It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-10 production in problems?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

alright one is for sure and the other one in most probability too crashed.

I mean 99% of engine malfunctions on fighter jets, especially single engined jets cause a crash dont they ?

[edit on 13-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

lol.......again you post this as edvidence.

here 99%

www.b737.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   

and since you guys wanna make a big deal about the slow development pace of the LCA & it has not entered service yet,etc, etc...... let me tell you that the J-10 project started in 1984 and now its 2005 and is still not in service yet despite the fact that it is mostly based on the proven Israeli LAVI !!!!!!

and i have'nt seen one chinese media source say that the J-10 was slow or anything about its torture like development or its crashes and the crash killing its chief test pilot and FBW/engine failures, or its non-use of the indegenous engine, etc (while you have no hesitaion in posting the innumerable articles in the Indian media about the LCA's engine's poor performance on its first test in a test bed or the LCA's slow development and what not)...... what do you suppose is the reason for this ??

nope. the intial development started in 1988. the J-10 started mass production in 2002

The LAVI is not a proven design its madien flight was in july of 1986 and then in canceled in 1987 april. it only just started evualation

There is media reports about the J-10 after 2004. but before that the J-10 was a offical black project for china. how can the chinese report on anything the chinese governemnt doesn't even acknoledge exist

[edit on 13-7-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

and then it crashes when the WS-10 A fails:

and i hope you dont consider my post offensive

can you post link to the picture. i have seen that somewhere in china-defense or this site

www.china-military.org...

last time i saw that image it was in a pine forest in russia.

please restrian yourslef from postin BS like that. first pictures of the J-11 with WS-10A engine and then a photo of a crashed plane

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
So I guess the other two quotes were not useful in proving your point as one names FC-1 as FC-11 and the other one said FC-1 was a MIG-21 variant?

We have found many other quotes from including the most reliable military site on the internet www.globalsecurity.org What do you say to that? Is globalsecurity false or are your less reliable sites false?

I don't know which Sinodefence you've read but this one www.sinodefence.com... certainly doesn't state any connection of FC-1 to MIG-33.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by COWlan]

I think you are a great one also, but please allowed me to explain something that may cause misunderstanding

The point StealthSpy posted may be few wrong but I can make out what he really want to say
The FC-1's prototype called Super-7 which we all remembered it developed since 80's last century from Mig-21 to move the air-intakes to beside the fuslage in order to equip a longer range radar in the head.
Be coursing such long time to develop, FC-1 has already been totally different from the Super-7 which actually was improved from MiG-21 as FTC-2000 山鹰。 www.sinodefence.com...

Then, the FC-1's engine really was RD-33 which originally is equiped in MiG-29 fighter. But previously, Super-7 was planed to equip F404 which was used in F/A-18 and F-20.

Thanks for your read

[edit on 13-7-2005 by emile]

[edit on 13-7-2005 by emile]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

you come out with BS like this

Its offical stealth spy gets information from own source. himself

are you trying to make a fool of yourself

look chinawhite, personal attacks take the thread nowhere and only irk the other person. I'll just read daedalus's signature and stop retaliating to your never ending personal attacks(like i previously did and got warned for it)...and let the mods take care of that.

and could you give me links to say that the project-33 was nothing more than a model that china purchased. ???

-------------------------------------------------------
and this link that you posted : www.b737.org.uk... is meant for Boeing - 737's not fighter jets like the J-10.

and my official source is not myself as you claim; here are quotes with links to back them.

The most developed concept was MiG izdeje 33. MiG does not have money to develop both MFI and LFI at stroke, so they dropped LFI and work continued only on MFI. Concept was later sold to China and it become FC-1fighter.

link

The aircraft is based off the design of the MiG-33 which was rejected by the Soviet Air Force.

link

As a substitute for the Super-7, China is developing the FC-1 (Fighter China 1) lightweight multipurpose fighter based on the design for the MiG-33, which was rejected by the Soviet Air Force.

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Company [CAIC], based in Sichuan Province, is China's second-largest fighter production base, and the enterprise is cooperating with Russia's Mikoyan Aero-Science Production Group [MASPG] in the development of the FC-1.

But with the participation of MASPG, the Russians are using the FC-1 as a continuation of the MiG-33 [R33] program developed in the 1980s. With Russian technical assitance the redesigned FC-11 has improved climbout performance and steering capabilities along with a stronger fuselage. However, the most apparent modifications to the MiG-33 design is the repositioning of the ventral fins from the engine compartment to the added tail edgings, providing better aerial.

link

The development of this fighter, the improved copy of Soviet MIG-33 (which R&D was terminated due to absence of money at the beginning of 1990s), started at Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corp., in 1994-95.

More exactly, MIG-33 designers resumed this terminated project in Moscow under supervision of experts from Chengdu city and with financing from PLA. In 1995, Chengdu Corp. purchased 100 units advanced RD-93 jet engines, for the future FC-1, at Klimov Aircraft Corp. in St. Petersburg.

Despite all the efforts, the project dealt with a lot of problems, and only at the beginning of 2001 did it enter the last stage.

link

and about the J-10 programme :
Read this backed by another chinese link

The J-10 project was conceived in the 1984

link

and there appears to be some misunderstanding about the Mig-33.

While the Mig-33 is an upgrade, the Mig-izdeje 33 is same as the project-33 and is also called the R-33 by some...and it is this aircraft the the FC-1 is based on/improved copy of.

Russian names are always confusing like the Tu-22 and Tu-22M are totally different aircrafts; the Su-34, the Su-32FN, the Su-27IB are all the same aircraft !!!! and such nomenclature differences should not cause friction IMO.

and i found this too on the J-10 :

Russian involvement in the J-10 program was not limited to the AI-31FN turbojet engine, but also included offers for advanced multifunction radars, navigation and targeting systems, ECM suite, and missile warning and defense systems.

link

For low-level navigation and precision strike, a forward-looking infrared and laser designation pod is likely to be carried F-16-style on an inlet stores station. A Chinese designed pod similar to the Israeli Rafael Litening was revealed at the 1998 Zhuhai air show.

link

[edit on 13-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This topic has run its course and so has the continued desruptive baiting between two respective members.

Thread Closed

seekerof

[edit on 13-7-2005 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join