It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Aliens: THE Social Security Cash Cow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
According to a small piece in Time Magazine, illegal aliens pay an estimated $7 billion dollars in Social Security taxes-and guess what? They'll never see a dime of it. Medicare? $1.5 billion. Ten percent of last year's Social Security surplus was due to contributions made by illegals...no wonder our borders are so "porous". SHEEsh!

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
NB, do you have a link to the article, or at least the date and page it appeared on?
Interesting statistics, but I had no luck finding the article.
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
NB, do you have a link to the article, or at least the date and page it appeared on?
Interesting statistics, but I had no luck finding the article.
Thanks.

The numbers are in the April 18th edition of Time Mag. in the "Notebook" section. Looks like they pulled the stats From the New York Times. It's the only resource listed that seems plausible.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I found the article story, and a link to it if you scroll to April 06 2005, the link to Time magazine is in there but you have to sign in to get the news story.

April 06, 2005

New York Times Carefully Selects Data, Concludes Illegal Aliens are a Boon to Social Security System

According to a front page report in The New York Times, illegal aliens working under bogus Social Security numbers contribute $7 billion a year to the trust fund. Illegal immigration is "the fastest way to shore up the long-term finances of Social Security," the Times quotes a New York University professor as saying.

www.steinreport.com...

Interesting to note that is true most aliens that work in the US do so with fake social security numbers so the money they pay stays in the system and never is claim.

new topics

top topics

join