It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol? Huh? God Delivers Bush Logic At Fox News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The Propaganda Channel (Fox News) has unveiled the reason for our lack of border patrol and it is because Bush's "fear" the left-wing media will portray them to be "anti-hispanic". This is according to Bill O'Reilly (God), a copyright Bush/Murdoch/Ailes mouthpiece.

This is a counter attack, a weak one, to the attention Lou Dobbs is giving to a serious issue that faces America. The same issue which is a platform of propaganda for the Fox News Channel, that being TERRORISM. If we can control the borders, we can control TERRORISM.

Also, controlling the borders can relieve some economic problems.

Does America want to watch propaganda or issues that really challenge America?

Infoormation:
FOX News currently leads the cable news market, earning better ratings than its chief competitors CNN and MSNBC combined.

What Gives?

Is everyone gonna keep making love with propaganda?

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Enigmatic_Messiah]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
buy a fox blocker.

bill o reilly is quite the character. remember his "atttack" against canadas CBC ?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
buy a fox blocker.

bill o reilly is quite the character. remember his "atttack" against canadas CBC ?

hahahaha, I hadn't heard about that one. "Blame Canada, Blama Canada!", keeps playing in the back of mind as I type, and also as I remember the movie Canadian Bacon. Oh, my country, will it ever be normal?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
FOX garners the largest audience because it is the most entertaining and fair and balanced news outlet available. I know left-wingers don't see it as fair and balanced, but that's only because they're so accustomed to news from a point a view that sees the world through the same liberal prism they do. Luckly, the world has changed for the better.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic_Messiah

And what station would you suggest which is propaganda free?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I know left-wingers don't see it as fair and balanced, but that's only because they're so accustomed to news from a point a view that sees the world through the same liberal prism they do. Luckly, the world has changed for the better.

The world has changed for the better? I don't embrace right-wing statements that portray the "world" as the opinions in my mind, so I guess the real world has not changed for your better.

Pardon the nitpicking, so is the fair & balanced logo of Fox News suppose to be true because it balances the scales which the left-wing media has? It is obviously not the content of its programming which validates its statement as "Fair & Balanced".

Otherwise, good post, I enjoy your perspective on this matter. I am not attempting to be condescending. I honestly like your perspective, it is beneficial.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by Enigmatic_Messiah

And what station would you suggest which is propaganda free?

Good question. It might seem as though I am suggesting CNN in the thread, but I am not. If I were to suggest, it would be C-SPAN. Though C-SPAN does not cover topics in such a user-friendly manner.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Even if you accept that FOX is a right wing news outlet, it's not hard to understand why it enjoys such popularity. There are numerous liberal news sources that divide left-leaning audiences, whereas conservatives only have one place to go.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you, but most of the American media isnt 'leftist' at all... now thats going by global standards of left and right though. However the USA, being the Nationalistic Conservative Right winged country it is, is obviously going to see the more centrists and balanced media outlets as leftist... Fox though is undenialby baised to the right to most of the rest of the world, Fox news is a laughing stock, and the fact that so many Americans accept it as 'balanced' is also another point of humour for us 'rest of the world' people.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I hate to break it to you, but most of the American media isnt 'leftist' at all... now thats going by global standards of left and right though. However the USA, being the Nationalistic Conservative Right winged country it is, is obviously going to see the more centrists and balanced media outlets as leftist.

What do you base that idea of the "global standard of left & right"? Australia probably has a good judgement on global standards because of its location though.

I hate to break it to you, but we are not a "Nationalistic Conservative Right" nation. That is either a stereotype or crazy generalization.

Let me attempt to explain my premise of reasons to vote, I voted for Bush based on my LLC company being involved in the argriculture business. President Bush had many policies which encouraged growth for my business and the people that work for my company. My basis for voting Bush was with policies that benefit me. Ofcourse I disagree with war in Iraq, but my priority is the actions which will directly affect me and my business.

Lets take a look,

The red states have many benefits from voting for Bush, mainly economic benefits within the respective red states. These red states have economic matters to be concerned with. (Generally)

Look at the blue states, these states are generally more concerned with social issues and are also effected by international issues in a direct way, even with the exclusion of war they still have impacts by international and social issues. (Generally)

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm basing my 'global standard' on European and Australian standards (basically other western nations other than the USA)...

I hate to break it to you, your country is defiantely very right leaning, even the Dems are pretty right winged (in comparison to Europe and Australia). Not neccesarily a bad thing if you have right winged views of course... just calling it as we see it... we being non American spectators on US politics. Unfortunately (or fortunately dependnig where your looking at it from) Australia is following your country down the path of right wingedness...

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Actually the state map conceals more than it reveals. The better map to look at is the county-by-county map:

Here you can see for the most part it's really the urban areas that voted for Kerry and the suburbs and rural areas that voted for Bush. The reason the blue states were blue is that they contain large cities whose populations were able to overcome the respective rural populations of the state.

Edit:

To see the populations more clearly, this map is helpful:

external image

Basically high-population areas as well as desperately poor areas voted for Kerry while the vast area of the U.S. voted for Bush.

[edit on 4/14/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Regardless of all the different maps (dead horse, whip, what's wrong with this picture?), Fox News is no more a propaganda generator than the loony liberal propaganda outlets.

While the two sides bicker (you know, the vast majority who are so gullible as to believe either party gives two cents and a burp about the good of the nation), the members of the two parties sit back, do as they please and meet at members' only clubs to discuss how blithering stupid we all are while drinking expensive booze and smoking Cuban cigars.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
i agree

all newstations are propaganda pushers

they all work togeather and use a guise of "two different partys" to trick everyone into thinking theres a real competition

but in reality theres no real competition
politics is a monopoly controlled by the Elitist Rich Greedy Scumbags corporate corrupt etc etc etc

think of any negative word it applies to them lol

basically they lie all day and pretend to be fighting but really they are Controlling everyone by getting them to 'take sides'

thats why i am not Dem or Rep
I believe in Equality Liberty Fairness and Freedom
neither party believes in those values at all

both Dems and Reps ; all they believe in is $$$$$$$$

the ONLY FAIR AND BALANCED NEWS
i know of is

ABOVETOPSECRET.COM

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
if you would like to see a great example of why Competition is a LIE invented by the Elites to trick the common man/woman

heres a great website

TheyRule.net

basically the site works like this

you pick a company
and it shows you everyone on its board of directors

and then you can see what Other boards these people reside on,
and draw the connections

its fun to play with, you can virtually connect any company in america to any other company within 5 or so steps

basically, the idea goes; that since these "directors" of the corporations are working on Multiple boards at once; that gives them ability to sway the direction those companys are moving

so ; if you have John doe 1 working for corporation A
and John 1 is also on Corporation B
well John 2 is on Corporation B too
plus John 2 works with Corporation C

Corporation A is like "Pepsi"
and Corporation C is like "Cocacola"

go to theyrule.net and check it out its ....Amazing to say the least

ok
at the end of last year *or mid last year*
this list is very accurate from my knowledge

PepsiCo - Robert E Allen=Bristol Myers Squibb=James D Robinson III - Cocacola

see how easy that corporate connection is?
im sure that Robert and James are friends being they both are on the BristolMyers Squibb board
isnt it funny that both of them have a Big say in Pepsi and Cocacola??????

doesnt that mean they are probably co-ordinating things? maybe?

another good example

Ford-Richard A Manoogian=BankOne=John H Bryan- General Motors

AT&T Wireless-Donald V Fites=ExxonMobil=Walter V Shipley-Verizon Comm

Boeing-Kenneth M Duberstein=ConocoPhillips=Norman R Augustine-LockheedMartin

Kellogg-Ann McLaughlin Korologos=Microsoft=Raymond V Gilmartin-GeneralMills

since we were talking about Newsgroups being "better" or "worse than other"

think agian
all major media outlets are Directly connected to all other Media outlets within one or two steps
check out this Web of Propaganda!!!
www.theyrule.net...

the evidence is here
its a MONOPOLY
thank you for your time

have fun at the website
i know i do
peace mates

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
To see the populations more clearly, this map is helpful:

external image

Off topic, but that's an awesome find of a map dj77.

It explains in a glance what it normally takes a 500 word post to explain.

On topic, every little thing wrong with every media outlet out there can me researched at mediamatters.org... (and discussed further in P@ATS barring any unique revelations of a media conspiracy).

To the extent FOX may seem over-represented there, is probably because they make more factual errors. No doubt, being a media observer foundation supported by John Podesta though, that may make that observation of FOX flaws seem like a liberal bias. But remember Podesta is the champion of UFOlogists everywhere with with his freedom of information efforts, and to the extent he's biased one way or the other is merely toward the truth.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't even watch TV news--hardly at all, really. I get most of my news from newswithviews.com.

As far as our borders go--seal them off, declare a moratorium on immigration (excepting extreme cases), and kick the illegals out on their behinds.

The ACLU and other extreme left-wing nutjobs obviously don't care about America, and neither do the neocons. Haven't they ever heard of American sovereignty?

And I agree, all the networks do is perpetuate the "left vs. right, Dem vs. Rep" myth. That's why I'm a Constitution Party member.

top topics

join