It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't The Raelian Message taken more seriously?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Indulge me for just a moment of your time.

First, a request. Please don't automatically completely dismiss what I'm trying to say or what "the message" is trying to say just because it sounds too "way out there". Try to stretch your mind as far as you can with this one. As we embark on this fantasic period of searching for what is true and what is false, there's still a big mystery surrounding these questions, "Where do we come from? Who is god? Are we alone?" and others as well. Of all the stories and explainations I've encountered online and out, The Raelians have more of a compelling and certainly more logical answer to the mysterious of human life/earth, extraterrestrials, god, morality, religious teachings, and it definitely gives an exciting and hopeful look at what evolution and creationism really is/was and where we can take it.

If you were to spend some time reading Rael's first book, The True Face of God (or The Message Given by the ETs), you will find as I did, a lot it makes sense. And if you look a little closer it's actually quite reasonable. The statements and conclusions stated in the book, in my opinion, are based on love and in no way does it sound like a crazy religious cult. It simply connects the dots, and connects them rather seamlessly. You won't end up having ifs or buts but rather more of a, tell me more attitude. Unfortunately, many who decide to read it are fixated on their own religious beliefs, so this book will be very hard to agree with. But for those, like me, who are open to all ideas seeking the truth in everyday life, it can be pretty enlightening.

Why is it so hard to believe that other intelligent beings (scientists) from another civilization came to earth, created man and all kinds of animals scientifically by manipulating DNA? All done in laboratories, in case you're wondering. In the book he also mentions dinosaurs. They were also brought to life by DNA but done by other scientists with another agenda. There's more to that story, but I don't remember all the details right now I'll have to go back to the book which explains it thouroughly. The message also states that we have no souls and there is no God, as we so comfortably been learned to believe. Consciousness and memory, all found in the brain could be duplicated or "cloned" for the purposes of living an eternal life. The Apocolypse is not an end of the world scenerio, it's actually a Revelation or an Awakening. The possibility of a world under destruction is there, and those in possession of great technological energy will certainly meet their doom if it's not in the right hands.

Not one teaching presented by Rael or in his books should be called fraudulence by anyone until they've open their minds to possibilities.

If you'd like to read his book(s), here is a link to download them for free. Read, understand, and give it an opportunity to sink in.

usa.rael.org...

If you'd rather watch a video that supports the evidence Rael is claiming, then please watch this:
www.rael.org...

Another link that I highly recommend, from CBC Archives (Canada), several streaming videos that relate to cloning and Rael.

archives.cbc.ca...
(the video that starts up should be watched through the very end, feel free to watch the other ones)

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
exactly how does this guy know this stuff?

how does he get a copyright on the truth exactly? id like to get one too; ill pay whatever fees nessasary

how can anyone reasonably claim they Know as a Fact; a hard cold concrete and steel FACT; that they know what happened to the dinosaurs?? How can they claim they know what the TRUE answers to the greatest mysterys of life are?

well ; my conclusion is that their claims are based on spurious speculation and translated into pseudo-facts ; its rather credulous

does this guy have a time machine? or is he special enough that aliens will come take him abord their time machine? or did the aliens already know what happened and were nice enough to tell him?
too bad the aliens must think im a worthless nobody

they never tell me anything...

you said come with an open mind; and i did; then i realized that almost everything they claim as Fact; is not fact actually; but in reality it seems more like speculation and opinion passed As Facts...

big big differance there

i know people hold their religious beliefs so closely and think so great of them; but they make the mistake of thinking that belief is "Their Belief"
but actually anyone can entertain any belief imaginable
therefore you can discard beliefs and collect new ones as you see fit

so when i go firing flak shots at the raeliens ; dont take it personally

hey on a side note; are these the same folks that were going to clone Rodney Dangerfield??
i think it was them

anyone who wants to clone Rodney Dangerfield is ...Mean
how dare anyone force a human to be born so Ugly

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
exactly how does this guy know this stuff?

how does he get a copyright on the truth exactly? id like to get one too; ill pay whatever fees nessasary

Sorry, I should've left that piece of information in my original post to those who haven't read his background. Real has obtained this knowledge because he was visted by the Elohim (extra-terrestrials) in a UFO, 1973. The truth that he reveals is meant to share with others, not for world control or greed.

how can anyone reasonably claim they Know as a Fact; a hard cold concrete and steel FACT; that they know what happened to the dinosaurs?? How can they claim they know what the TRUE answers to the greatest mysterys of life are?

Well, if you've encountered an intelligent being from another planet and they say we were the ones who created all life on earth but you (humans) mistook us as gods, I would assume (if that event actually took place) that information like that would have to be believed as a fact. Why? Because it's from an extraordinary source. Not just something realized from out of thin air. A profound experience like that would certainly have me believing whatever this intelligent being is saying to me to be hard concrete steel fact.

well ; my conclusion is that their claims are based on spurious speculation and translated into pseudo-facts ; its rather credulous

Okay, spurious speculation? How are their claims based on speculation when everything they believe is true? Your speaking for yourself. This is how you view them, not how they view themselves. It is up to you and us to determine what they say is true or false by gathering the information and coming to a more definite conclusion than just saying "it's rather creduous". Please, be a little more open minded than that.

does this guy have a time machine? or is he special enough that aliens will come take him abord their time machine? or did the aliens already know what happened and were nice enough to tell him?
too bad the aliens must think im a worthless nobody

they never tell me anything...

Not a time machine, an extra-terrestrial craft. Muzzleflash, do you honestly believe that extra-terrestrials will just choose any person off the street to deliver an important message for mankind? Don't you think it would be more effective to choose your messenger more wisely, more precise, than just random selection? Nobody thinks your worthless, I suspect you need to rethink or reevaluate your inner self and realize that we're all in this together. Together to search for the truth, no matter how hard it may seem to accept. If you meant the worthless nobody comment as a joke, my mistake.

you said come with an open mind; and i did; then i realized that almost everything they claim as Fact; is not fact actually; but in reality it seems more like speculation and opinion passed As Facts...

big big differance there

I don't know where your looking or hearing, but everything that I've seen from their perspective, they present it as absolute truth. Their conviction is strong and to the point. There isn't a gap or any room in any of their language to give me suspicion that what they're saying is full of theories, opinions, or speculations.

i know people hold their religious beliefs so closely and think so great of them; but they make the mistake of thinking that belief is "Their Belief"
but actually anyone can entertain any belief imaginable
therefore you can discard beliefs and collect new ones as you see fit

You can say as much as you can about beliefs, and what you've failed to understand about Rael's message is, he doesn't care if you don't accept his message, he may encourage it, but what he will NOT say is "This is it folks, either you come with us, or you'll burn in hell". On the contrary, he has said that those who have beliefs in their own personal god and who are happy with their lives, then so be it. That's great! But...one who wants to remove themselves from primitive thinking, beliefs, and evolve to something much higher in terms of understanding greater the universe, consciousness, nature, politics, life, origins, etc, everything that is around us taken to another level of understanding. If you want to believe the message, go ahead, but if not, that's fine too. It is a choice, but please try to understand where I'm coming from, I see the Raelian message as a positive one, not something that will bring us down as a community.

so when i go firing flak shots at the raeliens ; dont take it personally

hey on a side note; are these the same folks that were going to clone Rodney Dangerfield??
i think it was them

anyone who wants to clone Rodney Dangerfield is ...Mean
how dare anyone force a human to be born so Ugly

I'm not sure if that was them. I doubt it. Actually, here's the real story:

www.keepmedia.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
rael presents his theory as if it was a flawless answer to the ongoing conflict between science and religion.

religion calls for faith in an unseen 'god' and its creationism.

evolution - calls for DNA to just present itself.

and now rael says that ET seeding our planet is the perfect compramise. everything has an explanation now because ET made us, not happenstance evolution, nor the inexplicable 'god'.

as if the ET/seeding theory didnt leave questions in its wake.

....so who made the "chemical artists" that made us? and who made them? etc...

and why is it that upon our ET/seeding we were not told the secrets of science, yet somehow we've **evolved** to the point where we're ready to understand. uh, uh,.. yeah.

rael has been tricked.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

rael presents his theory as if it was a flawless answer to the ongoing conflict between science and religion.

It might come across as a theory for some, but to many it is an answer to so many conflicts that our ongoing presently within our planet and society. Especially when it comes to religion. Religion can succeed if it's properly used as a medium to push further human thought and ideas. Not to be in one position and not ever look ahead to what our true potential as humans can really accomplish for ourselves intellectually and technologically. The Raelians consider their religion science. Which is understandable because it is important to understand that science is a major step we can take to make this world a much better place to live in.

religion calls for faith in an unseen 'god' and its creationism.

I'm sorry, but which religion are you referring to? The bible speaks of a creator but it is one that's plural, and seen, not unseen. It's correctly interpreting it that makes the difference. Culture, politics, and the media have distorted it's true meaning.

evolution - calls for DNA to just present itself.

and now rael says that ET seeding our planet is the perfect compramise. everything has an explanation now because ET made us, not happenstance evolution, nor the inexplicable 'god'.

as if the ET/seeding theory didnt leave questions in its wake.

The explaination that ET seeded our planet, to me, makes more sense. It also leaves us with fewer questions, but yes, it's still a controversial issue with many other questions left unanswered. "Happenstance" or Evolution in my opinion, how it has been presented to us by professors and the like honestly does not leave us with much hope, if you think about it. Imagine, that everything you see in front of you, life around you, people, nature, cultures, animals, plants, books, technology, etc...these things are not by chance, these were by design. Now, if you ask me what makes me more comfortable to believe in, I believe you know the answer.

....so who made the "chemical artists" that made us? and who made them? etc...

I don't have a definite answer for that one. A valid one for sure. What I can guess is that since life is abundant in all the universe and all the stars and possibly a large number of planets, it's probably safe to assume that life has always existed, evolved for some not for others, and life moves on throughout the galaxy to experience other life forms. A cycle that never ends. Therefore, it is not entirely silly to think that other highly advanced civilizations could visit other planets and produce life. That's where we come in. We were an experiment, but a very positive one indeed.

and why is it that upon our ET/seeding we were not told the secrets of science, yet somehow we've **evolved** to the point where we're ready to understand. uh, uh,.. yeah.

rael has been tricked.

To know all the secrets of science from the very beginning would have not worked out. You are basically creating more scientists, and with the highest knowledge available to you, you are prone to do very dangerous things, not only to yourself but others around you. So it would make sense to put limits in our knowledge. But not permanent ones. This limit would allow you to enjoy more freely life itself, people and nature, without having the urge to be constantly in this robotic "let's create something because that's all I wanna do and nothing else" state of mind. So ETs creating us to enjoy life and not to be like "them" is actually a good thing. Now, of course, we have definitely evolved in many areas in every field, but what good is that knowledge if most of those in charge do not understand what to do with it? We must use it for good, and if we become reckless and arrogant with this grand hold of high knowledge then self-destruction is inevitable.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
at its root the raelian movement is an attempt to discredit god. it is an excellent consolidation of nearly every recorded culture - science - and religion. well done.

but the true god is not subject to infinty and time like we humans are - the real god manipulates dimensions like raels elohim do DNA.

GOD is infinity - not some ET race running around in it.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
eudaimonia,

thanks for sharing, you have a carefully considered grasp of your studies of Rael IMHO, in their philosophical aspects that is, although his practical application of the teachings of the wise ETs that were left in his hands may appear of course to be rather foolish to us in retrospect. So maybe let's all try to keep in mind if possible that we do not experience anything like this for ourselves. Or if you did, especially at that time, then what else would you do? Sure, second-guessing the man is easy. But if you live in a glass house....

Not much consideration has been granted to Rael's expansive philosophies, which came from the higher-minded ETs, in this materially-oriented fast-food-for-the-ego civilization. These communications came at a time when the lower-minded or renegade ETs were still firmly in control of the government through hidden official contact. Tough nut to crack then ?!

He however is believed by some of the French to be a precursor to Jean Ederman, who is also French. Eric Julien, aka Jean Ederman, his experiences and telepathic communications with many EBEs and his physical encounter with the Arcturians--finally being taken aboard one of their ships and learning to fly it--prompted the work of Michael Sallas, PhD and the field of exopolitics. Exopolitics is the practical application of the philosophy that failed Rael, I believe.

Jean has a new psy-time physics and is working on a new book, which has been critiqued by a French professor that was formerly against him.

Will put more links in including translations from the French and respond to any replies/flames/critiques later, if there's any interest (this serious kind of post may be a potential thread-killer ?) thanks, gotta go....

[edit on 14-4-2005 by Collin]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
There are thousands of organistions out there like these guys. All claim to have been handed some wisdom by some fantastic being, be it an alien or angel or whatever. None of them present one shred of evidence for their claims. Why should anyone believe the Raelians above any other cult? Why not believe them all and go completely mad. Check out how Rael was inspired:

"Rael's movement is said to have started on December 13, 1973, in France. While commuting to his job as a sportswriter, he decided to drive past the office and stop at a nearby volcano in Auvergne.

During his stop, he claimed to see the flashing red light of a spaceship, which opened its hatch to reveal a green alien with longish, dark hair.

Once aboard the spaceship, Rael has claimed to have been entertained by voluptuous female robots and learned that the first human beings were created by aliens called Elohim, who cloned themselves.
"
www.guardian.co.uk...

It's not even good sci-fi. In fact it is laughably bad.

The Raelians are conmen and liars. Back in 2002 in the UK their "biotech company", Clonaid (Conaid would be more appropriate) claimed they were the first people to clone a human baby and the hard evidence of DNA would be presented to prove it had happened. We are still waiting. The sympathetic scientist who was going to check it out called it a hoax:

www.guardian.co.uk...

In fact when when Clonaid was checked out it turned out to have no premises, no budget and no staff - just a paper company. The whole exercise was carried out to raise cash from credulous and desperate people.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
There are thousands of organistions out there like these guys. All claim to have been handed some wisdom by some fantastic being, be it an alien or angel or whatever. None of them present one shred of evidence for their claims. Why should anyone believe the Raelians above any other cult? Why not believe them all and go completely mad. Check out how Rael was inspired:

"Rael's movement is said to have started on December 13, 1973, in France. While commuting to his job as a sportswriter, he decided to drive past the office and stop at a nearby volcano in Auvergne.

During his stop, he claimed to see the flashing red light of a spaceship, which opened its hatch to reveal a green alien with longish, dark hair.

Once aboard the spaceship, Rael has claimed to have been entertained by voluptuous female robots and learned that the first human beings were created by aliens called Elohim, who cloned themselves.
"
www.guardian.co.uk...

The Raelians are conmen and liars. Back in 2002 in the UK their "biotech company", Clonaid (Conaid would be more appropriate) claimed they were the first people to clone a human baby and the hard evidence of DNA would be presented to prove it had happened. We are still waiting. The sympathetic scientist who was going to check it out called it a hoax:

www.guardian.co.uk...

In fact when when Clonaid was checked out it turned out to have no premises, no budget and no staff - just a paper company. The whole exercise was carried out to raise cash from credulous and desperate people.

Cults or not.
Imho, believing that we are alone in the universe, is like believing the earth is flat.

It takes no proof to believe, it takes one proof to know...
Have you gone around the planet, or do you just believe in what you have been tought in school??

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
and regardless of discrepencies, why should we trust rael and his ET any more than any other religion/theory/cult?

-especially after raels elohim admit to historically keeping humanity in the dark - they claim to be behind jesus, mohammed, and even hint at joseph smith of the mormon faith - portraying those men and their messages as just stepping stones to the truth as we shall learn it.

so why isnt rael just another stepping stone to some future "truth" that totally contradicts todays "truths?" no matter how you cut it, raels theories require an equal if not larger leap of faith than most other religions.

i dont trust anybody that remains hidden - especially some french guys alien friends. theyre lying.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
at its root the raelian movement is an attempt to discredit god. it is an excellent consolidation of nearly every recorded culture - science - and religion. well done.

An attempt to discredit the idea of a God. Yes. What is the problem with that? Do you realize that an unseen omniscient God (singular) who sits on a cloud with a long white beard and a book on his side listing who's bad and who's naughty is completely preposterous? Not to mention illogical. The majority of people today believe this interpretation, and have perverted it's meaning by using that image and marketing it to basically sell a lie.

but the true god is not subject to infinty and time like we humans are - the real god manipulates dimensions like raels elohim do DNA.

Lost, who IS this true real God you speak of? I'm assuming you're not capitalizing the g out of forgetfullness, if you stand by what your definition means. Who is this god that are similiar to the Elohim? I speak of the Elohim that are found in the bible, please inform me of other elohims.

GOD is infinity - not some ET race running around in it.

Again, I admit, the word God has a profound meaning, it can be used in all different ways to explain something meaningful to our lives. For instance, a child's laughter, the wind blowing my face, the light from the sun warming my skin, all these things can be considered godlike if you really think about it. But is it the GOD you're referring to? No. You're certainly not referring the god(s) from the bible. So I'd like to know where you stand on this.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Not one teaching presented by Rael or in his books should be called fraudulence by anyone until they've open their minds to possibilities

What would you call a press announcement that you had made a scientific breakthrough (i.e. the cloning of a human), and then you provided no scientific proof or evidence for it...??? Fraud maybe???

Let's just say I wouldn't drink the punch at any Raelian gatherings...as he looks suspiciously like that Halle Bopp suicide cult leader, hehe...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Collin
although his practical application of the teachings of the wise ETs that were left in his hands may appear of course to be rather foolish to us in retrospect. So maybe let's all try to keep in mind if possible that we do not experience anything like this for ourselves. Or if you did, especially at that time, then what else would you do? Sure, second-guessing the man is easy. But if you live in a glass house....

I understand why most people would say it's rather foolish for an ET to leave such an important message in a hands of french man. But l say this, why not? Do you have something against the french? Not asking you, but just making a point. The message needs to get out one way or another. This message is nothing more than a guideline in improving life on our planet and providing us with a clearer understanding on who we are, where we come from, and how far ahead we can go with this knowledge. I don't see the harm in any of Rael's writings.

Not much consideration has been granted to Rael's expansive philosophies, which came from the higher-minded ETs, in this materially-oriented fast-food-for-the-ego civilization. These communications came at a time when the lower-minded or renegade ETs were still firmly in control of the government through hidden official contact. Tough nut to crack then ?!

Well, his philosophies are unique indeed, in most areas. Not sure when the idea of ETs creating life on earth was first ever presented. Nevertheless, it's these philosophies, both politically and scientifically that I believe can work if society and government takes the time to appreciate what the real message is all about and then apply it for our benefit.

He however is believed by some of the French to be a precursor to Jean Ederman, who is also French. Eric Julien, aka Jean Ederman, his experiences and telepathic communications with many EBEs and his physical encounter with the Arcturians--finally being taken aboard one of their ships and learning to fly it--prompted the work of Michael Sallas, PhD and the field of exopolitics. Exopolitics is the practical application of the philosophy that failed Rael, I believe.

Jean has a new psy-time physics and is working on a new book, which has been critiqued by a French professor that was formerly against him.

Will put more links in including translations from the French and respond to any replies/flames/critiques later, if there's any interest (this serious kind of post may be a potential thread-killer ?) thanks, gotta go....

First I've heard of him. I'd be interested to know the information you have available and share it with us. Especially the Exopolitics part.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
fair enough- i do not subscribe to any religion completely - yet. see, this is a touchy subject but basically - as an individual i percieve god to truly be omnipotent and omniscient. God mustnt sit upon a cloud or have a white beard - but i would like to think of God as an absolute. the one and only deity that can make or break my reality at his or her whim. the one and only deity who is not subject to the laws of this universe or the next. i believe in Gods infinite intelligence.

yes, at first glance it is as implausable as any religion or cult following - but the difference between this idea and the next is this: there is a beginning.

either everything always existed in some shape or form (tough, but scientifically plausible) *or* a supreme intelligence started it all - and can finish it if he should so please.

if God didnt create infinity, then he is subject to it - and in my eyes he is therefore not God.

infinity is so grand a concept it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to understand (for us humans). If God doesnt understand this concept - my world shatters. I seriously feel a void. I feel sad.

anyways, i was refering to the same elohim as you, I was just trying to illustrate that the true God (in my eyes) should have every ability the "raelian elohim" do - and infinitley more.

even by their own description, the raelian elohim are trapped in this universe. My God cannot be trapped. All powerfull - all knowing.

the raelian theory supposes it not only impossible for us humans and the elohim to break 'infinity' but impossible for anyone or thing - and this is exactly where we differ.

we both bow to infinity. i just recognize intelligence behind it.
(i.e. not subject to it)

[edit on 14-4-2005 by lost]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
There are thousands of organistions out there like these guys. All claim to have been handed some wisdom by some fantastic being, be it an alien or angel or whatever. None of them present one shred of evidence for their claims. Why should anyone believe the Raelians above any other cult? Why not believe them all and go completely mad.

Thousands of organisations like the Raelians? I doubt it. Raelians have a different approach to their teachings, I'm sure these other groups have more of that "Sci-Fi" feel to it most likely because they present it like a video game. The Raelians have made more of a wave across the globe than any other group or "cult" if you will, and it has been covered by more media coverage than any of those "cults" you're talking about. When it comes to their biblical interpretations, scientific study of life and death, ETs, political awareness/change, moral issues such as abortion, suicide, homosexuality, the Raelians have more of a realistic point of view and it definitely makes sense. At least, to me it does. Do I feel brainwashed by it? No, because as a truthseeker, I look at all sides. I am not saying Raelian way is THE way to live. What I am saying is that they have a perspective that doesn't feel flimsy. If you feel that Rael is a liar or a false prophet, then I welcome that side of it as well. But no one can say what Rael has said is absolutely 100% false and misleading. Unless you've got some unequivocal evidence to support it.

Check out how Rael was inspired:

"
www.guardian.co.uk...

I don't see how this is laughable. It's a bit amusing because it's not something we hear everyday or even dream of happening in our lifetime. But who's to say that these magnificent creations cannot be created? Anything is possible with the use of the right technology and DNA if one so chooses to create a living life form. Sci-Fi? I don't think so. Don't limit your use of imagination.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Quote from that link:

"Mr Guillen said he had been prepared to oversee DNA testing that would test the claim. However, he halted his efforts when Clonaid would not give him access to the child and her family."

"The team of scientists has had no access to the family and therefore cannot verify the claim."

So basically he's just assuming that the project is a hoax because he had no access to the baby? Cmon. Don't jump to conclusions. I'm pretty sure there is good reason for not allowing ANYONE to see the baby. It's a very complicated issue, and I'm sure the right timing of exposure is what they're aiming for.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The trick with religious and other scams is giving people the most apealing answers to the questions they have.

You, in your opening statement, say exactly that too.
"Why don't you believe them? I tend to believe them because they have the most compelling answers to my questions".

Think for yourself, use logic and open your eyes and mind to see the truth about this.

As said by someone earlyer in the thread. Why would someone preaching the "truth" need to copyright it ...

The first clue to make scam alert go of is the fact they are selling things as core part of their truth bringing.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
What would you call a press announcement that you had made a scientific breakthrough (i.e. the cloning of a human), and then you provided no scientific proof or evidence for it...??? Fraud maybe???

Let's just say I wouldn't drink the punch at any Raelian gatherings...as he looks suspiciously like that Halle Bopp suicide cult leader, hehe...

As I've responded to the previous user concerning the baby clone, I believe that this subject is so complicated and so sensitive to everyone, that they are waiting to reveal their evidence when the time is right.

Honestly, I look at Rael, and I see nothing that is suspicious or evil. He's a man of few words, but as you study his behaviour and facial expressions, you sense this guy is genuine, and not out to promote anything is hurtful, violent, or deceitful. If you look at the big picture, it's incredibly positive and uplifting.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
Cults or not.
Imho, believing that we are alone in the universe, is like believing the earth is flat.

It takes no proof to believe, it takes one proof to know...
Have you gone around the planet, or do you just believe in what you have been tought in school??

I don't believe we are alone in the universe, however there is scant evidence for life elsewhere at the moment, so it is really a calculated guess. Unlike the earth not being flat, of which there is quite a bit of evidence (to say the least).

eudaimonia - you have ignored my claims about the Raelians being nothing but a bunch of conmen trying to fleece desperate people of their cash. They clearly lied repeatedly about having cloned a human - why should we believe anything else they say?

You keep saying that their claims could be true, but it also could be true that life on this planet was seeded by a sneeze from a space faring turtle the size of jupiter as it hurtled through our solar system at 2 thirds the speed of light. If I started a cult round this and dressed it up with a load of new age crap would you join? (membership is $200,000 - just to cover costs of course).

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
we both bow to infinity. i just recognize intelligence behind it.
(i.e. not subject to it)

Lost, infinity is exactly what the Raelians core teaching is all about.

The Raelians believe in:

that the Elohim are the creators of humanity.
in a scientific translation of the Bible.
that humanity has entered the Age of Apocalypse.
that an Embassy must be built to welcome the Elohim.
in a concept of Infinity.
in an Immaterial God and DNA as the source of Eternal Life.
in a Political System of Geniocracy.
in a World Government based on Humanitarianism.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

eudaimonia - you have ignored my claims about the Raelians being nothing but a bunch of conmen trying to fleece desperate people of their cash. They clearly lied repeatedly about having cloned a human - why should we believe anything else they say?

You keep saying that their claims could be true, but it also could be true that life on this planet was seeded by a sneeze from a space faring turtle the size of jupiter as it hurtled through our solar system at 2 thirds the speed of light. If I started a cult round this and dressed it up with a load of new age crap would you join? (membership is $200,000 - just to cover costs of course).

I have replied, I'm just too quick

They clearly lied repeatedly about having cloned a human

Really? There's no way of you knowing that. I feel your answers are motivated by frustration that evidence of their progress is not quickly thrown out to the public for review.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join