It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the degree rituals do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have read soo many degrees of rituals but could anyone tell me how many degress of rituals are there and are all the important leaders members of secret societies?And do reptilians control these societies?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
I have read soo many degrees of rituals but could anyone tell me how many degress of rituals are there and are all the important leaders members of secret societies?And do reptilians control these societies?

There are 3 rituals for regular masonry. After you take your 3rd degree, you have the option of attending any number of APPENDANT masonic bodies, which have anywhere from 10, 33, to 97 degrees. There's MANY appendant bodies, the most popular have the number of degrees i mentioned above.

And NO, all the "important leaders" are not members of secret societies. And NO, reptilians do not control these societies. Sigh... they don't even exist. Those are both silly questions, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911

What do the degree rituals mean?

Primarily the degree rituals are intended to create a bond between members. The secret modes of recognition and obligations reinforce these ties. Secondly the aims and teachings of the order are related to the candidate during the ceremonies, ritualisticaly to make more of an impression. In secular secret societies like the freemasons these teachings are of a moral and humanitarian nature.

In mystical orders like the Golden Dawn the teachings are exclusively mystical and theosophical. The rituals of such organisations recognise a spiritual and mental state that the candidate had already reached. The officers of the lodge in such orders symbolically personify abstract cosmic forces. This contrasts with the freemasons where the officers are simply functionaries but some of them also have ritual duties too.

I have read soo many degrees of rituals but could anyone tell me how many degress of rituals are there....

There are exactly three degrees in free masonry but as 'sebatwerk' has pointed out, there are many side degrees that control more. These side orders may confer anything from one up to thirty-three degrees. The Mk M. M. confers only one degree the 'Royal and Select Masters ' confers four (as dous C. B. C. S. ) whilst the S. R. I. A. confers nine grades.

In some side bodies degrees are conferred in name only, without any ceremony. The ‘Knight Templar Priests’, for example, control thirty degrees but only the thirtieth is worked in full. The A. A .A. R. controls thirty three degrees only the eighteenth and the thirtieth degrees are commonly worked in full.

....are all the important leaders members of secret societies?

Many influential people are members of secret societies but I doubt very much if they all are! Anyway if they were all members of the freemasons with its emphasis on 'tolerance, charity and truth', would it be such a bad thing if they were?

....do reptilians control these societies?

Now you must be joking!

[edit on 21-4-2005 by pignut]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Pignut has very accurately answered the question... but from the perspective of the UK. The structure of side degrees can vary enormously from constitution to constitution - some do the same degrees but in a different order, others do diiferent ones.

For example, in the US one of the most popular routes to follow after the 3rd degree is the Scottish Rite - this is known as Rose Croix in England and is not as popular as other side degrees such as Mark or Chapter. Mark and Chapter are organised differently again in Scotland than in England.

Many freemasons go on to join the Shriners in North America. They are hardly known of in Europe and only a very small number of freemasons have joined.

The net result is that non of the side degrees can be regarded as any 'higher' than any other - certainly the degree number has no bearing on this at all. Just about the only thing all regular constitutions will agree upon is that there are three degrees in freemasonry, and the highest degree attainable is the third.

top topics

join