It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Zundel Lieutanant Gunned Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It appears that today one of Ernst Zundel's closer associates was gunned down today in an unusual surge of violence. Reports are sketchy, but this much is clear: a shots fired call was made to 911, after which police and ETF deployed, locking down a nearby school. Wolfgang Droedge was, by witness accoutns, foudn shot dead at the scene. Inside was a barricaded hostage situation, which was peaceably resolved.

www.pulse24.com
Police are refusing to say if Wolfgang Droege, a white supremacist and a former leader of the Heritage Front, was the man who was gunned down in an east end apartment building Wednesday.

Heavily armed police and the E.T.F. raced to the scene at 2 North Drive in the Victoria Park and Gerrard St. area just after 3pm, following reports that shots were fired.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I live about one town over, and Scarborough (where this incident occured) is by no means a peaceful neighborhood. There are a fair amount of gangs and drugs. Last time I was there, I actually saw a small crew of young neo-nazis walking the streets after dark. It was disturbing, not something you'd expect even in Scarborough. While Scarborough has been rough, experience has lead local police forces to roll up in force, and not pull any punches. At least once a year, police exchange gunfire with suspects in Scarborough alone.

Shots fired isn't a regular incident in town, but lately it's been pretty bad. A few days ago, a drive by went bad when the intended victim started firing back. The recent rash of violence is starting to unsettle the usually jaded residents of the area.

Above all there are many implications in this murder- it could mean that the loss of Zundel to Canada is causing a shakeup of the white-supremacist organizations, or perhaps that a racially motivated gang war has begun. No matter what, the loss of this scumbag will mean that the Heritage Foundation will probably attempt to retaliate, and more white supremacists from all over will flood in for the funeral. In any case, it is bad news all around.

Related News Links:
www.pulse24.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Ernst Zundel and the Holocaust

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It has been confirmed that Droege was the victim.

Neo-Nazi Gunned Down

DE

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i live in this neighborhood. it's NOT a violent area. nasty rumours getting started here. the gun play in scarbourough(which is a HUGE area), is a mostly suburban animal, occuring in the more north-easterly areas. it happens at house parties and drug deals gone bad and is gang-related, for the most part.
THIS community(the lower central toronto edge of scarbourough) is not one of 'those' neghborhoods. it's an old community where many people still know their neighbors. lots of kids playing hockey in the street, and whatnot. very safe and normal. it is relatively ethnically diverse, as well, so 'neo-nazis' wouldn't do well here. perhaps 'punks' would be a better word to describe the people you saw, DE. i think i know whom you mean. orange mohawk ring a bell? the area is also peppered with rich($400, 000 plus homes) and lower income properties($150, 000 to $200, 000 homes), but for the most part is middle of the road, middle class($200, 000 - $350, 000).

i have to say, i find this disturbing in the light of the recent deportation of zundel. it's like there's some kind of turf war or silencing program going on amongst the illuminati. this certainly 'feels' like a political killing.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I saw Orange Mohawk. He was travelling with a few skinheads, several of which bore... shall we say aggravating paraphrenalia? I saw a few Wehrmacht symbols, maybe a stormfront tattoo. It was kind of disconcerting. I saw them a ways away from the killing- down by the Long Branch GO station.

There is an undeniable prescence in scarborough. This murder has a definite political flavor to it, so one can expect bloody reprisals.

DE

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Oh yeah, I saw Orange Mohawk. He was travelling with a few skinheads, several of which bore... shall we say aggravating paraphrenalia? I saw a few Wehrmacht symbols, maybe a stormfront tattoo. It was kind of disconcerting. I saw them a ways away from the killing- down by the Long Branch GO station.

There is an undeniable prescence in scarborough. This murder has a definite political flavor to it, so one can expect bloody reprisals.

DE

well, i'll watch those guys more closely for symbols, 'cause i don't like nazis. that tiny black-leathered crowd really do stick out like a sour thumb around here, though. they most definitely do not represent the general citizenry. there are an equal or more likely greater number of other ethnics in the area(which is mostly gang-free). although it is a predominantly 'old white' neighborhood, there is a spirit of racial tolerance. there are sri-lankans, jamaicans, chinese, mixed marriages, gays, pakistani, east indians, and others, and the area is practically violence free. really. one love.
main and danforth(long branch GO) is a much more likely hole from whence the hateful whitey spawns and distills hatred. they had a big 'swarming' problem there ten yrs. ago. the poor and destitute hate everyone who's not poor and destitute. i think 'white' is just an hate umbrella to hide under. no use trying to blame bankers and industrialists when you don't even know what they are.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Okay, I just got a 'no' vote for some reason. Let me break it down:the leader and public face of the Canadian white supremacist movement for the last thirty or so years was gunned down yesterday in a fairly affluent neighborhood.

What's wrong with this picture?

1. The leader and founder of the Heritage Foundation supremacist movement had big bucks, but got waxed only wearing his boxers.

2. The assailant then barricaded himself in the man's apartment with an unknown hostage.

3. Assailant surrenders peacefully to the hated cops to a murder charge.

This, in my mind, says that this was a clearly political killing within the white supremacist movement. the fact that this guy was living in one of the very few upscale parts of the city was suspicious enough, but to be found dead in only his boxers, with the assailant NOT having run off? Bizzare.

DE

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
from the opening paragraph....

by witness accoutns, foudn

turned down for spelling, maybe? i mean. it's true. it's even mainstream. why shouldn't it be accepted as news?

i'll go by that address and tell you what income bracket it looks like it's in.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Oh, I got a notice about that too. But this was a flat out no-this-isn't-news vote.

Another thing that came to mind as I ate an omlette...where's the hostage? What ever happened to them? Think about it. If it was just a barricaded suspect call, they wouldn't have sat around and negotiated like that. In my town a few years ago, we had a similar situation. A man took a few shots at his wife, then barricaded himself in his apartment. He didn't want to talk, so within the hour, ETF got sick of waiting. They put in a CS canister into his window.

He came running out in a hurry, right into the waiting arms of a tactical squad.

Hell, they could have sent in the tac squad at the same time. CS filled room, breach bang and clear. Easy resolvement of the situation. There MUST have been extenuating circumstances for police to negotiate with a murder suspect within line of sight of a school.

DE

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i went and looked at the house. nice, quaint middle class street. soon, there will be flowers everywhere kind of a mature area. that house would sell for $300-$350, 000 i'm guessing. would have been $250-300, 000 about five yrs. ago.
i saw 2A north st. which was a house. there was an apartment building next to it. there were two cop cars parked out front.

a really beautiful little street, though. bizarre stuff.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Even Wikipedia finds this of note. Wow.

DE

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Didn't you guys know all the crappy areas are getting exported into the "horseshoe" area and the inner toronto is getting more peacefull and afluent by the day. I was shot at once in Scarberia in the mid-90s, near Cedarberry Highschool, now THAT is a rough area, almost as rough as South Regent Park.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
okay. 2 north is the apartment building. he lived in the apartment building, which is nice, but not opulent.
the press/police are saying it was a jealous boyfreind(also his friend, supposedly), and not politically motivated.

he is now a smuggler, and conspired to take an island by force to set up a white supremesist country, according to the popular myth being generated by 'the force'.
poor trappings and anti-climactic end for a criminal mastermind.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

No matter what, the loss of this scumbag will mean that the Heritage Foundation will probably attempt to retaliate, and more white supremacists from all over will flood in for the funeral.

An important clarification here - The Heritage Front is the Canadian neo-Nazi group. The Heritage Foundation is an influential U.S. conservative think-tank that is alleged to have Nazi ties.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My bad. I heard the rumors of the the jealous boyfriend, but I'm not buying it. The pieces do not fit. none teh less, the city will be flooded with white supremacists. A bad time for all.

DE

new topics

top topics

join