It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slash Vs. Bucket Head

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
the 2 guitarists of Guns N' Roses, though Bucket Head recently quit, but who is better, at guitar, at being a rock star, over all. . .who is better?

Velvet

as for me it's
Slash
Bucket Head

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
gota be slash. the whole idea of bucket head is just a joke. and anyway bucket head was part of the corrupt g+r so its not alowed!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
how is he not allowed, he was still in Gn'R he did shows w/ Axl, he should be a quilifying contestent in this,

Velvet

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If Axl was smart, he would reunited with Izzy Stradlin. The 2 were childhood friends. Izzy has made some awesome solo stuff, but it never got any play.

No matter how many shows "Buckethead" performed in, he hasnt recorded with them, which to me, means he was never a "member" of the band.

However with out Slash and Izzy together, it will never be Guns n Roses. Gilby Clarke was good, but not the same. Besides, most of the stuff on illusion was written with Stradlin.

On a side note..Velvet Revolver is awesome. A nice "next best thing". Far better than whatever crap it was Axl was trying to pass off as "Guns".

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Slash...to me is a better guitarist.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717
how is he not allowed, he was still in Gn'R he did shows w/ Axl, he should be a quilifying contestent in this,

Velvet

Who hasnt played with Axl at some point or another? If he recorded with them, then hes in the band. Playin a couple of shows makes him nothing more than a contract musician.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
buckethead did record with them. i have one of their tracks-O My God. never theless, he will still never live up to Slash

Velvet

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Bucket head.... you ccant mess wut him.
He can do everystyle. He can scratch like tom morello, play like slash and do his own styles.
Ppl criticize him cuz he has a bucket on his head. All you bitches compare fashion to guitar style. To me Buckethead is way better then slash.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Bucket head.... you ccant mess wut him.
He can do everystyle. He can scratch like tom morello, play like slash and do his own styles.
Ppl criticize him cuz he has a bucket on his head. All you bitches compare fashion to guitar style. To me Buckethead is way better then slash.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
man, buckethead will never live up to slash

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think Buckethead (one word) is a better guitarist both technically and creatively. Soothsayer is amazing, and none of his songs can be re-played by another guitarist.

But for being a rock star, Slash is definatly better. He has the style, attitude, and all of that. He's also more famous and had a better career with GNR.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Slash has the cool factor, although the bucket thing makes me laugh.

Slash has popularity, and a much wider audience then Buckethead.

True, i dont think many could do a good Buckethead song justice, but not many people can put the same kind of feeling into a piece like Slash. They can play it, but again it probably wont sound right.

In the end, id say it comes to prefrence. Whether you like speed or a little more feeling, it's really a personal preference.

I prefer Slash, he has some speed too

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I was under the impression that buckethead played on the 'chinese democracy' album which will never be released?

I think slash is a better guitar player, and buckethead is a better soloist... buckethead has to be one of the fastest guitar players i've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I've never heard of this 'Bucket Head'. So I'll have to go with 'Slash'.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Slash's contribution to GnR was far better. He may not have the speed and technicality of Buckethead, but he has great tone and I love the bluesy feel of his solos.

Outside of GnR, Buckethead has produced some pretty awesome work though, and he's a lot more versatile than people give him credit for. I just don't think he fits into a band like GnR (although the solo at the end of 'There was a time' on Chinese Democracy was sweet).

Slash is a badass piece of rock history. He'll be remembered long after Buckethead is forgotten.

Craig (Snip)

[Mod Edit - removed email address]

[edit on 20/12/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
buckethead is lightyears beyond the skill that slash has.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
slash is good at drinking jack daniels and smoking cigarettes.
buckethead is a virtuoso on the instrument. slash's licks are tired and he could only hope to be as good as the bucket is.

i think a lot of people get turned off by bucketheads 'gimmick' but he does not want to be hounded like a rock star. he has done many collaberations and played guitar on a ton of movie soundtracks.
he's a virtuoso on guitar, bass, and banjo and he even plays the keys a little bit.

i wish i knew more about him. all i know is his name is brian carroll and his mentor was paul gilbert.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
check out his discography and all his collaberations

en.wikipedia.org...

the guy has an amazing amount of material out there. also he has been active since 88 which is new to me. i didn't know that.

but yeah, he smokes slash. slash's licks sound the same after all these years. if he would have dedicated himself more to his instrument and less to the booze and drugs maybe it would be different but it is what it is.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish
buckethead is lightyears beyond the skill that slash has.

Someone finally got it right!!!
Great job Thing.
Actually I lost a lot of respect for BH after playing for Assle holes, ummm.... I mean Axl Rose.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lanimilbus

i didn't even give it a thought. buckethead is one of the greatest active guitarists out there right now. actually he imo is already in the list of greatest all time. his body of work speaks for itself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join