It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CVX pushed back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The CVX program has been pushed back not killed. The pres think in his great wizdom that a carrier should be named after his dad.
so CVN-77 or CVN-78 will be named the Bush. an it will be getting some of the tech that was ment for the CVX.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
CVN 77 was named after George Bush senior in 2002

----------------------------------------------------------------
The United States Navy on the World Wide Web
A service of the Navy Office of Information, Washington DC
send feedback/questions to [email protected]
The United States Navy web site is found on the Internet at
www.navy.mil...
----------------------------------------------------------------

Navy to name newest carrier in honor of former President
9 December 2002

Secretary of the Navy Gordon R. England will name the Navy's
tenth Nimitz class aircraft carrier in honor of World War II
Naval Aviator and former President of the United States George
Herbert Walker Bush during a ceremony today at 3 p.m. EDT in the
Pentagon Auditorium, room 5A1070.

-USN-

Keel was laid in 2003

Latest update is

Newport News, Va. (Mar. 8, 2005) – The 700-ton bow unit, the final keel section of the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier George H. W. Bush (CVN 77), is lowered into place in the dry dock at Northrop Grumman Newport News shipyard. George H. W. Bush is being built using modular construction, a process where smaller sections of the ship below the waterline are lowered into place in dry dock. George H. W. Bush is the second carrier to have the new bulbous bow design that provides more buoyancy to the forward end of he ship and improves hull efficiency. George H. W. Bush is the tenth and final Nimitz-class aircraft carrier and her christening will occur in 2006 with delivery to the U.S. Navy in 2008. Photo courtesy of Northrop Grumman Newport News (RELEASED)
Navy News

Considering that CVN-76 is Ronald Reagan, CVN-77 is Bush Sr, logically CVN-78 should be USS WIllam Jefferson Clinton !!! how likely is that to happen!!

[edit on 15-4-2005 by Popeye]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ill bet my life that Clinton will never have a carrier named after him. The CVX will most likely be named after George W. Bush. There's still a likelyhood Clinton might have a smaller vessel such as a destroyer or transport named after him, definately not a carrier. The navy tends to take the naming of carriers very seriously.

Train

[edit on 15-4-2005 by BigTrain]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The Navy along with the rest of the military tends to like president that increase the budget not decrease it, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed about CVN-78 George W. Bush.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm hoping that they name the new class after G.W. Bush. That would be sweet to have the Bush class carriers dominating the seas for the next 30 years.

And oh yeah - no way in HELL Clinton gets a frigging coast guard cutter named after him, much less a bloody nuclear carrier!

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Nope clinton gets a new class of zodiac boat named after him... the navy thought it was apropriate after he get got caught with his large squishy toy in the oval office.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The Navy along with the rest of the military tends to like president that increase the budget not decrease it, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed about CVN-78 George W. Bush.

Well, if this is true, then the next carrier would be named the : SS Usama Bin Laden. Because he has done more to increase US military spending than any other individual in the history of the country.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
the Ronald Reagan was meant to end the Nimitz class. And the CVX class was meant to start there was not a class name yet.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
CVX was cancelled, the new class is the CVNX, or basically a pimped Nimitz. As for the name, I believe that the Saratoga should be used, or Coral Sea since my Dad served on them. W is too alive and in action to have his own carrier, Clinton too.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
W is too alive and in action to have his own carrier, Clinton too. [/q]
Ronald Reagan was alive when they were building his carrier, grant it he was old and never got to christen it, but his wife got to.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Originally posted by roniii259
W is too alive and in action to have his own carrier, Clinton too. [/q]
Ronald Reagan was alive when they were building his carrier, grant it he was old and never got to christen it, but his wife got to.

Bush Sr is still alive and CVN-77 has been named after him

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Looks like they are already putting George W Bush on some jets. Here is a picture of an F/A-18 taken at a local airshow

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
kjoyce1026 - ummmm... zoom out.

I dont see what your getting at, i dont see his name on the jet or him in it, so i dont see where you going with that.

Edit: Nevermind...good eyes.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
USS William Jefferson Clinton

LOL - heard that Rumsfeld wanted to cut procurement costs!!

I hope her crew carry forward the moral behaviour of the ships namesake

[edit on 5-5-2005 by Popeye]

new topics

top topics

join