It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-10 production in problems?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Wow what a pointless thread. Anyone with anykind of aircraft knowledge would know that F-16, J-10 and Lavi are completely different planes. J-10 is NOT a copy of the Lavi nor the F-16. Man. J-10 has a squarish intake while F-16 has a oval intake. J-10 has variable intake, F-16 does not. J-10 is a generation ahead of F-16 in structural design. J-10 is some 3 tons heavier and bigger than the Lavi (if I remember right). J-10 has Chinese Iron Bird FBW. J-10 has WS-10A for the second on so on batches while the currently produced (or at least known) 24 (first batch) are equipped with AL-31FN.

Other stuff about the J-10 varies from source to source such as its radar, its computers, the takeoff and landing distances and things like that.

J-10 isn't in any trouble at all. All those stupid news about China buying Mirages and Rafales came from Taiwan propaganda websites where they make up stupid news to fill their websites and try to spread the idea of China threat.

According to the news (from the Taiwan source) China is buying 210 Mirage 2000 9cs and 1200 Mica MRAAMs and 186 supplementary engines for 12 billion Euros. Doesn't that just sound stupid?

Some while back they also said that China is buying 90 Rafales for 7 billion Euros. What a stupid made up news. If they are gonna make some fake news, at least make it sound realistically possible. The embargo's still on and with all the J-11A,B J-10A,B FC-1 JH-7As that we plan on building in the next few years, its just stupid to purchase anything else.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
i hope china gets Rafale

one sexy locking aircraft

Why don't you say J-10 is more sexy?
look! fine loin with skirt like butterfly
rafale is so fat!
external image
external image
external image
external image
Although I hate autarchic communist party, jet the J-10 looks better than F-16, Lavi, Rafale etc.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan

Other stuff about the J-10 varies from source to source such as its radar, its computers, the takeoff and landing distances and things like that.

According to the news (from the Taiwan source) China is buying 210 Mirage 2000 9cs and 1200 Mica MRAAMs and 186 supplementary engines for 12 billion Euros. Doesn't that just sound stupid?

Some while back they also said that China is buying 90 Rafales for 7 billion Euros. What a stupid made up news. If they are gonna make some fake news, at least make it sound realistically possible. The embargo's still on and with all the J-11A,B J-10A,B FC-1 JH-7As that we plan on building in the next few years, its just stupid to purchase anything else.

How is the J-10 a generation ahead of the F-16??
What is a "variable intake"..??
Is Kanwa a taiwanese source??
Can you confirm, prove?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Is the J-10 just a Typhoon rip-off?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
^^^
No i doubt that..
Infact it doesn't quite look like the F-16 much if you compare the two A/C carefully

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
external image

Now check. Lavi or J-10?

external image

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Originally posted by COWlan

How is the J-10 a generation ahead of the F-16??
What is a "variable intake"..??
Is Kanwa a taiwanese source??
Can you confirm, prove?

A variable intake is an intake that can vary in opening size to allow more air in at low speeds and less air in at high speeds. At high speeds, you don't want a lot of air in as it will result in overcompression of air and lead to inefficiency of the engine.

Because of the square intake, a ramp-style variable intake can be installed on the J-10 but the F-16 does not have it because its intakes are round.

To all of you who still think J-10 is a copy of something
I used to think the Chrysler Intrepid was a copy of the Dodge Viper. Because I know nothing about cars and I don't look at them. Same here. We get people who know nothing about modern fighters and think the LCA is a copy of the Mirage and people who think the J-10 is a copy of the Lavi or F-16 or EF-2000 or Rafale or whatever, just because they all have the same basic outer shape. If you actually spend some time looking at the features of each of those planes, and actually find out a little about their internal components, you'll know they're all very different planes. The J-10 design was certainly influeced by the Lavi or F-16, but they are by no means copies.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Good post Taishyou

I actually think the J-10 is a good looking aircraft, better looking than the Typhoon and the Lavi, it's in tie with the Rafale IMO.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Now how can you say that the J-10 looks better than the F-16?!
Just for that comment you made the F-16 says you can Kiss its A.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I personally like it better than the F-16 since it has a delta wing and canard design, I like the squarish intake, I like the cockpit and I like the black nose.

The F-16 is just such a mundane plane to me, I've seen so many.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ah hell the J10 is not a copy of the Lavi or th F-16

Here is the source..

external image

[edit on 16-4-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
OMG!!! The Japanese copied our J-10!!

[edit on 17/4/05 by W4rl0rD]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
Why would the Japanese give it to China?

I guess you didnt see the
below the post!

[edit on 16-4-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A nice CG picture of the J-10

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Lucretius]

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
now the pic above shows taht the nose resembles the F-16...

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
now the pic above shows taht the nose resembles the F-16...

the f-16 nose is a lot smaller
the nose is based on the su-27

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The F16 has influenced ALL of these fighters. Take those canards off and I bet you couldnt tell the difference from 100 yards.

The F16 was WAY ahead of its time. And the fact that all these other "next gen" F16 copies produced outside of the USA is proof of the Americas dominance in aircraft design.

Hate the USA or not, the US drives military aircraft tech and is at least 20 years ahead of everybody. Sound arrogant? Well it is, hard earned arrogance so get over it because this is simple fact.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
lets hope for your sake you are right

... it would be interesting to see Chinese Su-30's and J-10's moping up F/A-18's and F-15's

Of course we will just have to wait and see

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Take those canards off and I bet you couldnt tell the difference from 100 yards.

With canards

Canards off, like you requested

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A Su-30 will not mop up an F-15, and the J-10 is not in the same class as the F/A-18.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join