It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't The Raelian Message taken more seriously?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I became interested in the Raelians a while back and started talking to several of them.....I got completely turned off with their idea that sex is ok with anyone whenever......it's my opinion that it is not. When you have sex with someone you continue a psychic cord link for weeks after that effects you.....not for me or many others. Their view on this mkaes them look as if they are just out for lots of sex with a jusification......

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The Raelians believe in:

that the Elohim are the creators of humanity.
in a scientific translation of the Bible.
that humanity has entered the Age of Apocalypse.
that an Embassy must be built to welcome the Elohim.
in a concept of Infinity.
in an Immaterial God and DNA as the source of Eternal Life.
in a Political System of Geniocracy.
in a World Government based on Humanitarianism.

and as nice a package it is: its for sale.

why call the elohim gods? why not pray directly to the intelligence that can stop infinity?

upon the presumption that these 'elohim' would have us call them gods - and the numerable 'white-lies' they've admittably told humanity - I WILL NOT.

these elohim would have us believe there is no technology beyond the manipulation of DNA. a true GOD is the creator of all technologies. the master scientist. he has every trick up his sleeve because they are his. A true God doesnt need to clone his body to achieve immortality.

i have only seen pictures of Rael and heard his voice in some of the links you provided, and he doesnt come off evil per se' but i genuinley think if he is not in on the fraud - that he has fallen for a big trick.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by lost]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
The trick with religious and other scams is giving people the most apealing answers to the questions they have.

You, in your opening statement, say exactly that too.
"Why don't you believe them? I tend to believe them because they have the most compelling answers to my questions".

You have misunderstood my position. Yes, there are questions that have been answered because of my involvement in their books. BUT, as mentioned earlier in my responses, I am not saying the Raelian way is THE way or the answer to every mystery in the world. But it certainly brings a possibilty or explaination that makes a hell of lot more sense that what most religious leader teach today. The question that you're referring to, I don't see it in my opening statement. Here's the question that I posed, "Why is it so hard to believe that other intelligent beings (scientists) from another civilization came to earth, created man and all kinds of animals scientifically by manipulating DNA?" - I think it's a fair question. Why not believe it? You can give me your side why it's hard to believe that, and I'm all ears.

Think for yourself, use logic and open your eyes and mind to see the truth about this.

As said by someone earlyer in the thread. Why would someone preaching the "truth" need to copyright it ...

The first clue to make scam alert go of is the fact they are selling things as core part of their truth bringing.

thematrix. Think about what you're saying. In this day and age of a vast information global network, people living their own lives not worrying about what is happening in the world, how do you expect to send this type of message? A letter in the mail? An email? A post it note on my work desk? No. You be smart about it, and try to inform as many people as possible. There's a reason why we have books, and why they are a very good medium to inform the masses. So Rael's decision to publish his own writing, copyright it, seems logical to me. In fact, I'm reading here in his book right now what it says:

"Copyright (C) The Raelian Religion 1998

The right of Rael to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted by him in accordance with Copyright, Designs, and Patent Act 1998"

Pretty normal procedure for copyrighting your own work, is it not?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
If you were to spend some time reading Rael's first book, The True Face of God (or The Message Given by the ETs), you will find as I did, a lot it makes sense.

Actually, it is the same Basic Channeled Stuff that we've had around since the 1950's. It's niether new or unusual. It's just packaged appealingly. This does not make it true.

And if you look a little closer it's actually quite reasonable. The statements and conclusions stated in the book, in my opinion, are based on love and in no way does it sound like a crazy religious cult. It simply connects the dots, and connects them rather seamlessly. You won't end up having ifs or buts but rather more of a, tell me more attitude.

In short, it's the basic philosophy that was going around in the 1960's. You can find a lot of pseudogospels and other channeled writing that say exactly the same thing.

Why is it so hard to believe that other intelligent beings (scientists) from another civilization came to earth, created man and all kinds of animals scientifically by manipulating DNA?

Because of the huge factual errors and scientific errors and historical errors in the material (not to mention the re-tread of the 1960's stuff.)

Let me cite some specifics:
In the chapter about Genesis, it talks about the "light was good"; that the sun was good. The sun is actually a fairly poisonous star that emits a lot of radiation (which is why we have mutations and we get sunburn and so forth.) There are stars that you could park a planet around where this wouldn't be a problem.

The "creating continents by explosions" is ridiculous beyond belief as is the flat ocean bed. It's done (as we've known for well over a century) by plate tectonics... and yet these "Advanced Aliens" don't know that our world is tectonically active (where do they think the volcanos came from?)

He mentions those wonderful scientists creating grass... and THEN the animals. This doesn't match the fossil record or the DNA record that he goes on to blythely talk about. In fact, grasses are a fairly recent development -- they don't show up until the end of the Age of the Dinosaurs.

Now, any Alien Scientist who'd done the work would have known this and would have given it to Rael straight instead of having him haul out a Bible and preach to him.

Ah yes... then they wanted to create an "artificial human being like ourselves." But there are a number of types of humans, including the Australopithecenes and homo erectus. The resemblance between us and the "Aliens" is not that close. Note that Rael's book (Rael was a race car driver; not a scientist) is completely clueless about other species of man, including Homo erectus (both types -- these are the direct ancestors to homo sapiens), homo neanderthalis, homo heidelbergensis, etc, etc. No mention is made of these species or of the fossil records of evolution. These Amazing Alien Scientists don't, in fact, account for much of the fossil material that we have.

The tale continues of the Amazing Aliens growing fearful of mankind's powers deciding to nuke all of us (except Noah and his family, thoughtfully saved by the Kindly Alien Scientists) -- and Rael (who has only a high school knowledge of science and didn't pay that much attention to it) assumes that the Amazing Aliens could nuke the earth and leave no trace of it.

Rael, as I said, is a race car driver. He knows nothing about how long radiation lasts, and what kinds of effects explosions have. I'd say that this is one of the least believable sections of his material, but he's actually got material that's even more obviously made up by someone who has little knowledge of biology, physics, astronomy, and so forth.

Ask yourself -- what's the chances that a REAL alien scientist wouldn't know basic biology, physics, astronomy, mathematics, etc, etc. The claim that the material is "dumbed down" for the less sophisticated doesn't hold true. Science programs "dumb down" material, but the shows produced are factual -- not wrong.

I could go on.. and on... and on, but I think you get the basics here.

People don't believe it because it's very obviously made up.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

why call the elohim gods?

First mistake. Common misconception. They don't call them gods. They are just as human as you and me. Highly advanced, I'm sure, but not gods. We could call them creators, but not gods. Please remove god from the vocabulary, as it serves no purpose in understanding infinity.

why not pray directly to the intelligence that can stop infinity?

I don't know what you mean by that, sorry.

upon the presumption that these 'elohim' would have us call them gods - and the numerable 'white-lies' they've admittably told humanity - I WILL NOT.

Again, they're not gods.

these elohim would have us believe there is no technology beyond the manipulation of DNA. a true GOD is the creator of all technologies. the master scientist. he has every trick up his sleeve because they are his. A true God doesnt need to clone his body to achieve immortality.

I'd love it if you were to elaborate a bit more on this God of yours that is a master scientist.

i have only seen pictures of Rael and heard his voice in some of the links you provided, and he doesnt come off evil per se' but i genuinley think if he is not in on the fraud - that he has fallen for a big trick.

Tricked? Hmm. Possibly. But considering what he has written in his books, I see nothing in it that would cause people to go insane or delusional. It's pretty much a guideline for a brighter future, that's all there is to it.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
here's a link about the big errors in the raelien theory (translated from french)

raelian cosmology

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
so basically you would like to know from which holy-book i have derived my concept of God. well, thats another story. frankly I will have to do some pondering upon that. however, my qualms with Raels elohim is this: they would have humanity forget the concept of God altogether.

are the elohim all-knowing? ok, so they've mastered the manipulation of DNA - will rael recognize a god above the technology of the elohim? doubt it.

anyways, my other qualms with these 'elohim' still stand: they've admittably lied to us multiple times. they cannot be trusted. especially now that you've identified them as humans like us (just more advanced).

if they are indeed humans like us, they are subject to the same temptations we are: like the temptation to lie for personal gain.

edit: a question for you eudaimonia,
-do you really think DNA manipulation will bring about a more humanitarian society? or like you mentioned of religions earlier - will people (man) try to profit off it any way possible?

-gotta go now. back tomorrow.
enjoying the thread though.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by lost]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Bottom line is not whether his story is message is beleivable or not. You have to get the the very basic point here. Was this man really ever engaged with an ET being who had a message to deliver in the first place. If he was, and could prove it (I know, I know, there's no such thing as proof these days
) then it wouldn't matter what his message was, the sheer fact that he had this real encounter would be enough.

IMO, I see no reason that the ET's would select one man, with limited access to major media sources, to deliver their message to the rest of humanity. If they are as advanced as they Rael says they are, then why count on one human to deliver this message thru crude means of media technology?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Actually, it is the same Basic Channeled Stuff that we've had around since the 1950's. It's niether new or unusual. It's just packaged appealingly. This does not make it true.

Never said it was new or unusual. All I've said was it just makes sense to me, personally. Actually, I'm getting the feeling your pushing this into the "bogus" bin a tad too fast. Sure, the nice designs, as you describe it, doesn't make it true. But if you get a feel of what the message is actually trying to convey, especially when it speaks about geniocracy, it CAN work!

In short, it's the basic philosophy that was going around in the 1960's. You can find a lot of pseudogospels and other channeled writing that say exactly the same thing.

So, what are you trying to say here? That because the basic philosophy has been "around" in the past, that it has not even the slightest significance to humanity?

Because of the huge factual errors and scientific errors and historical errors in the material (not to mention the re-tread of the 1960's stuff.

Let me cite some specifics:
In the chapter about Genesis, it talks about the "light was good"; that the sun was good. The sun is actually a fairly poisonous star that emits a lot of radiation (which is why we have mutations and we get sunburn and so forth.) There are stars that you could park a planet around where this wouldn't be a problem.

Wow. I find it funny that you automatically dismiss the sun's benefits for mankind by describing it as a poisonous star that emits radiation! Sunburn, sure. If you stay long enough. Just as anything good is, it can turn out bad if abused. Your poisonous star explaination is really silly.

The "creating continents by explosions" is ridiculous beyond belief as is the flat ocean bed. It's done (as we've known for well over a century) by plate tectonics... and yet these "Advanced Aliens" don't know that our world is tectonically active (where do they think the volcanos came from?)

Okay, I'm not familiar with tectonics. I looked up the word's definition as: "Relating to, causing, or resulting from structural deformation of the earth's crust."

So what your saying that explosions or something similiar to that cannot be used to cause a deformation of the earth's crust?

He mentions those wonderful scientists creating grass... and THEN the animals. This doesn't match the fossil record or the DNA record that he goes on to blythely talk about. In fact, grasses are a fairly recent development -- they don't show up until the end of the Age of the Dinosaurs.

Sorry, blythely? I don't know the origins or history of grass, but I cannot rule out the possibility that it existed when life was created.

Well, again, I'd love it if you were to direct me somewhere that proves that grass didn't show up until that era. And even if that's the case, this is a very minor issue to talk about. I'm sure we both don't know the complete story on grass.

Now, any Alien Scientist who'd done the work would have known this and would have given it to Rael straight instead of having him haul out a Bible and preach to him.

Do you think that grass was the central message for the Elohim to deliver to humanity? Please.

Ah yes... then they wanted to create an "artificial human being like ourselves." But there are a number of types of humans, including the Australopithecenes and homo erectus. The resemblance between us and the "Aliens" is not that close. Note that Rael's book (Rael was a race car driver; not a scientist) is completely clueless about other species of man, including Homo erectus (both types -- these are the direct ancestors to homo sapiens), homo neanderthalis, homo heidelbergensis, etc, etc. No mention is made of these species or of the fossil records of evolution. These Amazing Alien Scientists don't, in fact, account for much of the fossil material that we have.

How do you know for certain that our likeness does not resemble another intelligent species from the universe? The types of humans you're referring to is still something to investigate, as it's something I know very little about except the strory of the Annunaki. But if you know something that is mind blowing that will blow the top off the Rael's creation story, then be my guest and spill it.

I don't think him being a race driver has any significance to what the message is all about. Would you have believed Rael if he WAS a scientist? It doesn't make a difference to me because I'm trying to understand the message not his title. Actually, the fact that he was a race driver adds credibility to his character as he is less capable of fabricating scientific stories. He was a simple man, period. That's enough for me.

The tale continues of the Amazing Aliens growing fearful of mankind's powers deciding to nuke all of us (except Noah and his family, thoughtfully saved by the Kindly Alien Scientists) -- and Rael (who has only a high school knowledge of science and didn't pay that much attention to it) assumes that the Amazing Aliens could nuke the earth and leave no trace of it.

We all should be fearful of what mankind is capable of doing with nukes. In reality, these "Amazing Aliens" are simply encouraging us to not be so stupid with so much of this power we currently hold. It could be the end of everything once we start becoming reckless and arrogant. I see signs of it already.

Rael, as I said, is a race car driver. He knows nothing about how long radiation lasts, and what kinds of effects explosions have. I'd say that this is one of the least believable sections of his material, but he's actually got material that's even more obviously made up by someone who has little knowledge of biology, physics, astronomy, and so forth.

That's not a very good justification to slap his story with a big "FAKE" sign. I believe he knows enough to get things started, to have things in motion by our own respected biologists, physicians, astronomers, and so on to leave the job in the right hands. Not a one man job.

Ask yourself -- what's the chances that a REAL alien scientist wouldn't know basic biology, physics, astronomy, mathematics, etc, etc. The claim that the material is "dumbed down" for the less sophisticated doesn't hold true. Science programs "dumb down" material, but the shows produced are factual -- not wrong.

Again, I don't know where your getting the idea that a real extra-terrestrial scientist was not part of the creation?

I could go on.. and on... and on, but I think you get the basics here.

People don't believe it because it's very obviously made up.

To you maybe, and I respect your opinion.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
IMO, I see no reason that the ET's would select one man, with limited access to major media sources, to deliver their message to the rest of humanity. If they are as advanced as they Rael says they are, then why count on one human to deliver this message thru crude means of media technology?

I don't see how this is NOT an effective way to spread a message. Would you have wanted the ETs to just come down in full glory to the world and say "Hey, what's up, this is truth, now shut up because we're the real deal!"

Another man who had a divine message with absolutely no media sources, was Jesus Christ himself. Different times, different ways of communicating.

Out of curiousity, what methods would you have used to inform the people?

Reading a book is a crude means of media technology? I don't understand where your coming from really.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Jesus Christ performed miracles to help back up his message. BIG DIFFERENCE!!! If Christ were around in this day and age, I would think that he would use the major media outlets to get his message across. And those media outlets would let him because he could back up his claims by performing incredible feats.

And yes, I'd say that having the aliens come down in their big ships all over the world and give their big message on a global scale would be a much better and more beleivable way than meeting with one unknown guy and depending on him to get the word out. If they would have given this guy some peice of unearthly tech, or would have given him some unearthly abilites to help back his message up, then he'd probably get a bit more people to listen.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
so basically you would like to know from which holy-book i have derived my concept of God. well, thats another story. frankly I will have to do some pondering upon that. however, my qualms with Raels elohim is this: they would have humanity forget the concept of God altogether.

I believe it's time for humanity to remove the concept of God altogether honestly. It's time to evolve and mature from this primitive way of thinking.

are the elohim all-knowing? ok, so they've mastered the manipulation of DNA - will rael recognize a god above the technology of the elohim? doubt it.

The use of the word god is not productive in a conversation like this. First of all, I think if there is another civilization out there that is MUCH more advanced than the Elohim, it wouldn't take a long time to figure out which technology is from which race. How far can technology go? Are there limits? That's the question.

anyways, my other qualms with these 'elohim' still stand: they've admittably lied to us multiple times. they cannot be trusted. especially now that you've identified them as humans like us (just more advanced).

Their bodies are humanlike, but in no way am I comparing their intellectual capacity with ours.

if they are indeed humans like us, they are subject to the same temptations we are: like the temptation to lie for personal gain.

Again, misunderstood my position.

do you really think DNA manipulation will bring about a more humanitarian society? or like you mentioned of religions earlier - will people (man) try to profit off it any way possible?

Answer to first question: Yes. If we're careful and organized. Worth the time and money.

Answer to second question: Hard to say. Depends what their intentions are obviously, and who's in possession, the strong minded or the weak minded.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Jesus Christ performed miracles to help back up his message. BIG DIFFERENCE!!! If Christ were around in this day and age, I would think that he would use the major media outlets to get his message across. And those media outlets would let him because he could back up his claims by performing incredible feats.

No he wouldn't because we're now in the year 2005 and we're comparing two very distinct periods. If Jesus had not performed those miracles, he would've been just a simple man muddering some good life lessons. Jesus had a different mission.

Rael. 21st Century. We don't need to see miracles to believe, at least, not for me. We've reached a golden age of understanding because of science, and believe it or not, if you really think about it hard enough, the miracles Jesus performed are based on science. We just don't know how it was done.

Yet.

And yes, I'd say that having the aliens come down in their big ships all over the world and give their big message on a global scale would be a much better and more beleivable way than meeting with one unknown guy and depending on him to get the word out. If they would have given this guy some peice of unearthly tech, or would have given him some unearthly abilites to help back his message up, then he'd probably get a bit more people to listen.

No, that wouldn't work because, well, hate to break to you but the world is not emotionally ready for that kind of contact. It will cause pandemonium.

We all want the tangible evidence. But that's not going to happen. Believe it or not. That's how simple it really is.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is very simple.....like any other belief system it is very personal...if you think they fit you....then follow.....those that don't, won't. They totally lost all credibility with me with the sex with anyone you want crap...also, what Byrd says it completely true.....they are saying nothing new that hasn't been around since the early 50's

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
This is very simple.....like any other belief system it is very personal...if you think they fit you....then follow.....those that don't, won't. They totally lost all credibility with me with the sex with anyone you want crap...also, what Byrd says it completely true.....they are saying nothing new that hasn't been around since the early 50's

LadyV, I agree with you...but up to a point. Regarding the sex issue, I'd like to quote a paragraph from the book "The True Face of God":

Fulfillment, page 175.
"Choose your partner freely if you desire one. Marriage, whether religious or civil, is useless. You cannot sign a contract to unite living individuals, who are bound to change because they are alive.

Reject marriage, which is only the public proclamation of ownership of a person. A man or woman cannot be the property of anyone else. Any contract can only destroy the harmony existing between two individuals.

When we feel loved, we feel free to love, but when we have signed a contract, we feel like prisoners who are forced to love each other, and sooner or later we begin to hate each other. So you will live with the person of your choice for as long as you feel happy with him or her.

When you no longer get on well together, do not remain together, because your union will become hell. All living things evolve, and rightly so. If the personal evolution of each individual is similar, the union lasts but if their progress is different, then union is longer possible. You no longer like the individual you used to like, because one of you has changed. You must part from each other while retaining happy memories of your time together, instead of spoiling it with useless bickering which gives way to hostility. A child chooses clothes that fit, and when it outgrows them they must be changed for different clothes, otherwise they will be torn to pieces."

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Their view on this mkaes them look as if they are just out for lots of sex with a jusification......

Cool, finally a reason to believe this hogwash. Where do I sign up?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
"Reject marriage, which is only the public proclamation of ownership of a person. A man or woman cannot be the property of anyone else. Any contract can only destroy the harmony existing between two individuals."

What hogwash. A husband or wife does not own the other. It's a commitment to eachother, and God if you so wish to include him/her/it. These people have a real warped sense in my opinion, of just about everything.

Bottom line is they have no more "proof" for their stance or beliefs then any other religion does. It still remains for all...an article of faith.

Believe whatever you want. When I have an issue is when groups or people attack others beliefs. Raelians can state what they want to, and so can every other "religion", why they have to argue whats right and wrong is beyond me.

Sounds more like...."My God can beat up your God"...friggin pointless.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
Never said it was new or unusual. All I've said was it just makes sense to me, personally. Actually, I'm getting the feeling your pushing this into the "bogus" bin a tad too fast. Sure, the nice designs, as you describe it, doesn't make it true. But if you get a feel of what the message is actually trying to convey, especially when it speaks about geniocracy, it CAN work!

In a perfect society, with perfect people, it might. Otherwise, it's a few burritos short of a combo plate.

Wow. I find it funny that you automatically dismiss the sun's benefits for mankind by describing it as a poisonous star that emits radiation! Sunburn, sure. If you stay long enough. Just as anything good is, it can turn out bad if abused. Your poisonous star explaination is really silly.

My contention is that there are a lot of OTHER stars that would be far better for humans, would have less radiation and cause fewer health problems. This is hardly a "perfect star" for humans.
arxiv.org...
arjournals.annualreviews.org...;jsessionid=iioqnd_teAE9

So what your saying that explosions or something similiar to that cannot be used to cause a deformation of the earth's crust?

Yes. Exactly. Here's some animations on plate tectonics (note: geologic information matches this and does not show evidence of explosions. Explosions deep enough to affect the crust (Chicxulub impact crater in Mexico) leave Really Obvious Signatures :
www.ucmp.berkeley.edu...

Chicxulub impact crater in Mexico
articles.adsabs.harvard.edu...

I don't know the origins or history of grass, but I cannot rule out the possibility that it existed when life was created.

Here's a timeline of Earth and times when different species arose:
www.fossilmall.com...

I'm sure we both don't know the complete story on grass.

I'd disagree with that -- I have a bachelors' in Biology and knew quite a bit about grasses back in the days. I did a survey of them in one area for the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department a very long time ago, but I still remember bits of basic grass biology.

Do you think that grass was the central message for the Elohim to deliver to humanity? Please.

I think that if I'm telling some poor alien the truth about how his race came to be created by MY race, that I would tell him the truth so that when he went off to investigate it, all the proof that he was created by my race was there. He or she or it wouldn't find any contradictory evidence lurking around.

Furthermore, the information that I would give would also match up with later discoveries because what I was telling him/her was true. Even if it was very SIMPLE information (like "Well, first we created grapefruit and then we thought it was uneatable so we created giraffes and koalas to eat the grapefruit so it wouldn't go to waste.")

How do you know for certain that our likeness does not resemble another intelligent species from the universe?

Take a look at the picture on the cover of the book. Then go look up a recreation of "Lucy" or any Australopithecine (who were humans and made tools and had culture) or the "Hobbits" (homo florensis.) That's a pretty loose definition of "our image." In fact, using that loose image, you could also argue that the Raelian scientists made gibbons and chimps and gorillas and capuchin monkeys in their image as well.

The types of humans you're referring to is still something to investigate, as it's something I know very little about except the strory of the Annunaki. But if you know something that is mind blowing that will blow the top off the Rael's creation story, then be my guest and spill it.

Anunaki are the Babylonian gods as the Aesir are the Norse gods. Not scientists... gods.

Here's the basics on what's known about the different types of humans and where they came from and how old they are, etc, etc.
www.talkorigins.org...

Again, this is just basic science boiled down for the masses -- IF after reading through the material, you'd like to see things like archaeological dig details, DNA analysis details, etc, I can show you where to find several hundred thousand papers that will go into these details (yes, that many. There's that much written on the subject.)

I'm a little surprised that you haven't come across all this material before. I thought it was pretty standard high school science stuff.

I don't think him being a race driver has any significance to what the message is all about. Would you have believed Rael if he WAS a scientist?

In fact, I would have been much harder on him because a good scientist knows how to document even the weird stuff. I would have called into question his scholarship, his education, and whether he bought his degree at a degree mill.

We all should be fearful of what mankind is capable of doing with nukes. In reality, these "Amazing Aliens" are simply encouraging us to not be so stupid with so much of this power we currently hold.

And this from the "Advanced Aliens" who supposedly nuked most of the Earth leaving only Noah and his space ship alive?

The "nuclear weapons" are another indication, by the way, that this is strictly fantasy. Weaponry here on Earth has never stopped developing and we're looking at a variety of new technology. Within the next 100 years, nukes will probably become obsolete.

And yet the best in weaponry that this Greatly Advanced Civilization can do is ... nukes? That's not very likely.

Again, I don't know where your getting the idea that a real extra-terrestrial scientist was not part of the creation?

Sorry... you misread my convoluted sentence. I was saying that IF an alien scientist created us/life, that the alien scientist would get the basic steps in creation right and would get all the physics and biology right (at least in most general terms.)

This isn't hard science; it's very easy high school science facts. Any high school science geek can lecture you on this stuff for *hours*.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
the all powerful oz has spoken. give me a break HIS HOLINESS.(Hey u nothing to see behind that curtain).they have the write stratigies ,but the wrong execution.SELL SELL SELL

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I just watched one video and think WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they want us to build an embassy for them on international waters because they are not invading us. Ok first sign of trust??? maybe not to take sides???

Where will the embassy be located??? How long before total disclosure??? Will they tell us what the hell is going on soon??? (I theorize 2012 a good time)

There is alot of speculation from people about money, they are a non-profit organization. Hold on, how are you going to build an embassy with no money???

Are they serious????!!!!!!!

They do not give signs of them putting harm to us, so why not go along with it until its proven wrong??? Build the embassy building then hope they come from the sky, how do we tell them its ready???

I have often speculated on ufo's but this is a completly different zone. They single handedly wiped out religion, what with the bright star and three wise men etc. etc. and using extracts from the holy books.

WITHOUT DOUBT you have got my attention!!!

Seriously though the catholic church def. do not like these people!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join