It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of Lawmakers with Relatives on payroll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Wasnt sure where to put this and i did a search and found nothing but SFGate.com reported from the AP a list of lawmakers with family working for them.

Family makin Bank

Although i dont see anything wrong with a couple of them...

_ Rep. Dave Reichert, R-Wash.: Nephew Todd Reichert was paid $3,000 last year, plus several hundred dollars for mileage, for serving as driver

That sounds reasonable to me.

A Couple are notable though.

_ House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas: Wife and daughter were paid more than $500,000 since 2001 for working for DeLay's campaign and political action committees.
_ Rep. Jerry Lewis, R-Calif.: Wife Arlene Willis serves as congressional chief of staff at a salary of nearly $111,000.

Just thought this info was interesting.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Most of these congress people used their relataives to work on their campaigns. That's a one-time deal, I'm not sure I have a problem with that.

_ Rep. Lincoln Davis, D-Tenn.: Sister-in-law Sharon Davis has been his campaign treasurer since 1994,and daughter Libby Davis was his campaign coordinator in the last half of 2004. Libby Davis was paid about $2,334 a month; Sharon Davis was paid about $1,000 a month for bookkeeping last year.

Even this isn't exhorbitant. It's not like these guys are paying their relative $100,00 as lobbyists.

I'm more upset that THEY make BIG bucks and don't work full-time.

join