgh "oil allocations." The Iraqi businessman (living in Detroit, MI, USA) then sold his "allocations" to an Italian company, which is turn sold the oil to Bayoil, which is where David Chalmers comes into the picture. He intended to buy the oil (originally from Iraq, which is illegal) and in turn sell it for profit through Bayoil or a subsidary company. I'm still trying to figure all of this out, so please feel free to add any clarification or corrections.

Article Explaining link between Saddam, Scott Ritter, David Chalmers, etc.

Quite a mess, overall. This will expose much of the Iraqi corruption and how other people helped make the former Iraqi government a profitable, oppressive government.

edit: added link to explanation article

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Good find by the way

More behind the scenes on Iraq than any of us imagine.

One of the links leads around to facist america- I think that's bunk.

On Chalmers and Bayoil- so what? He's a businessman with no scrupples and got caught. The real story is all those that didn't get caught.

Here's some more:

source Global Policy Forum
Nice flow chart

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That flow chart is an awesome graphical depiction! Great link!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thanks (blush) I came across it and 'pow' this is good!

This story (you posted) is sad because it just adds fuel to the fires. All the democracy for Iraq stuff died long ago I know, but these crooks affect every American.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the "democracy for Iraq stuff" dying, but it adds even more overwhelming evidence that the UN opposed the war in Iraq not for reasons of justice, humanitarianism, or anything the UN is supposed to stand for-it opposed it out of pure, personal *greed*.

I was wondering where the American kickbacks were-EU members and the Russians all got their kickbacks and voted against the war, I knew some of our guys had to have gotten paid. The UN and EU are angry not just because we went to war and spoiled their little con game, but that we had guys who took the cash and didn't play the game.

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Thanks (blush) I came across it and 'pow' this is good!

This story (you posted) is sad because it just adds fuel to the fires. All the democracy for Iraq stuff died long ago I know, but these crooks affect every American.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
where's the best part? the headline here promised me a link to information regarding UN weapons inspectors getting paid off. Did I miss that in the main article and the rest of the links under it?

The oil scams are easy to find info on nowadays, but some hard evidence showing the "no WMD's here" guys were bribed as well, now that'd be a hoot.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What a fool...
didn't he read the manuals? CASH ONLY ya ditz!...
his crime wasn't doing what he was doing (ohhhh i wish it was, there would be a long line of people from many countries getting spanked also)
but he got caught...

what an amatuer... he should have taken some lessons from his local officials, lobbiests or politicians... kick backs are a basic 101 class...

I hope this turns the light on the other thousands who did the same thing...
but they all graduated, so probably not...

top topics

join