It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Sharon Rules Out Attacking Iran Over Nukes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Go back and read the US freaking Constitution!!

Why? WTF has a 200 yr old piece of paper (that your own government ignores) have to do with me?

To ratify an international treaty require the two-third majority votes from the Congress (the Representatives and the Senate, respectively) before it is presented to the President for his signature or veto altogether. Ratify an international treaty takes a very long time due to intensive lobbying, second thoughts or doubts.

Fine. But the point being that you have signed these treaties. I, nor the rest of the world, could give a rats arse about the US constitution. The fact is, you signed those treaties, so obey them, especially when you start crying about other people ignoring them.

If you don't want to live by international law, then don;t expect anyone else too.

Ask the Iraqis, don't ask me

WTF? What are you on? You responded as below:

Originally posted by stumason
Care to cite a source for your 1 million claim? I know its utter BS. The Foreign Secretary of the UK himself claims it was only 300,000 (which is still probably hyped for propaganda, latest figures put it nearer 100,000). It only reaches 1 million of you include the deaths as a direct result of sanctions.

Throughout the entire reign of Saddam Hussein (30+ years).

Like I said, what are you trying to say? The figures I quoted are for the entire reign of Saddam, so your random statements mean bugger all.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Would you people show this forum it deserves? Decorum folks.

And yet another admonition to not circumvent the censors.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
So you lambast International consensus and so pointedly show how irrelevant the rest of the World's opinion is to the United States government. Yet you preach on about how Iraq deserved to be invaded because it didnt do what the United States said. Iraq also went against International consensus, which is no different to when the United States does the same.

The United States is a 'rogue state'. Look up the word "rogue" and tell me the United States doesnt come under that description.

You cant on one hand tell sovereign nations (like Iraq) to do what the United States government dictates, loosley based on International consensus or not, when you dont bother to pay attention to any other countries demands yourself.

Stumason, not even your commendable, factually accurate and logical posts can drum any sense into this guy. He's not worth any more effort and just exemplifies the American attitude that got us into these kind of messes in the first place.

I wont bother continuing to argue with some one who doesnt back up his assertions with facts or even links and does it with insults.

[edit on 17/4/05 by subz]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ok, another thread which has gone off topic.... i am trying to stop myself from actually giving, again...., evidence against what some people are claiming here....

Anyways...we have discussed in the past what subz and other members are bringing up in this post about the WMD in Iraq, etc, etc...

If you want to discuss those topics, do a search about Iraq's wmd and post there. Otherwise stop trying to change the subject of a thread...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You, subz and stumason, are not worth arguing with because you guys are IGNORANT LEFTIST TOOLS who are ignoring historical facts, obvious circumstances and pandering to anti-American bias!

I've argued with thick-headed, short-sighted idiots like you (subz and stumason) in the other forums and I'm not going to argue further with you idiots.

So take your BS and shove up yours.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
If you want to discuss those topics, do a search about Iraq's wmd and post there. Otherwise stop trying to change the subject of a thread...

It started with the idiot subz making an asinine, misguided comment about the US faking WMD claims when there are evidence that the US and UK relied on the UN's past inspections, foreign intel and other sources about Iraq's WMD claims and then subz turned the whole thread to his anti-American slam.

I'm just sick and tired of people turning a thread into any anti-American slam in a forum and making opinionated asinine comments that does nothing to further the debate. Some people are more informed on certain subjects and will not put up with misguided, slanted or distorted comments expressing here or anywhere by short-sighted idiots showing their bias and one-sided politics.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Dude show us something that even remotely backs up what you are claiming and I'll gladly change my opinion.

Insults do you no favours and just embarrass yourself.

While this has strayed off topic, its not exactly hijacked the thread as there was no other discussion going on in the first place.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Dude show us something that even remotely backs up what you are claiming and I'll gladly change my opinion.

Insults do you no favours and just embarrass yourself.

While this has strayed off topic, its not exactly hijacked the thread as there was no other discussion going on in the first place.

It was your anti-American bias that caused this thread to go off the subject. I will not put up with your distorted and slanted anti-American bias here or anywhere and I will not put up misguided and ignorant garbage you're spewing to proliferate.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You mean I spoke the 'truth'? Saying that anything negative about the United States is a lie doesnt change the facts.

If you can give us some evidence that contradicts what I've said I'll change my opinion. But untill then I stand by my facts. The United States is a classical rogue state, and if you dont like that calling me a liar isnt going to change it.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The United States is NOT a rogue state. It never has been nor it will never be. You are making a case that has a clear anti-American bias.

You are not speaking the truth. You are speaking from an opinionated prejudice against the United States, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
We have a topic here please stick to it.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Subz, if you do a search you will find all the evidence in past threads in ATSNN...meanwhile stick to the topic in this thread please.....

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It is on damn topic!

I dont agree that there should be a US or Israeli attack on Iran in the first place BECAUSE AMERICA AND ISRAEL ARE ROGUE STATES THEMSELVES!

America: Does what it wants regardless of what the rest of the World says to do. It claims its a soveriegn nation and can do what it wishes and doesnt have to bow to international pressure.

Lets use an analogy if its easier for you to understand.

Lets say there is a policeman (United States) who knows all about the law. Tells everyone how to behave within the law. Arrests people for breaking the law, shoots people for breaking the law. But openly states that they will not abide by the same laws at all because no one has the right to tell him how to act. What would your opinion be of that policeman if he then goes and breaks laws by the dozen? Would you accept it? Maybe if he was your own father and you got something out of it but no one else would!!

You zealots even aspouse America's right to not have its policy dictated to by foreign countries. How is America not a rogue state when it fits its own bloody definition of what a rogue state is?! When your not crippled by patriotism come and see me. Christ now im losing my temper.

[edit on 18/4/05 by subz]

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   

You, subz and stumason, are not worth arguing with because you guys are IGNORANT LEFTIST TOOLS who are ignoring historical facts, obvious circumstances and pandering to anti-American bias!

I've argued with thick-headed, short-sighted idiots like you (subz and stumason) in the other forums and I'm not going to argue further with you idiots.

So take your BS and shove up yours.

Slighlty uneccessary don't you think? If you knew anything about my posts you would know that I am no "leftist tool" but never mind .

It is on damn topic!

I agree. It is about another half arsed attempt to do one country in over WMD and Iraq has every relevance to this debate as it helps demonstrate not only the lies but also the duplicity in this debacele, especially where international law and favouritism for other countries come in.

Subz man, don't lose your rag, it's not worth popping a vein over

Thanks for the compiment by the way

top topics

<< 1   >>

join