It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Heard Of Stigmatics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a stigmatic is a person who is marked with religous stigmata (stigmata being a scar or wound)

has anyone heard of Cloretta Robertson in Oakland California? cause i couldnt find anything about her here but apparently every easter the wonds of christ appear on her forehead and hands.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Padre Pio had the stigmata for most of his life.

He bled continuosly, and the wounds wound not heel. Also he had to wear gloves to keep the wounds covered.

Very interesting man, google for more fascinating info.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
havnt heard about it ill check it out though

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
As a christian i dont really see what the purpose of someone having the stigmata would be. Biblically there isnt anything that i know that would suggest that God uses it as a sign for people. But then again its almost one of those things where i would have to be there to actually see it happen and know that the person wasnt just doing it to themselves on purpose ya know?

And here's a thought i just had about this too..your feedback is more than welcome on this..maybe you have thought of this too.

lets say for a second that the stigmata really does appear on people not by their own doing, Whose to say it is a message from God or in other words something Divine? Why couldnt it be caused by evil (satan)? Now granted in thinking in the Christian sense of God, and the Christian definition of Evil.

I dont know just a thought. But like i said i dont really see at this point in my knowledge of it an validity or purpose to it.

Kind regards,
Digital Grl

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've seen a documentary of stigmatas before and they stated that if they started to bleed from the hand their a fraud and if they started to bleed from the wrist they were some what real. Due to the fact that jesus was not nailed to the cross through his hands but his wrist.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Good Point. Which again reiterates why from what i have studied it isnt real. Because all the pics and documentaries i have seen always show the marksin the persons hand

join