It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Al-Qaeda Suspect Jailed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thirty-One year old Al-Qaeda supect Kamel Bourgass has been jailed 17 years for plotting to spread Ricin on the London Underground. Kamel was already serving a life sentence for stabbing to death Detective Constable Stephen during an anti terrorism raid in 2003.

news.bbc.co.uk
An al-Qaeda suspect who stabbed to death a policeman has been jailed for 17 years for plotting to spread ricin and other poisons on the UK's streets.

The BBC's Home Editor Mark Easton says the authorities in Britain believe there was a plan to co-ordinate chemical and biological attacks across Europe.

They discovered castor oil beans - the raw material for ricin - along with equipment needed to produce it and recipes for ricin, cyanide, botulinum and other poisons, along with instructions for explosives.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The streets of the UK and Europe are a safer place since the arrest and conviction of this murderer/terrorist. Lets just pray that the British police continue to catch and convict the rest of these dangerous people.

Related News Links:
www.sky.com

[edit on 13/4/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We've got plenty of "Jailed" stories. Let's try a fresh one. I'd like to see just one story that says "Al Qaida suspect TRIED" I won't hold my breath- especially not for one in the USA.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You can't "jail" someone who is serving a life sentence, but you can sentence them.

Last night I saw the South Park episode featuring "Martin Jefferson" and police techniques for framing rich black men.

On the London Al Qaeda connection, however, why were four suspected accomplices exonerated?

join